Transfer Speculation Summer 2016

Guest av1

41 minutes ago, dounavilla said:

West Ham chairman has been accused of dealing drugs alledgly.

Headline reads: " The ecstacy of Gold"

:unsure:sorry.

TheGoodBadUgly.gif~c200

Well played sir :thumb:

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, 1958Villan said:

Didn't Sergio Leon write the music for Clint Eastwood's 1960's trio of spaghetti westerns?

He directed. The music is by Ennio Morricone and damn it's good ^^.

• Like 4

24 minutes ago, osmark86 said:

He directed. The music is by Ennio Morricone and damn it's good ^^.

Also dead for 20 + years, but still shows more movement in the box than Gesdead.

• Like 3

Just back from 2 weeks hols without wifi.  Long catch up, but not really any news it seems.  Getting a bit twitchy now - would feel a lot more comfortable knowing we had a new striker in by now.  At the bare minimum.  

I know we like to do business quietly, but we need something to happen over the next few days.

So three managers and a takeover later and we're still basically in a state of sell to buy? :P

really think at the minute that our whole season will be decided on the opening few weeks. A run of wins and we'll be sorted for a strong season. 

My fear though is that we don't bring in a striker or do any major strengthening. If we lose a couple of games we could see the team revert to the same old story from last season. 

I'd much rather RDM and his team get a couple of players in, n then ship out the duds afterwards. If he doesn't have space in the squad surely the unwanted players agents will make their own sales pitches to clubs 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, sexbelowsound said:

Christmas Eve must be bloody horrific for some of you.

Na I'm not that bothered about Christmas :)

To be honest I can wait for a striker, I'm just hopeful it will happen sooner rather than later. 

4 minutes ago, Duck said:

really think at the minute that our whole season will be decided on the opening few weeks. A run of wins and we'll be sorted for a strong season.

Bit of stretch given there are 46 games to play!  

Anyway, the bigger factors will be what happens in the transfer window before it closes. Buy a bunch of good players and we'll be sorted for a strong season.

3 minutes ago, Gary Thomas said:

Bit of stretch given there are 46 games to play!  

Anyway, the bigger factors will be what happens in the transfer window before it closes. Buy a bunch of good players and we'll be sorted for a strong season.

I'm being a complete doom merchant I know. It's along season, but I just don't have the faith in the current team if they start off this coming season the way last season ended. I really don't think they could take another couple of poor results on the trot.

If we get a couple of strong players on I'll be happier, but they need to come in soon...

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, NIVillan said:

Do we not need to get rid of players and there overheads ie Wages to allow us to bring in new players under the more restrictive Fair Play rules in the Football League?

Doubt it.

It's probably more a case of we need to get rid of the shite we have before adding to the squad.

4 minutes ago, Folski said:

Doubt it.

It's probably more a case of we need to get rid of the shite we have before adding to the squad.

It's a bit like constipation really. It just doesn't feel right to eat any more when you can't get rid of stuff that is just sitting there doing nothing.

• Like 2

54 minutes ago, Richard said:

If not when

I'm not sure why people are treating these comments as so controversial. 

Guzan, at least, looks like he's on his way. But of the other three players listed in the post you were responding to:

• Richards - some rumours of interest from Sunderland . . . nothing concrete yet, although the signs are decent on this one IMO
  • Sinclair - clear interest from Celtic, but no bid accepted, so deal can fail either at the bidding stage or the personal terms stage yet
  • Lescott - no interest from anyone whatsoever that I'm aware of

'If, not when' is right, frankly. 

• Like 1