Steven Naismith

Zatman

25 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

Yes but he's not going to keep us up and no chance would we get anything near 8m back for a player hitting 30 so he'd be another player we'd sign who we'd then make a massive loss on. We've signed too many of those players in last 6 years.

Yes we've also gone the other way and signed a lot of young players who have had little resale value, but I agree in our circumstances and almost certain relegation then maybe not the right player, although he might be very good in the championship but there again why would he want to join a club who will be in the championship next season.

30 minutes ago, One For The Road said:

For us maybe it would be since we are certainly going down but for Norwich I think it's a good signing. If his goals keep them up then 8 million is nothing. Sadly its too late for us.

If I was Norwich I'd go all put for Austin for that money.

4 hours ago, One For The Road said:

He'd cost a lot more than 8 million tho. Probably between 12-15 I'd say. I wish we had bought Austin in July, we wouldnt been in this mess if we had.

Maybe not quite as bad but don't underestimate how shit Sherwood was - especially when it came to the defence. 

12 hours ago, PaulC said:

Yes we've also gone the other way and signed a lot of young players who have had little resale value, but I agree in our circumstances and almost certain relegation then maybe not the right player, although he might be very good in the championship but there again why would he want to join a club who will be in the championship next season.

If Amavi still has his pace when he comes back he'll rip up the championship imo so think we'd get most back for him and make a profit on Ayew. Veretout's playing alright but not sure any French club would pay what we did. Only Gana looks like someone we'd make a massive loss on.

I keep changing my mind on Naismith. I'm impressed every time I see him for Everton but I'm not how much its Everton system/movement which makes him look good. And not sure how much he will fit into villa. He's obv a hard worker which we need more of though. Can't really give a proper opinion on him tbf, seems "risky" though

14 hours ago, PaulC said:

Shows where we are as a club when we cant compete with Norwich. 8M might sound a lot but when you consider the tv revenue Norwich will get for keeping in the Premier League, it could be money well spent.

Bottom of the league, we couldn't compete with Derby County right now...

Â