The Rémi Garde thread

KJT123

Just now, Genie said:

Maybe we could swap the cup win for a extra point in the league :lol:

You missed the point, we were shit under Tim but we've managed to find another level if shitness since we sacked him. A win against the local rivals is always welcome whoever you are. 

You're absolutely right, we have got worse. Tim had 3 wins (albeit in a few more games), now we have zero. 

I've just got a bit bored of people walking round saying "at least we beat the Blues" like it makes everything better...

2 minutes ago, Genie said:

Maybe we could swap the cup win for a extra point in the league :lol:

You missed the point, we were shit under Tim but we've managed to find another level if shitness since we sacked him. A win against the local rivals is always welcome whoever you are. 

No we haven't - we were this bad under Sherwood.

Just now, AVFCAM said:

I've just got a bit bored of people walking round saying "at least we beat the Blues" like it makes everything better...

Working with what we've got unfortunately. It seems to do the trick of shutting them up.

Who **** cares about the **** win % or anything else this season for **** sake. We are down and need a rebuild. Remi is the man for that job.

It's this that I just cannot fathom, what has Remi Garde done at Villa or anywhere else to allow you to so confidently declare he is the man to rebuild our squad in the Championship?  

His experience developing youth players. If we're going to root and branch the squad we may as well do it properly with kids.

I don't want Moyes, Pulis, Allardyce or any of these other boring picks

9 minutes ago, mwj said:

Who **** cares about the **** win % or anything else this season for **** sake. We are down and need a rebuild. Remi is the man for that job.

Not sure what you're suggesting, that even after January and until the end of this entire season we continue our current form under this manager he is hte right man to pull us out of the Championship?  I'm going to guess I'm reading this wrong, because that is just utter nonsense.

4 minutes ago, Mantis said:

14 games? Where are you getting that from?

The fixture list....

Actually it's 13 games because he wasn't in charge for the spurs loss when Remi was in the stands.

So 3 wins in 13 games = 23%

Edited by Genie

2 minutes ago, Genie said:

The fixture list....

Actually it's 13 games because he wasn't in charge for the spurs loss when Remi was in the stands.

So 3 wins in 13 games = 23%

But you're counting cup games. Without them it's just 9% and that win was on the first game of the season.

And of course, the fact that the diabolical run under Sherwood preceded Garde's arrival undoubtedly made it even more difficult for him.

Edited by Mantis

We are as good as down changing manager again won't help us ,we need a bit of continuity moving forward the squad needs rebuilding and it has to be done with championship in mind.I am disappointed that there hasn't been a bounce since Garde arrived but that's not necessarily his fault ,we have a keeper defence and strike force that aren't up to PL standards none of these players are his he needs to be given a chance to build his own team before we write him off.

You also have to factor Sherwood had them when confidence was normal and a full pre season. Garde has taken over with the side down in the dumps. We needed experience. Was a shocking appointment 

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Mantis said:

But you're counting cup games. Without them it's just 9% and that win was on the first game of the season.

And of course, the fact that the diabolical run under Sherwood preceded Garde's arrival undoubtedly made it even more difficult for him.

A win is a win, and as they say winning becomes a habit.

If it makes you happier to filter them out then it's up to you I guess. I was just making the point that in my opinion with us tasting victory now and again under Tim we'd be better off in the league keeping him than swapping him for RG.

Ive never seen and new manager come into a club to take over from a bad one , be worse and people let him off because it was shite before he joined so it seems to be acceptable that it's  still shite! Presumably he was brought in to be better than sherwood and get more out of the team. A ew manager is never going to have 100% his own players but he is expected to have managerial ability to get the best out of the players he has. There're is no improvement , we are further behind. If it is acceptable that it's as shit as Sherwood we may have just stuck with Sherwood 

see if Sherwood was shite (and he was) because the performances were bad and the performances are just as bad now then equally you have to judge Garde as shite . Or else if you are happy with Garde now you should have been happy with Sherwood then !

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Genie said:

A win is a win, and as they say winning becomes a habit.

If it makes you happier to filter them out then it's up to you I guess. I was just making the point that in my opinion with us tasting victory now and again under Tim we'd be better off in the league keeping him than swapping him for RG.

It's not about it "making me happier", it's about trying to fairly compare two different periods which is difficult enough as it is when you consider all the factors.

Fact is, we were doing diabolical under Sherwood and although Garde hasn't really made it better he hasn't really made it worse either.

Â