Transfer Speculation Summer 2016

Guest av1

5 minutes ago, Gary Thomas said:

I do find these kind of posts ridiculously pessimistic.....not criticizing you in particular, there are lost of posts like this and you are your entitled to see things as you wish, but from where I stand it looks like you are just worrying about stuff that hasn't happened and probably won't happen. It is like imagining the worst case scenario and then talking like that is going to happen.  I think plenty of players will want to stay at Villa and we should have a bit more trust in Tony and RDM to seer us through.  Again just my view.

That's fair enough. But I am trying to be realistic not pessimistic - but that is still down to opinion.

In my 38 years of being a football fan, i have come to realise that modern football now has no loyalty, just money and ego.

Bacuna's comment about champion's league football, may have earnt him a deserved berating by the fans, but i guarantee you that is what 90% of all Prem footballers think.

On a more positive note, Grealish seems to be up for proving himself for Villa and in the Championship so not everyone is acting like entitled spoilt brats.

Wasn't the Champions League thing something that was taken massively out of context? Looking on the net, it seems he was asked if he'd move back to Holland in the future and mentioned he wouldn't turn down Ajax/PSV because they play CL football.

• Like 2

A number of posters are furthering the scenario that there will be a mass exodus of players, particularly the better ones. The preponderance  of evidence would suggest that this will not be the case, as only 3 players have indicated that they wanted to leave - Gueye, Okore and Bacuna, only Gueye being justifiably able to claim to be one of our better players, and so far only he, of these, appears to be going.

Let's panic about our better players leaving when there is real evidence that it is going to happen.

1 hour ago, flashingqwerty said:

I was thinking the same about rvp

But he is also quite lazy and very much a luxury player. Not sure hes right for us

I owuld love it if Van P signed for us, he is a top bloke 

45 minutes ago, Duck said:

Sure they haven't added anyone yet, but they've been consistent over the last number of seasons pushing for promotion. Pearson back in management with a point to prove. And the division so far hasn't exactly been a flurry of activity on the transfer front. Strangely most teams are still unchanged from 3 months ago :P

I'd be very suprised if they weren't up there. 

So, a similar situation to us then? ;)

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

I owuld love it if Van P signed for us, he is a top bloke 

We should keep asking him until he says yes.  Because as RVP always says, 50 'no' and 1 'yes' means yes,

• Like 4

27 minutes ago, kurtsimonw said:

Wasn't the Champions League thing something that was taken massively out of context? Looking on the net, it seems he was asked if he'd move back to Holland in the future and mentioned he wouldn't turn down Ajax/PSV because they play CL football.

I didn't actually know that, but i could easily believe that to be the case. Bacuna was awful last season and that comment made it worse, but if the comment was misinterpreted then fair enough - then it means he has a better chance to redeem himself.

55 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

You put more trust in that article than what the owner says? Can i ask why?

Because our owner said we would be the biggest club in the world in 10 years..

L'equipe are usually fairly reliable and whether or not this happens, clubs will be sniffing around Ayew and there won't be anything our owner can do if an offer comes in that turns the players head. Regardless of the silly tweets he puts out. 

Anyway, how are our signings coming along?

17 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

L'equipe are usually fairly reliable and whether or not this happens, clubs will be sniffing around Ayew and there won't be anything our owner can do if an offer comes in that turns the players head. Regardless of the silly tweets he puts out. 

But there is something the owner can do... He can say no thanks we will keep the player.

I don't understand this whole panic about losing Ayew & Amavi, do they both have release clauses?

• Like 1

Regardless of release clause, no matter how much the owner wants to keep them, if the player wants to leave, he will leave. We've seen it so many times before.

We're currently putting a lot of faith into 3/4 players to create and score all our goals next season. I'm far from convinced with the current squad we have that we will finish above 10th.

We can talk forever about there being 5 weeks left of the transfer window and yes, we might sign some players, but as things stand, our current squad is far from good enough to get anywhere near promotion.

Hurry up, Villa.

But thats not true Delphinho. If the owner wants to keep them he will....simple;  There is nothing the player can do really as hes under contract!

Its not as if he is worth mega bucks that the club simply cant miss out on.

The premier league money far outstrips a single players worth now, so we may even start to see a bit more of a swing in the power hopefully too.

56 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

True but what is out there to suggest ayew will have his head turned? And you trust the paper more because our owner stated high ambitions? Madness. 

It is a little concerning we haven't signed many players yet , however RDM has probably asked for time to run the rule over the whole squad and make an informed decision on what to do best. I'd prefer him doing this than wasting money on a striker, RB etc. The transfer window doesn't close for over a month yet! 

Throwing money at players in the championship doesn't necessarily work. It's about building a team, a cohesive unit with the correct mentality. I really don't think we are too far away from a good team.

Ayew, Grealish, Amavi and Traore (if ever fit) have the potential to tear apart the championship. We have a good proven Championship defender, all we lack is that one experienced combative midfielder. Should we get that, then I (for the first time in many years) will be excited and fairly confident about the season ahead. 

2 hours ago, wilko154 said:

But there is something the owner can do... He can say no thanks we will keep the player.

I don't understand this whole panic about losing Ayew & Amavi, do they both have release clauses?

If, as it seems, Gana has one, I'd think it's pretty likely that all last summer's signings of similar value would have one.

pas5898, Amavi is probably at least another month away from becoming fit enough to play in the first team.

Rushing him or, Traore back from their injuries, could be a huge error. How many times has a player been rushed back after injury, only to be injured even more badly?

It's been reported by several reliable sources, that while Ayew will not actively seek a move, his ambition is to play in the premiership this coming season. Now it's being reported that West Ham may be thinking of making an offer for him. 

I like your point about us lacking an experienced combative midfielder, known to most of us as a defensive or, holding midfielder. If Gueye goes you will be right as what we'll be left with is Sanchez or, Westwood or, Tshibola and while one is vastly inexperienced, the other two would be easily overrun, especially Westwood. I was wondering if you had any idea of whom you would prefer in the spot.

I feel we do really need another right back/wingback as Bacuna is not a defender and Richards, on the evidence of last season, cannot be relied on.

3 hours ago, kurtsimonw said:

Yes, that's exactly what happened. 

But it's much more fun to just bash your own players.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, 1958Villan said:

pas5898, Amavi is probably at least another month away from becoming fit enough to play in the first team.

Rushing him or, Traore back from their injuries, could be a huge error. How many times has a player been rushed back after injury, only to be injured even more badly?

It's been reported by several reliable sources, that while Ayew will not actively seek a move, his ambition is to play in the premiership this coming season. Now it's being reported that West Ham may be thinking of making an offer for him. 

I like your point about us lacking an experienced combative midfielder, known to most of us as a defensive or, holding midfielder. If Gueye goes you will be right as what we'll be left with is Sanchez or, Westwood or, Tshibola and while one is vastly inexperienced, the other two would be easily overrun, especially Westwood. I was wondering if you had any idea of whom you would prefer in the spot.

I feel we do really need another right back/wingback as Bacuna is not a defender and Richards, on the evidence of last season, cannot be relied on.

I have not seen this. Which reliable sources are you referring to?  I have seen only that he is staying.