Ratings & Reactions: Tottenham v Villa

limpid

Match Polls  

79 members have voted

1. 1. Manager's Performance

2. 2. Refereeing Performance

Potentially we have some of the best attacking midfielders we have ever had. 

Adama Gill Grealish

Ayew

Why oh why are these 4 never played together ffs.

A new striker and a new GK is a MUST. A new CM depending on how Veretout progresses also is a must. If we get those 3 and play our best players we stay up.

You dont think a centre half is a must with our defence? Glad you are not the manager!!!!!

• Like 2

Potentially we have some of the best attacking midfielders we have ever had. Adama Gill Grealish

Ayew

Why oh why are these 4 never played together ffs.

A new striker and a new GK is a MUST. A new CM depending on how Veretout progresses also is a must. If we get those 3 and play our best players we stay up.

You dont think a centre half is a must with our defence? Glad you are not the manager!!!!!

GK RB CBS×2 are the main priorities

Not sure why Guzan didn't get any flack, nutmegged for first is not terrific, a change needed here I think.

Kmac has some credit in the bank, but frankly he was pretty insolent in his selection and comments. It back fired and made him look a bitter fool, for me he should move on, looks hard work for management.

As Neville pointed out very shrewdly, our defence are mugs, a decent defensive coach is a must.

i don't think we have a place for Westwood, he is undoubtedly talented enough but would prosper in a more technical team, we need some energy, blood and guts. It's a pity Joey Barton is such a bellend, he would add some bite and drive to our team.

Good game for Garde to watch, the recovery we need glimmered briefly, glad Gil and Ayew took their chance. I reckon if we feed Ayew he will get plenty of goals.

Edited by thunderball
  • Like 1

Hindsight is fine.

KMac's Team selection comments.

GK Guzan - You can see how every defender/Midfielder shits themselves when he goes to kick/clear the ball or a cross/corner comes in.

But for the 2 really bad freekicks both would have gone in if on target. he was so nervous bouncing about on his line.

1st shot goes through his legs.

No longer good enough - a liability. Give the shirt to Bunn, buy/loan new Keeper in January

WRONG - only option is Bunn but worth a try, maybe his distribution is better.

RB Hutton - Gives his all, but not good enough to make an attacking run/cross worthwhile. Left Clark exposed.

Bacuna could have been the option.

CORRECT - Not much KMac could do about Richards unavailability. Richards should be moved to RB whether he likes it or not. We are in the Shit and need solutions to the probems

LB Richardson - Causes too much uncertainty, is too slow, can't perform for 90 mins, can't pass, dribble or win ariel duels.

WRONG - Amavi is the one for this position

CB Right Clark - One really has to be brain dead to play him on the right side especially with Hutton often going awol and Lescott to his left.

I felt sorry for him as he can perform alongside Okore and is always willing to give his all.

Not strong enough against Dembele on 1st goal.

Was following his instinct to be on the left side of defence for 3rd goal

WRONG - In order Okore - Crespo - Senderos

CB Left Lescott - Simply past it, Distribution limited to long hoofs

Weak header away leading to second goal

WRONG - Clark (alongside Okore) till we buy

Defensive unit - WRONG - Hutton should just defend, Clark was out of position and left exposed, Lescott should never wear the shirt again, Richardson is no LB and not even a PL player should never wear the shirt again. 3 Selections wrong out of 4. The 1 understable selection (Hutton) given wrong instructions.

Should be - Richards + Okore/Crespo + Clark + Amavi

MF Bacuna - Played out of position, Gave his all

WRONG - Vertout, Gardner or Gana are better options

MF Sanchez - Gives his all for 60 mins then he's shot. Should always be subbed on 55/60mins

CORRECT - (Wrong not to sub him)

MF Westwood - Somehow he's not one or the other so is mostly out of position as DM or halfway man. Should be an option as sub for Sanchez and never be allowed to take Freekicks or corners

WRONG - Vertout, Gardner or Gana are better options

Midfield Unit - WRONG - 2 from 3 out of Position the one he got right he didn't sub on 55/60mins. No defined roles or system that work

Should be - Vertout + Sanchez + Gana (as a 3 man MF) - Bacuna/Adama + Sanchez + Gana + Sinclair/Grealish (as a 4 man MF)

Forward LW Sinclair - often had 2 and sometimes 3 to beat, knew he needn't bother looking for help as Richardson hardly ever made himself available

Felt sorry for him

CORRECT - Would prefer an on-form Grealish

Forward AMF Grealish - Too much is expected of him. Needs talent and experience around him to benefit the team fully.

WRONG - Gil came on and showed him how its done. Prefer Gil atm

Forward CF Gabby - a joke of a player. Lost what he had, pace, was all he had anyway. should never wear the shirt again.

WRONG - Ayew, Gestede, Kozak (?) or even Sinclair better options

Forward Unit - WRONG - 2 out of 3 wrong selections

Should be - Out of (in order) Ayew, Gil, Grealish, Sinclair, Adama.

Basically KMac got 8 out of 10 Outfield players selections wrong. Was "forced" into 2 subs Ayew & Gil who made a difference. To many on VT obvious starters, but it seems the Football Pro's know better than we fans do.

......or maybe I and many others are just wrong and we should just pay for the pleasure of the spectacle and stick to our day jobs........

The pundits were laughing at us ......and i think Gary Neville actually likes us....but we have become a laughing stock....some of the decisions to leave players on as long as we do are laughable.....and some of the protection of some of our players is laughable.

i wish Remi all of the best....but this team is going down.

As an avid football watcher and lifelong Villa fan that was unacceptable at half time at Sky. To openly laugh at us like that no matter how warranted was poor form although I agree that Neville was making a point out of exasperation at our performance with an inexplicable starting 11. An all time low for us so only way is up. I think we have many good players who need to play week in week out, especially Gill.

Gabby Agbonlahor just sums up Aston Villa for the past five years. Unfit, lazy, limited and not an ounce of a football brain. His time was over so long ago yet he seems like an integral part of the team. Who's to say he's not a part of the huge mental issue at the club? There must be something to that.

Been thinking this ever since he was linked to Arsenal for £15m in one of MON's seasons. I believe he is a big part of the reason there seems to be a psychological problem at the club

This ! 1 million percent this !! He only had pace and now he's losing that. Football brain ? Any kind of brain at all - I doubt ?! I've always described him as a sprinter who plays football, or sometimes tries to. I dont buy in to this "he's a villa fan, you GOTTA play him !" rubbish. Grealish too.....ok, he's a lot younger but I've heard from one particularly reliable source (european cup winning centre half KM) that he's already going around acting bertie big b0ll0x, an attitude so typical these days of those who have done nothing in the game yet. We are in a scrap, a dog fight, one we might just fail to win this time & we can't have brain dead Gabby or will o' the wisp Jack skipping around on the pitch too often. We need to win ugly. Leicester did it, Sunderland did it. We need to get rid of our soft underbelly especially at home and grow a pair.