Steven Naismith

Zatman

28 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

Remy and Naismith are completely different players.

Naismith is NOT a centre forward.

Umm yes he is. He can play as an attacking midfield or as a forward. He's not a Gestede type of forward..  He's more like wiemann style forward. I'm just using Remy as an example of how we can get better players. Besides he said he wants to stay and fight for his place. 

Edited by KSV
  • Like 1

Remy and Naismith are completely different players.

Naismith is NOT a centre forward.

Umm yes he is. He can play as an attacking midfield or as a forward. He's not a Gestede type of forward..  He's more like wiemann style forward. I'm just using Remy as an example of how we can get better players. Besides he said he wants to stay and fight for his place. 

He's neither. No, he really isn't. He can play there in a pinch, did so for Everton when Lukaku was injured last season. But unlike Weimann it's not his natural position.

1 hour ago, KSV said:

No. He's not a centre forward. Every game for Everton this season he's played off the left.

He's as much a centre forward as Scott Sinclair is. Maybe he plays there every now and then, but that's not his position.

Fair enough if you think Remy is a better player. But I don't see the relevance of bringing him into a discussion about Naismith when they play different positions.

It would be like me saying "I don't want us to sign Toulalan, I'd rather we signed Remy". I mean it's a fair point but it's not a case of one or the other.

Edited by Stevo985

31 minutes ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

I would like Remy too please.

That's the beauty of short term loans, the money is kind of irrelevant. I am extremely disappointed we've not made more of it over the years. Particularly under Lambert.

Remy is on 80k by all accounts. So  about 2m plus fees for the end of the season.

Not sure Randolph will see it as irrelevant unfortunately.

That's the beauty of short term loans, the money is kind of irrelevant. I am extremely disappointed we've not made more of it over the years. Particularly under Lambert.

Remy is on 80k by all accounts. So  about 2m plus fees for the end of the season.

Not sure Randolph will see it as irrelevant unfortunately.

We need to win a couple of game, get us within 5/6 points and he will smell an opportunity to protect his investment. He's a businessman, he would see £2m as a sound enough gamble.

I know what you're saying though and the first part, winning games, seems like a pipe dream.

1 hour ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

During their few seasons in the top fight, SHA sadly played the loan market a treat. I think of Forssell and Dugarry, arguably kept them up single handedly.

Joining Norwich for £8m by the sound of things.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/35195533

Everton forward Steven Naismith is set to join Premier League rivals Norwich in an £8m deal next month.

The 29-year-old Scotland international has started only four league matches this season, but scored a hat-trick after coming on as a substitute against Chelsea in September.

He played 25 minutes as a substitute in the 4-3 defeat by Stoke on Monday.

In August Everton rejected a £7m bid from Norwich for Naismith, who joined the Toffees from Rangers in 2012.

He has made 103 Premier League appearances for Everton, scoring 18 goals.

Newly-promoted Norwich are three points clear of the relegation zone, with Everton six points ahead of the Canaries in 11th.

20 minutes ago, PaulC said:

Shows where we are as a club when we cant compete with Norwich. 8M might sound a lot but when you consider the tv revenue Norwich will get for keeping in the Premier League, it could be money well spent.

Yes but he's not going to keep us up and no chance would we get anything near 8m back for a player hitting 30 so he'd be another player we'd sign who we'd then make a massive loss on. We've signed too many of those players in last 6 years.

Â