The Rémi Garde thread

KJT123

I don't really care about nzogbia or gabby, but its always a risk to make things like this public with how the rest of the squad react. 

When Sherwood did it I initially thought fair play but I don't think it ended up having a good effect. 

14 hours ago, Woodytom said:

Yes but my point is that players are let back into the real world by fans who pussy foot around them. 

Used to work with a real madrid fan. Used to say that if certain players dont perform then the crowd would boo.

For instance he went to a game once where they won 2-0. Brazilian ronaldo came off having not scored to a round of boos because he had not 

Now I'm not saying that is the way to go about it as it's a bit extreme, but our players, especially, have been encouraged and encouraged and encouraged by us. Supported to the hilt. And they STILL deliver utter shit. 

About time we start making them feel the pressure coz we sure as hell don't hold back when it's the manager.

In my eyes, footballers want the real world when it suits them. Loads of money, fame flash cars etc until it's nye and Rio ferdinand decides he wants to tell the world how tough he has it over nye as he has a game on nyd. Or until they're struggling for results and want the crowd to help them out.

Sick of them. There's a little but of jealousy in there il admit. Motivated by money myself and Id love to have been a footballer.

But, WE, as a nation in fact, have got to stop worshipping them and tell them a few home truths. Because the vast majority of them at villa are nothing short of a disgrace. 

Well said!!!!

14 hours ago, Woodytom said:

Yes but my point is that players are let back into the real world by fans who pussy foot around them. 

Used to work with a real madrid fan. Used to say that if certain players dont perform then the crowd would boo.

For instance he went to a game once where they won 2-0. Brazilian ronaldo came off having not scored to a round of boos because he had not 

Now I'm not saying that is the way to go about it as it's a bit extreme, but our players, especially, have been encouraged and encouraged and encouraged by us. Supported to the hilt. And they STILL deliver utter shit. 

About time we start making them feel the pressure coz we sure as hell don't hold back when it's the manager.

In my eyes, footballers want the real world when it suits them. Loads of money, fame flash cars etc until it's nye and Rio ferdinand decides he wants to tell the world how tough he has it over nye as he has a game on nyd. Or until they're struggling for results and want the crowd to help them out.

Sick of them. There's a little but of jealousy in there il admit. Motivated by money myself and Id love to have been a footballer.

But, WE, as a nation in fact, have got to stop worshipping them and tell them a few home truths. Because the vast majority of them at villa are nothing short of a disgrace. 

Right on.

Edited by rodders0223

Whilst I appreciate the sentiment in @Woodytom post and agree with it for the most part in practice it just isn't feasible. At the end of the day booing them isn't going to make them think "Hang on a minute, I've been a bit shit here according to the fans, better pull my finger out". The vast majority of players are mercenaries and if/when we go down if they don't want to be here they will be gone.

Booing might make us feel better but as a method of encouragement to help keep us in the Premier League it just won't work for the vast majority of players and especially not ours.

8 minutes ago, sexbelowsound said:

Whilst I appreciate the sentiment in @Woodytom post and agree with it for the most part in practice it just isn't feasible. At the end of the day booing them isn't going to make them think "Hang on a minute, I've been a bit shit here according to the fans, better pull my finger out". The vast majority of players are mercenaries and if/when we go down if they don't want to be here they will be gone.

Booing might make us feel better but as a method of encouragement to help keep us in the Premier League it just won't work for the vast majority of players and especially not ours.

This was my point. Woody is right, a lot of the players are a disgrace.

But there's not much we as fans can do about that. 

Just now, Stevo985 said:

This was my point. Woody is right, a lot of the players are a disgrace.

But there's not much we as fans can do about that. 

Yep and I am the kind of person that wouldn't want to pussy foot around them and boo them loudly so they can hear just how ashamed of them I am.

However we have to weigh up what is more important here. Potential survival or acceptance of relegation and venting of anger because booing will not equate to the former happening.

13 minutes ago, sexbelowsound said:

Well then boo to make ourselves feel better, because the players sure as shit, are not giving us anything else to feel good about.

6 minutes ago, jon_c said:

Well then boo to make ourselves feel better, because the players sure as shit, are not giving us anything else to feel good about.

