Ratings & Reactions: Tottenham v Villa

limpid

Match Polls  

79 members have voted

1. 1. Manager's Performance

2. 2. Refereeing Performance

The pundits were laughing at us ......and i think Gary Neville actually likes us....but we have become a laughing stock....some of the decisions to leave players on as long as we do are laughable.....and some of the protection of some of our players is laughable.

i wish Remi all of the best....but this team is going down.

Potentially we have some of the best attacking midfielders we have ever had. 

Adama Gill Grealish

Ayew

Why oh why are these 4 never played together ffs.

A new striker and a new GK is a MUST. A new CM depending on how Veretout progresses also is a must. If we get those 3 and play our best players we stay up.

• Like 1

The pundits were laughing at us ......and i think Gary Neville actually likes us....but we have become a laughing stock....some of the decisions to leave players on as long as we do are laughable.....and some of the protection of some of our players is laughable.

i wish Remi all of the best....but this team is going down.

He (Neville) said in a recent interview that he has 'tremendous like and fondness' for us.

Sanchez was bad? Like **** was he, one of our best starting players  far to much flamming going on , Ayew should start and Grealish needs a break, Gill was a star and Rudy caused problems.

Second half score 1-1, the rebuild starts let's see if Remi sees what I see .

TKO on Westwood was a bit special , let the side down mate man up ffs ...........

• Like 1

The performance for the first 75 minutes was a joke, a mixture of overpaid, lazy, unfit, bereft of confidence and just generally poor players jogging around without any system or togetherness.

It beggars belief that Jordan Ayew and especially Carles Gil were on the bench. I think nearly everyone on VT would have had them in the starting 11 (and said so before kick off), so why the **** can't men who have been in the professional game for many years not see that?! Gil changed the match and at least tried to play football and Ayew had some nice runs and shots. Hutton was the only one in the starting line up that looked like he was a footballer and that he cared. Those three are nailed on in the starting line up for Garde. All other places are up for grabs.

Gabby Agbonlahor just sums up Aston Villa for the past five years. Unfit, lazy, limited and not an ounce of a football brain. His time was over so long ago yet he seems like an integral part of the team. Who's to say he's not a part of the huge mental issue at the club? There must be something to that.

Garde really does have an impossible job. He seemed very calm and collected the whole time and obviously he must know that he is going in to a volcano of absolute shit but it would a miracle if he makes this team actually play football or manages to save us from relegation.

• Like 4

Gabby Agbonlahor just sums up Aston Villa for the past five years. Unfit, lazy, limited and not an ounce of a football brain. His time was over so long ago yet he seems like an integral part of the team. Who's to say he's not a part of the huge mental issue at the club? There must be something to that.

Been thinking this ever since he was linked to Arsenal for £15m in one of MON's seasons. I believe he is a big part of the reason there seems to be a psychological problem at the club

• Like 3

just seen a video of Mike Dean celebrating Louis Saha scoring for Utd against Arsenal before with a comment saying that in 12 matches he referred, Arsenal had won only once. The word removed has previous, apparently Arsenal petitioned against him ever taking over their games after the Costa Gabriel fiasco.

Apparently you can elbow a player across his nose in full view of the referee, and play on.

Incredible.

It's disgusting, really. The fist pumping after their opener was really quite shocking, too. 

I didn't catch that, anyone have a gif?

https://vine.co/v/e3xZuMJwwTl

• Like 1

Hard to be disappointed when there's zero expectation. Grealish was pony and needs to be dropped. Gabby non existant as per usual. 

Gil has to start and Ayew looked lively. Until we get a decent striker we'll struggle. Where the hell is Adama??

It was a little unusual, but I didn't see any fist pump, he was just pointing (maybe a bit enthusiastically) towards Spurs to signal whose goal it was

I don't think there is much wrong with pointing stuff, but the way he runs towards Dembele and effectively celebrates with him is extremely odd. I can't wrap my mind around it all, and I don't think I've ever seen a ref run alongside a player to the byline after scoring before unless it was to issue a card. Crazy. 

Westwood- powder puff.  No balls, no fight, I think he is everything that is wrong with the spineless defeats that have infected our team. I can't understand those defending him tonight,  He took a bit of a forearm to the face and he's off, I've seen much worse clash of heads and players stay on.  I played rugby to a decent level, and have played on with a broken nose (across my face) and after being nocked out etc.  Warriors don't leave the pitch, for having a bang in the face.  Hes done for me and can leave as far as I'm concerned.

This is just ridiculously unfair.

The lad was clearly out of it with the way he couldn't stand up without doctor's holding him FFS.

I think you'll find in rugby that if there's any hint of a potential concussion, they take them off for precautionary reasons so you're wrong. If you played after being knocked out then you're unbelievably stupid.

• Like 3

The pundits were laughing at us ......and i think Gary Neville actually likes us....but we have become a laughing stock....some of the decisions to leave players on as long as we do are laughable.....and some of the protection of some of our players is laughable.i wish Remi all of the best....but this team is going down.

He (Neville) said in a recent interview that he has 'tremendous like and fondness' for us.

If u had 15 years of strolling around villa park and getting 3 points wouldn't you have a fondness too

• Like 1