The Rémi Garde thread

KJT123

2 minutes ago, Genie said:

Were we cut adrift when he came? How far off safety were we when he arrived?

After his debut game against Man City we were 5 points adrift of safety. Obviously that wasn't impossible to overturn but even then we were on a very long run of poor form and unfortunately since then other teams have improved dramatically.

Edited by Mantis

17 minutes ago, gilbertoAVFC said:

How much does Lerner want for the club?

£100,000,000 divided by 100,000 is £100. Just saying.

You'd do well as the finance director for us negotiating contracts 

8 minutes ago, Mantis said:

After his debut game against Man City we were 5 points adrift of safety. Obviously that wasn't impossible to overturn but even then we were on a very long run of poor form and unfortunately since then other teams have improved dramatically.

So we've gone from 5 points adrift to 12 adrift in a very short space of time. 

We had to make a change from Tim, but I really believe we'd have more points if we'd have kept him. 

Basically -> bad appointment. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Genie said:

So we've gone from 5 points adrift to 12 adrift in a very short space of time. 

We had to make a change from Tim, but I really believe we'd have more points if we'd have kept him. 

Basically -> bad appointment. 

Yes because as I said, other teams have improved quite drastically.

What makes you think that though? We weren't winning at all under him and we were losing just as much if not more.

It's really too early to say whether this was a bad or good appointment.

Edited by Mantis
  • Like 1

I think Remi will leave within weeks if we still haven't won...I think the abuse will eventually drive him out...it won't chase our fate this season but I think it will be better for us next season.

In years to come however, should we make it back to being a comfortable Premier League team, we'll be wishing that we'd got Remi Garde as our manager again. I think he'd be successful with players of a higher ability. Too many players, like Gestede just aren't good enough for this league. Give him last seasons team, or a team from any of the last few years, with just a few better players and we'd be fine. 

To to be fair, if we had Austin, Rhodes or even Wiemann I think he'd be better as his tactics would be OK as we score more goals.

3 minutes ago, Mantis said:

What makes you think that though? We weren't winning at all under him and we were losing just as much if not more.

We won 1 league game and 2 cup games in his 14 games. 

Remi garde hasn't come close to winning anything in 10 games.

3 minutes ago, Mantis said:

Exactly, Bournemouth beat Chelsea and man Utd, Newcastle beat Liverpool and a last minute goal v Spurs when they were completely outplayed, Sunderland got given an open goal in the last minute v palace to win, and 2 of those 3 will still get relegated along with us.

1 minute ago, AVFCAM said:

I think Remi will leave within weeks if we still haven't won...I think the abuse will eventually drive him out...it won't chase our fate this season but I think it will be better for us next season.

In years to come however, should we make it back to being a comfortable Premier League team, we'll be wishing that we'd got Remi Garde as our manager again. I think he'd be successful with players of a higher ability. Too many players, like Gestede just aren't good enough for this league. Give him last seasons team, or a team from any of the last few years, with just a few better players and we'd be fine. 

To to be fair, if we had Austin, Rhodes or even Wiemann I think he'd be better as his tactics would be OK as we score more goals.

I remember this time last season when people were saying Ings and Austin weren't good enough for us on here. Part of the problem. Delusions of grandeur evaporated now at least.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Mantis said:

We have not improved to a standard to where it have got a single win.

2 minutes ago, Mantis said:

surely a win percentage of 0.00% indicates that this was a bad appointment. He cannot get the best out of the players in the squad

• Like 3

Just now, Reivax_Villa said:

We have not improved to a standard to where it have got a single win.

surely a win percentage of 0.00% indicates that this was a bad appointment. He cannot get the best out of the players in the squad

Not when the win percentage in the league when he joined was just 9%, with the solitary win coming in the first game of the season.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Mantis said:

Not when the win percentage in the league when he joined was just 9%, with the solitary win coming in the first game of the season.

Tim got wins against Small Heath and Notts County in the cup too.

Thank god for that win against the knuckle draggers.

5 minutes ago, Genie said:

Tim got wins against Small Heath and Notts County in the cup too.

Thank god for that win against the knuckle draggers.

I'd rather we'd lost 5 nil and not be marooned at the bottom of the league 10 odd points adrift...

Beating Blues really provides little positivity in our situation, if anything, using it as a positive makes us look a bit small time

1 minute ago, mwj said:

Who **** cares about the **** win % or anything else this season for **** sake. We are down and need a rebuild. Remi is the man for that job.

It's this that I just cannot fathom, what has Remi Garde done at Villa or anywhere else to allow you to so confidently declare he is the man to rebuild our squad in the Championship?  

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Mantis said:

I'm surprised at the amount of abuse he's getting actually when everybody recognises that the entire club is so rotten. It's pathetic really. How many sackings will it take for people to realise?

I've come to believe this. Remi was furious today on the touch line, that this team kept losing the ball under no pressure to league 2 quality.

Just now, AVFCAM said:

I'd rather we'd lost 5 nil and not be marooned at the bottom of the league 10 odd points adrift...

Beating Blues really provides little positivity in our situation, if anything, using it as a positive makes us look a bit small time

Maybe we could swap the cup win for a extra point in the league :lol:

You missed the point, we were shit under Tim but we've managed to find another level if shitness since we sacked him. A win against the local rivals is always welcome whoever you are. 

• Like 1

Â