Does booing honestly make you feel better? For the brief moment that you do it i'm sure it does but if the outcome is still a loss and still relegation how much better are you actually feeling considering the vast majority of players probably couldn't give two **** what you think.

We can either have success together or they can have success and we can suffer. That's really the only two options that I can see.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, DCJonah said:

I don't really care about nzogbia or gabby, but its always a risk to make things like this public with how the rest of the squad react. 

When Sherwood did it I initially thought fair play but I don't think it ended up having a good effect. 

The thing about being on a 15-game winless run is that essentially nothing is a 'risk'. What, actually, is the risk? Because they sure as hell can't get worse results than they're currently managing. 

• Like 1

Just now, HanoiVillan said:

The thing about being on a 15-game winless run is that essentially nothing is a 'risk'. What, actually, is the risk? Because they sure as hell can't get worse results than they're currently managing. 

Well the risk is obviously that things don't imrove.

I've seen enough from Garde to suggest he's slowly turning the ship. I don't think it will come soon enough to save our season, but I do think it will happen (although as I keep saying we'll have a much better idea of how true that is in a few games' time).

The "risk" is that Garde ruins all of that and we stay as shit as we have been so far.

It's akin to being homeless for a year, then finally getting a job interview and saying "I'm going to turn up to the interview naked. There's no risk as things can't be worse than they've been the past year!"

No, they can't be worse. But the risk is that what you're doing stops any improvement you're about to make.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

Well the risk is obviously that things don't imrove.

I've seen enough from Garde to suggest he's slowly turning the ship. I don't think it will come soon enough to save our season, but I do think it will happen (although as I keep saying we'll have a much better idea of how true that is in a few games' time).

The "risk" is that Garde ruins all of that and we stay as shit as we have been so far.

It's akin to being homeless for a year, then finally getting a job interview and saying "I'm going to turn up to the interview naked. There's no risk as things can't be worse than they've been the past year!"

No, they can't be worse. But the risk is that what you're doing stops any improvement you're about to make.

I just can't agree. Currently, we're going down. Either we stage a miracle recovery, or we go down. I don't really care how many points we get, once we beat Derby's record low, because relegation is relegation. As I say, at this point there's no risk. Your best-case scenario is that he helps stage a recovery that's too late anyway, and that these comments jeopardise our too-late recovery. I'm sorry, but you'll have to forgive me for not being impressed by the gravity of the threat. 

Sunderland famously have a bolshy, player-led dressing room where the players managed to get Di Canio sacked after he tried to professionalise them. I'm aware that players can be complete shits, and we probably have a few ourselves. But the things that Sunderland's players do, is win just enough games to stay within theoretical touching distance of safety so that it's always tantalisingly within reach. Our players have missed a trick with their laziness - they've gone too far and now there's no plausible negative consequences to giving them the stick. 

4 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

I just can't agree. Currently, we're going down. Either we stage a miracle recovery, or we go down. I don't really care how many points we get, once we beat Derby's record low, because relegation is relegation. As I say, at this point there's no risk. Your best-case scenario is that he helps stage a recovery that's too late anyway, and that these comments jeopardise our too-late recovery. I'm sorry, but you'll have to forgive me for not being impressed by the gravity of the threat. 

Sunderland famously have a bolshy, player-led dressing room where the players managed to get Di Canio sacked after he tried to professionalise them. I'm aware that players can be complete shits, and we probably have a few ourselves. But the things that Sunderland's players do, is win just enough games to stay within theoretical touching distance of safety so that it's always tantalisingly within reach. Our players have missed a trick with their laziness - they've gone too far and now there's no plausible negative consequences to giving them the stick. 

I don't really care about the comments. I've already said they're nothing, just the media trying to find something that's not there.

I was just addressing the view that there is no risk in our current position.

Just because we're at the bottom doesn't mean there is no risk. Stopping things getting better is a risk.

Good luck with finding another club for N'Zogbia boss. Previous managers have tried and failed to do that.

I am happy he has pointed out what we all knew namely that Gabby is not doing enough. Will Gabby now roll his sleeves up and try to give a bit back to the club on the field at a time when we so need it or will he shrug his shoulders, sit out his contract and count his money?     

3 minutes ago, John said:

Good luck with finding another club for N'Zogbia boss. Previous managers have tried and failed to do that.

He doesn't need to. Contract is up at the end of the season.

Â