Ratings & Reactions: Tottenham v Villa

limpid

Match Polls  

79 members have voted

1. 1. Manager's Performance

2. 2. Refereeing Performance

Apparently you can elbow a player across his nose in full view of the referee, and play on.

Incredible.

It's disgusting, really. The fist pumping after their opener was really quite shocking, too. 

Of those it was Sanchez who annoyed me most tonight - far too casual on the ball

thought Gil showed Jack how to be incisive on the ball and it took him less than 2 minutes to do so

Ayew was direct which at times will frustrate but other times lead to something positive 

Lets see who Garde goes with now - think we've all been baffled by Tim and Kevin's team selections so let's hope we don't feel one nil down before a balls been kicked 

We have good players, they're just all on the bench.

Don't get me wrong, we by no means have world beaters, but a decent squad for Remi to work with to get us off the floor.

• Like 1

Apparently you can elbow a player across his nose in full view of the referee, and play on.

Incredible.

It's disgusting, really. The fist pumping after their opener was really quite shocking, too. 

I didn't catch that, anyone have a gif?

Grealish's 15 minutes looks like its over

Finally........the lad has great potential but the expectations of the fans is way too high. Yes he has some silky skills but is passing is woeful and far too often he runs into blind alleys. Added to that his defending was and still very much is.....awful.

Edited by Harry

Incredible.

I didn't catch that, anyone have a gif?

I second this motion.

That refereeing performance was awful. Team was poor, but the officials made it harder again.

Gary Neville talking about the position of our defenders , wrong side of their men,when dembele 

turned Clarke.....he described it as under 14s wouldn't do this and he is right.

Remi has some job on his hands.

the positions we take up are woeful.

Garde looked pretty grim faced watching that and I would bet there are a few players on the pitch tonight who will never seriously feature for us again.Gabby is stealing his wages with week in week out with his disinterested and laboured performances. Richardson is a very poor left back chiefly as he has no pace, all the more galling with Amavi on the bench. Grealish needs an extended rum in the U21s to get him to play with some conviction. Bacuna is NOT a central midfielder. Clark is trying really hard to prove to everyone he is shite. We simply cannot rely on pumping balls into Gestede. I could go on.

Funnily enough I think Garde will sort it out as I think he will make all the tough calls necessary and we will see completely different starting line ups and tactics.

Vive le revolution Francais!!!

Edited by Harry
  • Like 2

Absolute turd from everyone. Hutton,Richardson,Clark,Sanchez and gabby in particular. Gabby should not be starting game. That statement is years overdue. Hutton n Richardson offered nothing. Clark had his pants down the first half. Sanchez was useless second half.

k.mac but have been on the pop to pick that team. Please do not let him near the caretaker role again. I'd rather pick names out a hat

For much of the game I thought it was one of the worst and most frustrating performances I have ever seen - truly shocking.  The 10min spell when Gill and Ayew were on gives us some hope.  I would like to see Amavi, Gueye, Veretout, Gil and Ayew given a propper run.......

Edited by Gary Thomas
  • Like 1

I was excited this afternoon and thought another loss wouldn't phase me. It didn't really.  What really has boiled my piss is that team selection.  There is no way anyone can say that's our best side. It has been picked to make some sort of point and they are **** with our club to score points. 

Not acceptable.  Kevin should be shown the door immediately - that was disgusting.  There really is something rotton in the club  if this can go on.  Randy watching that would see £50m chucked down the shitter

The only tiny glimmer of hope is that it shows remi who not to ever pick again. 

Awful night. 

• Like 1

There once was a man named Gabby
who was fast but but his touch was just shabby
He used to play well
and with the team he would gel
now that's gone and he's better to sell.

There once was a man named Gil
who was good and had plenty of skill
Second half he would play,the fans would dismay
How such a player was just kept away. 

There once was a man named Richardson.....

The End.

(Stolen from Facebook)