Transfer Speculation Summer 2016

Guest av1

3 hours ago, ROTTERDAM1982 said:

For £10m i think Dwight Gayle would be a better buy tbh.

You may get your wish-tentative link. 

http://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/aston-villa-monitor-premier-league-11440519

Aston Villa have been put on red alert after it emerged that Dwight Gayle could be available for transfer this summer. 

The 25-year-old Crystal Palace forward was used sparingly last season and will weigh up his options ahead of next term as he seeks more regular first-team action.

Villa have tracked the goal-getter in the past but decided against a move last season despite Tim Sherwood’s recommendations.

• Like 1

Dwight Gayle wouldn't be a bad signing at all, but only for 10m or less, I'm thinking about 7m...  He causes havoc to defenses when he gives a toss. We just need RDM to light the fire underneath him.

Would Lpool be willing to sell Danny Ings to us? He's coming off an ACL injury but I don't see him playing very much for them.

I've seen a lot of Aaron mooy an Aussie midfielder, he currently plays for Melbourne city, he put in a decent shift against England in the friendly, he's a decent player, scores goals an surely wouldn't break the bank, easily good enough for the championship in my opinion 

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, ferguson1 said:

Why are people so hung up over the size of a fee for Bamford or any other player?  5m, 10m or 15m.  I don't really care how much we pay for players because it is not my money and I don't mean this in a nasty or flippant kind of way.  If it's Tony's money and he's not putting the club at risk then what's the issue?  If RDM wants Bamford or any other player then quite frankly the fee doesn't interest me, I'm more interested in whether those players can improve us. 

Know what you mean mate. There's no point in us quibbling over £5m when it's not ours to start with. The only time I'd be concerned is if we only had a tiny budget and we were going to spunk it all on one player. 

If Tony's pockets are as deep as it seems then £10m for a decent striker shouldn't cause us any issues. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, 007√ said:

Dwight Gayle wouldn't be a bad signing at all, but only for 10m or less, I'm thinking about 7m...  He causes havoc to defenses when he gives a toss. We just need RDM to light the fire underneath him.

Would Lpool be willing to sell Danny Ings to us? He's coming off an ACL injury but I don't see him playing very much for them.

Ings would sooner go back to burnley than drop a league to come play for us, unless we offered him stupid wages which I assume he is already on since he is at liverpool. 

18 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

Didn't Gayle sign a new deal at Palace only a few months back.

I'd take him no problem, him and Bamford on loan would be an excellent strikerforce for the league with Gestede as back up and Plan B option. 

The paper it was signed on is only fit for toilet paper as with all football contracts. Just palace ensuring they get a fee for him. 

Edited by sparrow1988

28 minutes ago, Rodders said:

red alert eh? If the speculation changes do we have the means to efficiently switch back to blue or purple alert?

I know, red alert conjures up images of a submarine under attack. All sirens and red flashing lights with people running around all over panicking. I hardly think BMH has a transfer battle station, be cool if it did though. 

7 hours ago, nick76 said:

What's worse is Gabby, Lescott and Richards are supposedly Villa fans

Gabby was an Arsenal fan before we started paying him to play for us.  

Edited by John

1 hour ago, Rodders said:

red alert eh? If the speculation changes do we have the means to efficiently switch back to blue or purple alert?

Are you sure? That does mean changing the bulb. 

Edit: Dammit, Didnt see the vid you posted. 

Edited by GeneralJazzman
Just saw the link to the vid, I'm too slow.
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Czechlad said:

Ings would sooner go back to burnley than drop a league to come play for us, unless we offered him stupid wages which I assume he is already on since he is at liverpool. 

I'd expect if Ings were to move it would be a loan, that would suit all 3 parties.

The same Dwight Gayle who went partying it up with Gabby and Micah in Dubai a few months back?

****. NO.

I see the circumstances as slightly different. Palace weren't about to get relegated, unlike Gabby and Richards. Gayle wasn't also pictured smoking a cigar like Gabby, or caught up in online arguments with fans like Richards, as far as I'm aware.

'Player goes to Dubai in mid-season break of bog standard season', isn't anywhere near as bad as 'Player goes to Dubai in mid-season break of relegation campaign and defends himself online by saying its after a long hard season'.

10 hours ago, El-Reacho said:

Me too. But money will talk - if it costs millions to get rid of them they'll inevitably be here next season.

Even if it costs a bit to get rid of them we should do so regardless. Let them go for nothing if/when necessary, pay part of their wages. The dressing room needs a clean slate. 

So do the supporters. 

• Like 1