Villa Kit 2016/7

Frank Raphael

10 hours ago, limvillian said:

My problem is with the home, I really hate the way lads go around with polo T's and shirts buttoned up to the very last it looks so chavy now we are going to have to look at it on a football shirt as well. If the collar is left open it probably wont look too bad.

My thoughts exactly. I like it, but I can't help but think of chavs 'dressing up' to go on the lash when I see that collar.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Phumfeinz said:

I'm still not overly fond of it, but agree that the small changes have made it a lot better.

There's still plenty I'd change. But I think it's a nice crest now. Not amazing, but nice.

but will the asian and american markets that its aimed it think that?

they dont give a **** what people who are signed up to a villa message board, have season tickets and buy shirts think, they've already got us

they care about what the marketing company they hired told them an 11 year old kid in malaysia thinks about the badge

Edited by villa4europe

1 hour ago, sexbelowsound said:

I very much doubt any of the clowns associated with the revamp of the badge thought about the opinions of little Harris in Malaysia. 

My wife calls me that. 

• Like 4

The thing about sports marketing is that it's dumb to have a cool logo to try to attract kids or new support.

You attract kids and new support by being successful and having exciting players etc.

Sports branding should be pretty much 100% about shoring up your existing supporter base and turning casual fans into supporters who part with their money and live and die for the club. Don't try to be all things to all people. Be the best example of your club that you can be.

• Like 2

Â