The Rémi Garde thread

KJT123

26 minutes ago, Tomaszk said:

I like Remi, and I think I he could be a good manager for us in time.

But if he starts Gestede tomorrow ahead of Gil or Traore he's being a real Tim and making silly decisions.

That does not make sense. Different positions.

2 minutes ago, AntrimBlack said:

That does not make sense. Different positions.

Unless he means drop gestede for traore or gil and have a front 3 of sinclair - ayew - traore/gil ??

5 minutes ago, a m ole said:

It might be that he picks Gestede because he thinks Ayew is more effective wide than up top. It wouldn't be my decision but I can sort of understand why he might given our options.

Gestede offers nothing at all, he barely moves for a start

6 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

I've seen enough from Garde to suggest he's slowly turning the ship. 

No, they can't be worse. But the risk is that what you're doing stops any improvement you're about to make.

• Personally, I wouldn't say he's turning the ship.....I would say he is addressing the issues other managers should have addressed.....only when results change for the better will i say he is turning the ship....but that just my take on it.
  • Thats to assume there is improvement to make, its not like Mourinho's situation where they have just come off the back of a premiership league win and rocking the boat maybe risky.....I would say right now with us there is more chance of no improvement.....NOT rocking the boat.....quite frankly I would lean towards the boat having a shark jump in it.
  • I welcome Remi's approach of telling a few home truths even if they are a bit veiled at the moment.
  • Its all very well pussy footing around players when they are delivering performances.....When they are not, I don't see what there is to lose.
  • We have been sitting on the fence for c 5years.

PS ......We are going down, even some unconventional work/approach may be worth a shot.

17 minutes ago, powell91 said:
it already feels like the damage is done this season and that we should really all take a step back and just let garde do what he has got to do and mould his own team and philosophy this team is screaming for an identity other than being a shit laughing stock.

That is also my view....Let him get on with it.

He can't really fail, he hasn't caused all of this.

He has said all the right things but it hasn't looked good at all on the pitch, very poor start, no where near enough points gained and seemingly no 'new manager effect' that we were all hoping for. 

Failure to get three points this weekend will be, in my opinion, unforgivable. There's absolutely no excuses for not winning this weekend, if Garde is any cop, he will get the job done Saturday, like our rivals are doing.

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, simont123 said:

What happens if we play well vs Newcastle but them give away 2 sloppy goals and lose?  Surely can't be any managers fault?

i just can't understand why our players dont do the basics right.  

Quite simple really

1. They are shite

or

2. The training is shite

or

3. They have no confidence or motivation

• Like 2

I think Garde is doing th best he can with the players currently available and we would all agree that this could be better. Once January has gone and we have hopefully improved in a few positions it will be a lot fairer to judge him on match day selections. He has also had a horrible opening run of fixtures and I doubt any manager would have picked up a huge amount of points. January will be key.

4 hours ago, powell91 said:
it already feels like the damage is done this season and that we should really all take a step back and just let garde do what he has got to do and mould his own team and philosophy this team is screaming for an identity other than being a shit laughing stock.

Couldn't agree more. Not only did he inherit a squad that lacks quality in key areas, also add that Chris Waddle taking a key penalty has more confidence than our players right now and your not left with much to work with.

While we all hope for a miracle up there with the parting of the Red Sea, it was unrealistic to expect an immediate turn in fortunes, given the situation he inherited.

He has said all the right things but it hasn't looked good at all on the pitch, very poor start, no where near enough points gained and seemingly no 'new manager effect' that we were all hoping for. 

Failure to get three points this weekend will be, in my opinion, unforgivable. There's absolutely no excuses for not winning this weekend, if Garde is any cop, he will get the job done Saturday, like our rivals are doing.

So Klopp and Pochettino can't be up to much as they both lost to Newcastle...

2 weeks ago this would have been a game between 2 struggling sides ,not its one struggling side against a team with 2 wins in a row.

Quite simple really

1. They are shite

or

2. The training is shite

or

3. They have no confidence or motivation

Combination of all 3

Combination of 1 & 3. How do any of us know how good the training is? Also, even if the training was amazing, how much can you effect a player's natural ability and confidence in 6 weeks training?

Number 2 just seemed like a needless dig at something we don't know a lot about.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Nabby said:

2 weeks ago this would have been a game between 2 struggling sides ,not its one struggling side against a team with 2 wins in a row.

Come on man, that is not going to wash at all if we pathetically loss today.

I won't back today's result is something to hang our manager out to dry.  But at the same time in not having that pathetic excuse.

Massive day for Garde, if we go down with a whimper at Newcastle then serious doubts have to be raised as to whether he was a good appointment. My heart is hoping for a positive result, my head says we will get hammered

Â