Steven Naismith

Zatman

Good player, great attitude. 

Reminds me a bit of Walters. I would welcome either or both into our team.

I know Walters only recently extended his contract but if he continues to be limited to cameos I think he will look for a move with the Euros in mind.

1 hour ago, Sam3773 said:

I just read that he's buying Christmas meals for the homeless.

Seems like a nice guy who helps out those in need who are suffering and have fallen on hard times. Might come here after all.

You can only help those that are prepared to help themselves ;)

I really rate Naismith, he's the sort of player that whenever I watch Everton he seems to pop up with a really important late goal, a crucial tackle high up the pitch leading towards a big chance or something similar. It's like I forget he's a good player till I watch Everton again and he does something important for the team.

Would be very happy to sign him.

5 minutes ago, WooJung said:

I'd rather see the money spent on a main striker to replace Gestede. Naismith would just be competition for Ayew, Gil, Grealish, Adama, Sinclair. Better than most of them, sure, but I wouldn't say our priority.

Get both? If we're accepting relegation we may as well just wait til the summer.

Just now, a m ole said:

Get both? If we're accepting relegation we may as well just wait til the summer.

Get as many good players as we can. What I'm saying is, with a given budget I think the money would be better invested in players who play in other positions (striker, defensive midfielder)

18 minutes ago, WooJung said:

Get as many good players as we can. What I'm saying is, with a given budget I think the money would be better invested in players who play in other positions (striker, defensive midfielder)

I agree we should get a striker and DM, I'm only saying that if £4m is in budget for Naismith on top of that, but £6m isn't, if we're buying with intention to stay in the league what is the extra £2m? take it from next years budget. He's a pretty safe bet in my view when other players might be risks coming in from other leagues and need to be settled.

Edited by a m ole

1 hour ago, Brumstopdogs said:

Experienced, hard working, proven in English football and can score goals.

Doesn't sound like much of our squad so get him in if available please!

I do fear that some of our fans have unrealistically high expectations. 

As you say, works hard, scores goals and is very experienced, By all accounts a great professional. Are there better players out there? Of course, but I don't think there will be to many wanting to head to B6 over the next 6 weeks. 

No brainer for me, get him in. 

Rock bottom 6 points adrift and looking relegated already and still people expect big signings. If someone in the premierleague at a good club would be willing to join us purely because he isnt playing and wants to play and come here and work hard, perhaps even score some goals then i wouldn't turn my nose up at them. Infact i think we'd be lucky to get 2-3 players like that in.

Maybe the rest of the useless shithouses at the club currently would follow their lead.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, KSV said:

Yeah he won't get the goals to save us. We need better

of course we do but they wont come here, Naismith is best we can attract at moment and is better than current 1st teamers

1 hour ago, PaulC said:

Perhaps we can get Suarez . Naismith wont save us but he will improve us. 

Dont be silly. plenty of better players will come.. even if its just on a loan that are better than Naismith. Dont see why we cant improve on him. People acting like hes the only available player. Why would he come and not others?

3 minutes ago, KSV said:

Dont be silly. plenty of better players will come.. even if its just on a loan that are better than Naismith. Dont see why we cant improve on him. People acting like hes the only available player. Why would he come and not others?

who could you suggest is a better forward that is available and willing to join us?

I won't criticise his goal return, it would be like criticising Gabby's - neither has really played enough games 'up top' to use it as a stick to beat them with.

Coincidently, it's Gabby who he would possibly be replacing, and I wouldn't be against that. Quite honestly, I dont see how anyone could be.

1 hour ago, Zatman said:

who could you suggest is a better forward that is available and willing to join us?

I dont know thats not my job. I would think Remi would know a few that are far better. He is inquiring about Remy. If he wants to come then he would be a better option. Would rather get him on loan and pay his full wages than spend 6.5 million on Naismith. Now we dont know if he is interested or not.. like we dont know Naismith is interested. Its just speculation. However i am sure there are loads of strikers out there willing to join the cashcow that is the premier league. Even with a release clause.. to be in the premier league for 6 months and show what you have the way Remy did when he first came and will get snapped up by a bigger club once we go down.

Â