Steven Naismith

Zatman

How long does he have left on his contract out of interest?

I did baulk at 6-7m. Ultimately the club has been burnt so many times having to write off transfer fees and it will be difficult to see us recouping much of that if he stays here for a season or two.

Byram sounds a sensible move though, he's been linked before hasn't he? We have to be realistic of our situation so being players who have experience of that division isn't the worst move, he's a good player aswell.

9 hours ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

He's a decent player, not exactly a striker, more of an attacking midfielder, he's makes intelligent runs and has solid technique.

This.

It's annoying me that people keep calling him a striker. Somebody in the transfer thread said he didn't fit into our system.

He's not a striker. He plays attacking midfield/forward and plays off the left. Every game I've seen him play for Everton he has played off the left.

He basically plays the position Sinclair plays for us, but better.

He wouldn't be the best signing in the world but I think he'd definitely improve us. £6.5m seems a but steep to me for his age and ability, but it's January.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, useless said:

£6.5M seems a lot of money for someone who's only real quality seems to be (going by the Everton forums) his work rate and pressing. Those two things should be a given in pretty much all footballers anyway. Don't think he'd be the worst signing ever, but If we do sign him, I hope we're still targeting another striker(he might not be an out and out striker, but he'd play as part of a front three or two)  with a reputation for scoring goals, possibly a loan deal.

I'd still be surprised if we're actually after him, probably newspaper talk.

Edited by useless

Â