The Rémi Garde thread

KJT123

53 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

So you think a top player from a club like Brighton who look like are coming up would rather exchange that for a team bottom of the league in the verge of relegation?

I think your being ridiculous and unrealistic if you really believe that

Money talks. 

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

So you think a top player from a club like Brighton who look like are coming up would rather exchange that for a team bottom of the league in the verge of relegation?

I think your being ridiculous and unrealistic if you really believe that

Any player at Brighton would jump at the chance to join Villa.  

There no point in being naive about it,  money talks and the likes of Bennett earns more than the highest paid player at Brighton.  

8 minutes ago, Villastine said:

Any player at Brighton would jump at the chance to join Villa.  

There no point in being naive about it,  money talks and the likes of Bennett earns more than the highest paid player at Brighton.  

Lets see what happens in January, money does talk but whats the point if your wages are going to drop once we are relegated as their will definitely be a relegation wage drop clause

14 hours ago, mikeyp102 said:

Where are people getting this unfounded faih in Remi from?

Yes we had a system against city, but even then they had three clear chances inside the 6 yard box. 

Against Everton we were bloody awful, there was no shape, no style of play, no cohesion. Setting to play defensively but then having Gil and Grealish in the team made no sense.

Not saying he won't become a good manager, but I just find this faith that people have in him at the moment very strange considering his recent tactics.

Because he's an actual manager, not a chancer.  It's not necessarily unfounded faith that we will suddenly turn into Barca, but faith that he will have a style at least and the players will improve within that - how much I don't know.  I'd make the same comment about Allardyce, Pearson etc.  I'm also going to give him more than 2 games before judging what he's trying to do, whatever the results.  (Unless he starts playing the team that K-Mac put out...)

8 minutes ago, Villastine said: Any player at Brighton would jump at the chance to join Villa.  

Lets see what happens in January, money does talk but whats the point if your wages are going to drop once we are relegated as their will definitely be a relegation wage drop clause

If we don't turn things around before January we'll be a lost cause.

Lets be honest about this ....If we was winning, these kind of reports would be swept under the carpet.....We are not and it requires all hands to the pump.

not a BAR pump

15 hours ago, Farlz said:

Don't agree with that. What good will it do pushing Round for assistant when Garde has already said he doesn't want him? 

This is the same club that bought a load of players not really wanted by the manager at the time. When it comes to Aston Villa never rule anything out! 

Â