Transfer Speculation Summer 2016

Guest av1

2 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

I would be, I think ayew is better than bamford and kodja

I have to be honest and admit that I know very little about Bamford & Kodja.  It would be impossible to compare either with Awye.

What I do know is that I don't want any players here who are not committed and are not happy. Little indications are filtering out that Aywe is not happy and if there was any truth in the WHU rumour, he would tear up trees to make it happen.

With the possible exception of Amavi and Adama (who I still think can come good) I am not upset at any player leaving. In fact I want most players to leave. We really do need to draw a line under the last 4 years and Saturday against Middlesborough showed far too many signs of those bad old days.

If pushed, I would like to keep Aywe. If he goes and is replaced by either Bamford or Kodja who we know can score goals in this league, I won't lose any sleep whatsoever.

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, Butterfingers said:

How disappointed would people be if we sold Aywe and used the money to bring in either Bamford or the Bristol City striker?

How much difference would that make in the grand scheme of things?

Judging on how we're lining up, it's going to be a lone striker and then a number 10. I don't know much about the other players but I personally wouldn't be over upset to replace Awye like for like with either of the other 2.

Wouldn't be that bothered . . . Ayew is probably a better footballer, but if Bamford or Kodjia got more goals and more assists I doubt I'd care. We haven't found a system that actually suits Ayew yet IMO. 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

Wouldn't be that bothered . . . Ayew is probably a better footballer, but if Bamford or Kodjia got more goals and more assists I doubt I'd care. We haven't found a system that actually suits Ayew yet IMO. 

Agree with this and I certainly don't think he's that good that we should look to build a team/system around him.

Edited by Mammoth10
Typo
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

100% bang on the money.

There is no way Ayew should be let go for £8m have people been watching the transfer market this summer ? A one legged monkey with an eye patch is worth more than £8m right now. Hence why Clark only cost Newcastle  £5m ;)

Edited by limvillian
  • Like 1

Wouldn't sell Ayew for £8m but if he wanted to go to the shirt stealers then add on another £10m to their initial 'offer'.

I like Ayew, but feel he is a very frustrated footballer and right now, Villa must be a frustrating team to play in. He obviously has the ability, unfortunately no one around him can consistently perform.

I'd rather he stayed and we sign another 3-4 players that can improve the team on the whole.

On 02/08/2016 at 16:24, Demitri_C said:

Having a forward line of between mccormack, ayew, rudy and bamford really turns the tide and I think we will score a ridiculous amount of goals with them four as our strikers at this level. 

It's all about the service they get and especially set pieces,  not sure what our goal conversion rate was per corner / free kick but it was probably one of the worst in the developed world last year for all age groups of football.  

After the fuss he kicked up at Lorient this time last year trying to get here, and after one year in a five year contract...piss off.

IF we decided to sell Ayew, it would have to be for a similar amount as what Liverpool paid for Wijnaldum. He got 11 goals in 38 games for a far better Newcastle team and is roughly the same age. Ayew got 7 in 28 for one of the worst PL teams ever whilst playing under 3 different managers. Would need to be £20m+ otherwise any team can GTFO.

Having said all that, I think it's largely a moot point anyway as neither RDM nor the Doc want to sell him anyway.

Edited by StanBalaban
  • Like 4

Just now, dont_do_it_doug. said:

Huh?

It just seems silly on quite a few levels. Firstly, I question the validity of the link, especially all that has been said by Uncle Tony that he wasn't leaving. I know that's football, and that contracts don't mean squat, but it is frustrating to see a player leave that is a "keeper" leave so easily with so much of a contract remaining. Last year, he accused Lorient of boosting his transfer fee to  discourage Villa from buying him. If we did the same to Whammers, will he spit the dummy again? Villa has had too much of a recent past and present with drama queens in the dressing room, so, he can piss off. This is all of course depending on the credibility of Tribal Football. If its just clickbait, then they can piss off.

1 minute ago, AJ said:

It just seems silly on quite a few levels. Firstly, I question the validity of the link, especially all that has been said by Uncle Tony that he wasn't leaving. I know that's football, and that contracts don't mean squat, but it is frustrating to see a player leave that is a "keeper" leave so easily with so much of a contract remaining. Last year, he accused Lorient of boosting his transfer fee to  discourage Villa from buying him. If we did the same to Whammers, will he spit the dummy again? Villa has had too much of a recent past and present with drama queens in the dressing room, so, he can piss off. This is all of course depending on the credibility of Tribal Football. If its just clickbait, then they can piss off.

So your point is, somebody can piss off!

;)