The Rémi Garde thread

KJT123

The facts are very simple.

owner doesn't give a flying f@@@@k

the squad is void of any quality due to poor investment over the past 5 years.

we are bottom and will go down because we are very very pooh.

But  I will still come back pay my money and shout and scream in the hope of entertainment and the club some yank he doesn't give a flying f@@@k continues to des mantle and destroy!!!!!!!!!

UTV

Just out of interest, what is the basis either in statistics, logic (or preferably both) for making any sort of comparison based on the last three games?

To show that on recent form we aren't the worse team in the league, showing that there has been some improvement lately. We have been ranked bottom for a while when it comes to point won, so in my opinion it shows Garde is improving things slowly. This is related to points not performance, because we are still awful to watch.

Not enough to save us from relegation, but improvement no the less.

Perhaps I didn't make my point brutally enough.

I'm not obsessive enough to check this out but I suspect your argument only holds if you look at the last three games, so that is an entirely arbitrary time period designed solely to "prove" your point. Would the same thing apply over four games, for example?

There is no basis in stats or logic to choose 3 games, a small enough sample to make the results almost certainly meaningless. It would perhaps make some sense to choose 6 games, i.e. the number Garde has been in charge at Villa. That would place us at 19th, scrapping it out in the bottom 3 with two clubs (Swansea and Southampton) who are currently on utterly dreadful runs of form. That maybe doesn't look quite so rosy?

I sympathise with him considering the squad he has to work with and the situation he came in to but I'd hoped he would have a go more often in games as we need to win games. That Newcastle game was there for the taking and we were crying out for fresh legs, we nearly lost it in the end as we ran out of steam in the last 10 minutes, why not bring on 2 of Adama, gil or Grealish while we were on top and go for the win? I feel this philosophy Garde has shown in every game bar Watford is not the right approach and will be the main factor in us being relegated, maybe he is just trying to get to January and bring in some better quality players before feeling confident enough in his players to really go for it in games we need to win.

3 hours ago, Blasterpocket68 said:

will still come back pay my money and shout and scream in the hope of entertainment and the club some yank he doesn't give a flying f@@@k continues to des mantle and destroy!!!!!!!!!

UTV

Takeover bid by Des Mantle? What's your source? 

• Like 1

Exactly what changes has Garde made that some of you have seen on the pitch?

To me we are playing exactly how we did under Sherewood with the exact same type of results.

Cant defend, pick defensive lineups, exclude our attacking players, freeze out Kozak even though our strikers are misfiring.

He was extremely naive against Newcastle, anybody and everybody knew it was a must win. We were on top for a good 20minutes yet Garde is stood there arms folded just watching. Now a top manager would of bought on Gil and Traore or Grealish. Granted 2 of those are not in form but they are more likely to score or create than Sanchez and Gueye ffs.

Ive seen nothing yet that makes me think Garde is the right man.

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, YGabbana said:

Exactly what changes has Garde made that some of you have seen on the pitch?

To me we are playing exactly how we did under Sherewood with the exact same type of results.

Cant defend, pick defensive lineups, exclude our attacking players, freeze out Kozak even though our strikers are misfiring.

He was extremely naive against Newcastle, anybody and everybody knew it was a must win. We were on top for a good 20minutes yet Garde is stood there arms folded just watching. Now a top manager would of bought on Gil and Traore or Grealish. Granted 2 of those are not in form but they are more likely to score or create than Sanchez and Gueye ffs.

Ive seen nothing yet that makes me think Garde is the right man.

I totally disagree about bringing on Gil or Grealish, we needed solidity in the midfield and with either of those two on it may have created more chances but as in the past may have left more openings and thus may have led to Newcastle taking back over the midfield.  Therefore rather than naive I thought it was good management.  The fact we then didnt score in the end was down to the quality upfront not midfield. Gueye and Sanchez gave us solidity and defence, and I agree will never create chances and was the right thing to do, losing that defensive midfield would've really opened us up.

8 hours ago, VillaCas said:

None of this is Garde's fault.

Gotta stop you right there, absolute baloney.  Managers always carry some of the blame, and I'm sick of managers who don't stand up and be counted as part of the problem.  Garde, luckily, doesn't seem like one of those - I'm sure he recognises its his sole responsibility to get these players firing.

Sherwood would have gone for it in that situation on Saturday and probably lost, like he did against several teams.

Slow and steady progress is the key, we're not going to make a quantum leap. It will be too late to save us this season but as long as he's putting in solid building blocks for the futurethen I'm happy.

The mistake was giving that joker sherwood free reign with millions at a massive club with zero experience...but thats done now

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, StefanAVFC said:

or do the same people moaning, praise him for having a go?

we have no other choice now but to give it a go, we are too far from safety now

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, KHV said:

We were so disorganised under Sherwood and trying to give it a go then and losing every week.

You can't just give it a go when the players have no structure. That's what he is trying to give us.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, KHV said:

We go for it every game.

We lose a lot because we still haven't developed any defensive solidarity (which Remi is trying to do)

We finish with less points than Derby.

Then what?

Thats exactly how I see it Nick. It wasn't  as if we weren't creating without any of those 3 on the pitch. We haven't (quite) reached the stage where we need to go all out for wins yet. That said, we need to get 10 from somewhere.

Yes, after all playing a relagation rival and being 10points from safety with only half a seasin to play.

No, we've not reached the stage where we have to go all out for the win.

1 minute ago, StefanAVFC said:

We go for it every game.

We lose a lot because we still haven't developed any defensive solidarity (which Remi is trying to do)

We finish with less points than Derby.

Then what?

Then it's the same outcome if we don't give it a go and try and hang on for draws against teams that we should be trying to beat, we get relegated.

Newcastle were there for the taking at 1-1, opportunity missed IMO

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, sexbelowsound said:

We were so disorganised under Sherwood and trying to give it a go then and losing every week.

You can't just give it a go when the players have no structure. That's what he is trying to give us.

There is a big difference between making a change at 1-1 when a team is reeling and there for the taking and what Sherwood was doing

Â