Villa Kit 2016/7

Frank Raphael

8 hours ago, BOF said:

That away is just horrible. I don't want to overstate it with a few jars on me but I could use far stronger language. Thankfully the home is just nummy nums.

It looks like a Championship level club's away shirt.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, limvillian said:

My problem is with the home, I really hate the way lads go around with polo T's and shirts buttoned up to the very last it looks so chavy now we are going to have to look at it on a football shirt as well. If the collar is left open it probably wont look too bad.

Shirts buttoned all the way up is cool.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, useless said:

There's way too much sponsor on the shirt. Two lines of writing and a logo. I don't buy them myself, but I think for people that do, they should have the option of buying the shirt without the advertising, or even one with Acorns instead.

The idea of sponsoring a team is that you get your logo on their jersey. This gives you exposure on television and turns the 1000's (or millions in the case of the bigger clubs) of fans who buy the replica kit into walking billboards for your company. What your proposing goes against the whole idea of sponsoring a team's kit.  

I like the away kit, it looks nice. The home kit is a bit too plain for my tastes but might be nice.

Edited by villa89

1 minute ago, The Villa View said:

Pleased to say these images were from us, our presenter Matt tweeted them out from his personal account and our account on Twitter. These are 100% the kits, the images going around came from us.

Well done. 

11 minutes ago, The Villa View said:

Pleased to say these images were from us, our presenter Matt tweeted them out from his personal account and our account on Twitter. These are 100% the kits, the images going around came from us.

The photos of the posters look like they were taken from inside the club shop. Was it one of you that took the photos too?

I think you can tell that the club gets a big input on the kits.

In recent years our home kits have always been pretty traditional, and the away kits have often been a throwback to a previous kit.

Whereas Spurs, even though they're UA too, always have a bit more "creative" design. But fwiw, I prefer our approach. The new Spurs one is crap.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, useless said:

There's way too much sponsor on the shirt. Two lines of writing and a logo. I don't buy them myself, but I think for people that do, they should have the option of buying the shirt without the advertising, or even one with Acorns instead.

I agree that would be great. But there is absolutely zero chance of it ever happening.

I don't have a problem with the size of the sponsors, but the sponsor on the away top being in black looks wrong to me. It should have been in claret, or there should have been more black on the shirt so it ties in.

1 minute ago, Rob182 said:

I don't have a problem with the size of the sponsors, but the sponsor on the away top being in black looks wrong to me. It should have been in claret, or there should have been more black on the shirt so it ties in.

It's the decision of the sponsor. 

6 minutes ago, Rob182 said:

The photos of the posters look like they were taken from inside the club shop. Was it one of you that took the photos too?

Taken by us specifically, no. They were sent to us by a source we obviously won't name. They were either taken in the club shop, or the New St store though. Personally I can't remember which of those it is.

Just now, Stevo985 said:

It's the decision of the sponsor. 

Surely there's some sort of discussion though?

Having it in claret wouldn't mean you couldn't see the sponsor. I know the dafabet logo on a previous shirt had the sponsor in white to match an away kit (or something like that, I can't remember exactly), instead of their usual gold/yellow colour logo.

Just now, Rob182 said:

Surely there's some sort of discussion though?

Having it in claret wouldn't mean you couldn't see the sponsor. I know the dafabet logo on a previous shirt had the sponsor in white to match an away kit (or something like that, I can't remember exactly), instead of their usual gold/yellow colour logo.

Dunno. I remember somebody  ( @NurembergVillan maybe?) pointing out a few years back the colour of the logo is totally up to the sponsor. it's why we had the FXPro logo in colour on the black shirt even though it looked shit.

No idea if there is a discussion, but my guess would be the sponsor sees the shirt and then decides how the logo would stand out best.

I imagien they give almost no consideration to how it looks compared to the rest of the kit. Just if it stands out enough.

11 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

I think you can tell that the club gets a big input on the kits.

In recent years our home kits have always been pretty traditional, and the away kits have often been a throwback to a previous kit.

Whereas Spurs, even though they're UA too, always have a bit more "creative" design. But fwiw, I prefer our approach. The new Spurs one is crap.

How many ways can you go wild with Black and white though?:trollface:

Â