The Rémi Garde thread

KJT123

24 minutes ago, YLN said:

Ten years on March 18th. Are you reserving judgment til then?

Yep hilarious, the lolz keep rolling 

I obviously mean in the context of him coming back from injury and having made one start and one brief sub appearance, who knows if Ayew hadn't been such a plum he and Gabby might have offered something, i'm quite aware how poor he has been in recent seasons but to be honest the continued criticism of him is boring now.

Edited by VillanousOne

Tactical arguments aside, the introduction of Richardson was ridiculous. He looked like a rabbit in the headlights every time the ball came near him. I would have rather brought on Clark if we were planning on sitting in and hoping for a goal from a set piece.

I'm still behind Remi, but I don't think we can overlook things that previous managers would be vilified for.

11 minutes ago, West said:

When you have fraudsters like Richardson and Sinclair on the bench, it doesn't make one hoot of difference who you bring on. 

Fair enough. But these are the same fraudsters who were at the disposal of previous managers. There is a lot wrong with our club, and I'm still behind the manager, but that does not mean he is immune from criticism.

51 minutes ago, TRO said:

we bought in 13 players And despite losing our best 4 that leaves another 9 we have just about capitulated.

its open to interpretation as to whether the summer was good or bad.

my opinion is irrelevant, make your own mind up......but I think the league position answers most of the questions.

Think you are missing the point I was trying to make or I didn't explain myself very well. And no one is denying that we let our 4 best players go but we also lost other players in the summer which ensured we needed to bring in a higher number of players to compensate. Plus if the squad is crap anyway, which it was, then would it be the case that we needed more of an invesment than originally laid out? Possibly selling other players who were not up to scratch in the summer? 

As I have said before...The signings, or at least the majority of them have most of the time been our better players this season. Have any of the players already here before the summer truly done anything this season? Because from what I have seen, other than Gil and Okore who have had decent games and contributed the rest have done nothing but cause problems, on and off the pitch.

I thought we brought in decent signings and still do with Amavi, Traore, Ayew, Gana, Veretout, Richards, and even Lescott to a degree. The first 5 will more than likely return their investment in the future and more if we keep hold of and Richards will also give us a monetary return. I was unsure about Gestede, Ilori, Bunn, Crespo and anyone else I have forgotten as I am knackered tbh but none were a huge outlay even though there was obvious waste especially with the Gestede signing as we required more pace and dynamism. The problem was/is the amount of crap we had anyway imo, in Hutton, Clark, Richardson, Guzan, Sanchez, Westwood, Gabby, NZog, Sinclair. Which amounts to approximately...the nucleus of the starting line up.

The table doesn't lie but blaming our troubles on the signings we made last summer isn't all of the picture is it? It doesn't explain lack of quality in the squad we had already, the stupidity of our previous manager earlier in the season, the idiots running the club, the one who owns it and lack of real investment. Especially in this transfer window giving us zero chance of escaping our poition. Plus had we spent all the transfer money on just 4 players we would still possibly be in this situation due to the other 20 odd players in the squad. We needed to replace far more than 4 players imo.  

I didn't say the summer was a raving success either but you just decided to pick a few words in order to make a point without looking at the real issues. I just said I didn't think it was "too bad" and that the problem lay in the lacking of certain attributes within the whole squad not neccessarily all the signings we made. But hey it's just my opinion and to be fair I cocked up myself  thinking we could finish mid to lower table. Not even contemplating relegation. How stupid!

Anyway our destiny was decided 5 years ago mate when Lerner decided he wasn't interested i his toy anymore.

I was really disappointed in his decisions today.

We go a goal down, and he changes nothing. Just stand by and watch wave after wave of West Ham pressure. Playing 4-5-0

Defending a 1-0 losing score line.

That's a first.

2 hours ago, Mantis said:

I don't think opinion of the ownership could get much lower - Garde leaving will not be good for us at all because it'll be Nigel **** Pearson who replaces him, if we're lucky.

NIgel Pearson wont take no crap though, he is the type of guy who wont be allowed near board meetings

1 hour ago, PaulC said:

Sorry but what is so great about Garde. He has managed one win in 13 games. Yes the team have improved but they never look like scoring.

not a fan of his on field performances but he has handled himself so well while dealing with the bullshit which is Aston Villa management. He has been let down big time in the window as well

• Like 1

I've just got back From West Ham , I love this club and have had a season ticket for many years! I can not continue to watch my club driven into the dirt.

Im afraid enough is enough , I'm not going any more ! We are down the only way we can make any effective noise is to boycott the ground, as much as I hate totally hate tho admit. Flags outside protests chant will not affect or distract any one at board level. Stopping the little revenue we earn on match day will.. 

I will not give the club one single more pence of my money whilst it continues to be run into the ground by this board and Learner.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Zatman said:

NIgel Pearson wont take no crap though, he is the type of guy who wont be allowed near board meetings

I don't think Pearson or any other "decent" manager would want to come to us until our fate is decided. If we do change manager, it will be in the Summer. If Garde leaves, we will need a caretaker to take us down. FWIW, I don't think Remi will leave - he seems like the kind of guy who hates failing.

47 minutes ago, West said:

When you have fraudsters like Richardson and Sinclair on the bench, it doesn't make one hoot of difference who you bring on. 

I think he put both on as a statement to the board as to the shit he is dealing with. Its a tactic Mourinho has used before

9 minutes ago, Zatman said:

I think he put both on as a statement to the board as to the shit he is dealing with. Its a tactic Mourinho has used before

Yep agree with this. Plus Gabby was knackered and needed to come off. Sinclair and Richardson were all we really had as options out wide and up front. Says it all.

Â