The Rémi Garde thread

KJT123

I like him. I think Richards and Okore can prove to be a great partnership and hopefully we can add a midfielder because Gana has been very subpar so far, and of course we need another striker. I think we will start seeing some wins soon. Still think we are going down, but if Garde is the manager for us next season, I like our chances. 

I think he's doing OK. Shame he wasn't here from the start, its like trying to get out a swamp.

We were dreadful first half but it was so clearly down to belief and confidence.

Very encouraged by the character he slowly seems to be developing in the side.

Two things we need above all, and he has no control over them, luck and a goalkeeper.

• Like 1

I don't think we'll know much about Garde until he gets a proper chance to build his team, that's provided he's allowed to properly do so of course. Draws against City, and away at Saints & Newcastle are decent results in reality if it wasn't for the fact we are 10 points adrift i'd be quite pleased with them. It's our home form which concerns me most however. We are shocking at VP and have been for years. If Garde can somehow make us strong at home then he'll go a long way to solving our problems. It won't be with the current squad however in my opinion.

So the next 10/11 games are the so called winnable games then and we'l see what he's made of. 

If will Fail to win 5/6 from that lot then IMO Relegation will be confirmed at Man City away on 05/03/2016.

I'm with Martin Keown on this one. It is all about next season. What we want is to gradually start building something, so that by the end of the season we have a style of playing, we know what we are about and we can give it a good crack at getting out of the Championship first time around.

Garde has walked into a very difficult situation and I like his composure. He doesn't seem ruffled and has dealt with problems such as Grealish incident and the Gabby/Nzogs in a calm, efficient manner. Doesn't seem fazed at all.

What I hope (and I suspect he does too) is that we stay in touch at least mathematically for as long as possible, that we continue to fight and progress is made. 

• Like 2

The stem of shit has to be stopped somewhere, and if that starts with a draw at Newcastle then so be it.  Better than a loss.

An inspired better 2nd half performance, if he can turn that into 90 mins then half the battle be won.

9 hours ago, Zatman said:

1st half was probably the worst game of season and I mean the entire league. 2nd half we showed fight and got a good goal but I think Newcastle were happy with a 1-0 and stopped playing

Have you noticed how we only start to play well when we're losing? It's very bizarre. 

49 minutes ago, Didiersix said:

I'm with Martin Keown on this one. It is all about next season. What we want is to gradually start building something, so that by the end of the season we have a style of playing, we know what we are about and we can give it a good crack at getting out of the Championship first time around.

Garde has walked into a very difficult situation and I like his composure. He doesn't seem ruffled and has dealt with problems such as Grealish incident and the Gabby/Nzogs in a calm, efficient manner. Doesn't seem fazed at all.

What I hope (and I suspect he does too) is that we stay in touch at least mathematically for as long as possible, that we continue to fight and progress is made. 

It's really not though, it's all about staying in this league. Let's not be arrogant enough to think we can immediately bounce back up.

7 hours ago, briny_ear said:

Not really sure how getting 3 points from 18 can be desribed as doing "OK".

I really don't know either, it's a diabolical return, not getting three points from the Watford and Newcastle games really will prove to be fatal IMO. Garde is not doing a good or even OK job thus far, he has a hell of a lot to do and we're now 10 points adrift. 

1 minute ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

It's really not though, it's all about staying in this league. Let's not be arrogant enough to think we can immediately bounce back up.

I don't think anyone is being arrogant. But if we start being somewhere near competitive in the Premier League we would at least stand a chance in the Championship. Fully recognise it is a very tough league to get out of.

57 minutes ago, Neil said:

An inspired better 2nd half performance, if he can turn that into 90 mins then half the battle be won.

It was an improved performance but inspired? Come off it. The first 25 minutes of the half we attacked them, and should have got a second goal. However we then allowed them to get back in to the game.

1 hour ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

To think we can immediately bounce back up isn't arrogant at all. On the other hand, to completely discount the possibility of coming straight back up is simply defeatist delusion.

Of course we can bounce back up, but it will take a lot of work.

11 minutes ago, lexicon said:

Echoes of Houllier here. Small incremental change that some either don't want to see or can't and as a result are criticising the manager. 

There's definitely something there and this is the right direction for the club IMO - it's long term, granted, and it might take a relegation for it to come together but I'd take that for a modern style of football. You can keep your brash rocket polisher banter merchants, we need a bit of continental style to drag us into the 21st century.

What improvements did Houllier make from the season before? 

I love the idea that if you don't see improvements there's something wrong with you. Such arrogance. 

• Like 1

I don't rate Gestede at all but I think he needs to play in the coming weeks to give us a focal point up front. I have no idea why Sinclair is continuously picked, he is atrocious.

I think Garde is slowly but surely finding his best team, and second half yesterday we actually looked like a team with a plan. I would've liked to have seen Adama come on for 5 minutes but I can understand why Remi didn't want to. 

West Ham at home will be a really tough game, they are a better away side and are capable of hitting us on the break. But this is a game we really need to win, let's hope the crowd gets behind the boys.

21 minutes ago, lexicon said:

Echoes of Houllier here. Small incremental change that some either don't want to see or can't and as a result are criticising the manager. 

There's definitely something there and this is the right direction for the club IMO - it's long term, granted, and it might take a relegation for it to come together but I'd take that for a modern style of football. You can keep your brash rocket polisher banter merchants, we need a bit of continental style to drag us into the 21st century.

The proverbial nail on the head . Take a bow lexicon .

• Like 2

Â