Ratings & Reactions: Tottenham v Villa

limpid

Match Polls  

79 members have voted

1. 1. Manager's Performance

2. 2. Refereeing Performance

I'm in absolute disbelief that Sherwood/KMac could not identify that  most of the players they were fielding should have been nowhere near the starting XI. Got to the point where it doesn't even annoy me when we lose as its just the norm. Hope to God this Garde is as good as expected. Play the flair players, go for it, please Villa

• Like 1

It's actually incredible that all of us Villa fans know who our best players are, but thus far this year our 'managers' have failed week in, week out to field an XI containing them. Are we actually all mental or were Sherwood/KMac genuinely that underqualified haha?

Edited by GreavesAV
  • Like 1

Team going forward has to be

Guzan

Hutton Richards Okore amavi

Sanchez Gana

Traore Veretout Gil

Ayew

Guzan

Bacuna Richards Okore amavi

Traore Veretout Gana Gil

Ayew Gestede

for me... And I've just noticed that Guzan is the only similarity to the starting team v Spurs, with Bacuna moved.

Edited by CrackpotForeigner

We certainly need to get some of our younger and more promising summer signings playing regularly and well or we are well and truly **** this season.

IMHO we are well and truly **** whatever happens but I'm open to Remi proving me too pessimistic.

• Like 1

Mike Dean was not celebrating the goal.  He was being a dick.   When you play a big advantage and the player scores it is a good feeling.  You know you made the right call.   Running around with your arms up for more than a few seconds is just trying to be sure you get seen (and match assessor gives you credit for the good advantage.  The "fist pump" wasn't a fist pump, it was exaggerated pointing to the center circle.   Again, he was overly full of himself having played a good advantage.  Just shows he is a pompous dick.   The assessor should dock him for lack of awareness about what he was unintentionally, appearing to communicate.

Having said that, I made a similar great advantage call once, made the call simply, quietly....I preferred to be the invisible referee.... But on this occasion, before the kick off, I made certain to walk by the player who scored (a name you would recognize if I told you) and quietly said "I get the assist on that one."  he smiled and nodded.   I understand mike dean's feeling excited about the nice advantage, but his self-consumed display was juvenile.

while I'm at it.  His letting play continue while a player had a clear head injury was unacceptable.  A direct violation of FIFA and FA policy.  He should get a flogging for that.  

• Like 3

It was a little unusual, but I didn't see any fist pump, he was just pointing (maybe a bit enthusiastically) towards Spurs to signal whose goal it was

It was after that, when he got back to the centre circle. Definitely pumping his fist. He was probably just damn pleased with himself for playing the advantage, but it's still rather unprofessional. 

• Like 1

Westwood- powder puff.  No balls, no fight, I think he is everything that is wrong with the spineless defeats that have infected our team. I can't understand those defending him tonight,  He took a bit of a forearm to the face and he's off, I've seen much worse clash of heads and players stay on.  I played rugby to a decent level, and have played on with a broken nose (across my face) and after being nocked out etc.  Warriors don't leave the pitch, for having a bang in the face.  Hes done for me and can leave as far as I'm concerned.

This is just ridiculously unfair.

The lad was clearly out of it with the way he couldn't stand up without doctor's holding him FFS.

I think you'll find in rugby that if there's any hint of a potential concussion, they take them off for precautionary reasons so you're wrong. If you played after being knocked out then you're unbelievably stupid

That's the problem though, real players that will fight for the team wouldn't have gone off, just shook it off cleared your head and carried on.  You can't seriously believe that was a heavy knock?  He wasn't knocked out, not even a broken nose, it was half a forearm swung backwards, no elbow or fist.    I think he has nice ability, he just doesn't have any positive effect on the team,  I'm sure I've said this before, but he's not a defensive midfielder, so he should be contributing something offensively..... What is that contribution?  What is more damning is that Bacuna is no CM and he didn't look any worse than Westwood.

• Like 1

as a squad.. its terrible,i think were looking for hope

the laughing from sky boys on gabby was a ray of light,how will gabby react? with a goal? not a chance,gabby is a key to the decline.

im not going to point the finger at westwood "knock" of guzan etc,i give up with doing that now,

RG has a huge task .

this set of players does not have 40 points in it,thats the long & short

Team going forward has to be

Guzan

Hutton Richards Okore amavi

Sanchez Gana

Traore Veretout Gil

Ayew

for now, I would start gestede and put ayew in traore's spot. Weak links are Guzan and gestede in that team, but with a bit of confidence that team should pick up points 

Westwood- powder puff.  No balls, no fight, I think he is everything that is wrong with the spineless defeats that have infected our team. I can't understand those defending him tonight,  He took a bit of a forearm to the face and he's off, I've seen much worse clash of heads and players stay on.  I played rugby to a decent level, and have played on with a broken nose (across my face) and after being nocked out etc.  Warriors don't leave the pitch, for having a bang in the face.  Hes done for me and can leave as far as I'm concerned.

This is just ridiculously unfair.

The lad was clearly out of it with the way he couldn't stand up without doctor's holding him FFS.

I think you'll find in rugby that if there's any hint of a potential concussion, they take them off for precautionary reasons so you're wrong. If you played after being knocked out then you're unbelievably stupid

That's the problem though, real players that will fight for the team wouldn't have gone off, just shook it off cleared your head and carried on.  You can't seriously believe that was a heavy knock?  He wasn't knocked out, not even a broken nose, it was half a forearm swung backwards, no elbow or fist.    I think he has nice ability, he just doesn't have any positive effect on the team,  I'm sure I've said this before, but he's not a defensive midfielder, so he should be contributing something offensively..... What is that contribution?  What is more damning is that Bacuna is no CM and he didn't look any worse than Westwood.

With respect :)  I simply cannot agree, head injuries and players safety has to be more important than some sort of stoic refusal to accept that people are human beings. You can never tell with head injuries, they can be very serious but seem innocuous. I don't remember another example of Westwood going off because he's a 'powderpuff'.

• Like 1

I don't blame Westwood for coming off last night but he is a lightweight and the issue there is ALL our midfielders are lightweight ..... almost to the point of embarrassment. Players like Grealish simply don't know how to tackle or even challenge for the ball so you've got to have some tough, grafting ball winners out there and we don't have any !

Poor result, but just a chink of light. We have some decent players.

You still can't convince me that we aren't good enough to stay up.

Sort that defence out and we'll be fine.

I agree mate, I saw some fight there yesterday and for the first time this season we actually applied pressure. Ok spurs scored a 3rd but that wa slikely to happen when we were going for a equaliser which we could have. For me goes to show that both sherwood and mcdonald have absolutely no clue about good players.

Gil and Ayew were fantastic yesterday yet neither starts many games. meanwhile someone Grealish and Gabby plays and does nothing (like most of the season) and plays. garde is going to shalke it up i hope and this could only benefit us I think

It was intimated in the commentary that Westwood was willing to come on but the physios wouldnt let him. Duty of care and all that. I did initially think that bringing Ayew on for him was an odd sub but it kind of nearly worked out.

KM saying that Gabby was only taken off because he had a knock further compounded my view that he aint much of a football manager

If you think missing from the starting line up was Gil, Ayew, Gestede, Veretout, Amavi, Gana, Traore, Crespo, Richards & Illori then you realise that K Mac put out the biggest load of shit he could find because I tell you now those players that were missing are far better and would have put on a better show.

I have a very low opinion of KMac's judgement per sa.

This is quite another example of the poor decision making of the club.....I wouldn't have him anywhere near the first team.

• Like 2