Villa Kit 2016/7

Frank Raphael

2 hours ago, ThunderPower_14 said:

The thing about sports marketing is that it's dumb to have a cool logo to try to attract kids or new support.

You attract kids and new support by being successful and having exciting players etc.

Sports branding should be pretty much 100% about shoring up your existing supporter base and turning casual fans into supporters who part with their money and live and die for the club. Don't try to be all things to all people. Be the best example of your club that you can be.

Don't you think existing supporters also want a brand which looks good and they can be proud of? We are the internal customers, and the most important! A majority of us would agree that the badge is and has been absolutely gash. Even though admittedly the alterations have made it slightly better.

33 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Don't you think existing supporters also want a brand which looks good and they can be proud of? We are the internal customers, and the most important! A majority of us would agree that the badge is and has been absolutely gash. Even though admittedly the alterations have made it slightly better.

Oh I totally agree. You look after your die-hards first and foremost. If your die-hards get disaffected (as we began to under Lerner), your club can die. Casual fans will always come and go with success.

I absolutely think the badge could be improved, but I definitely prefer it after the recent modification. The embroidered lion is much more fierce and has a lot more character, and while i'd prefer an updated badge using the more classic Villa lion shape from the round badge, i'm content overall for now.

hrdgOyO.png

That's a lion that screams Aston Villa to me, I like it a lot more than our recent lions, but definitely the embroidered lion is the best since. The window dressing around the lion needs to be fixed and AVFC needs to be swapped out for Aston Villa, but the lion is the key and the current lion isn't too bad.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, ThunderPower_14 said:

Oh I totally agree. You look after your die-hards first and foremost. If your die-hards get disaffected (as we began to under Lerner), your club can die. Casual fans will always come and go with success.

I absolutely think the badge could be improved, but I definitely prefer it after the recent modification. The embroidered lion is much more fierce and has a lot more character, and while i'd prefer an updated badge using the more classic Villa lion shape from the round badge, i'm content overall for now.

hrdgOyO.png

That's a lion that screams Aston Villa to me, I like it a lot more than our recent lions, but definitely the embroidered lion is the best since. The window dressing around the lion needs to be fixed and AVFC needs to be swapped out for Aston Villa, but the lion is the key and the current lion isn't too bad.

Oh those were the days when I used to try and re-create the Villa badge on 'Pro evolution soccer' :D

38 minutes ago, It's Your Round said:

Here's hoping West Midlands Village can get 3pts at South Yorkshire Blues! We won't worry too much about the badge then. 

Ah, a Pro Evo throwback. Before they actaully got the rights to call players and teams their real names.

how i met your mother barney stinson

• Like 1

11 hours ago, ThunderPower_14 said:

AVFC needs to be swapped out for Aston Villa, but the lion is the key and the current lion isn't too bad.

With an international owner, trying to crack a market that doesn't use the Roman alphabet, I can't see us returning to "Aston Villa" on the crest any time soon. If it was the other way around, would it be easier to recognise 阿維 or 阿斯頓 維拉? (crudely translated by google).

Just putting out there, IMO we'll never have "Aston Villa" on the crest again as the reason "Prepared" was removed (or at least one reason) was that it made shrinking the badge down difficult. The size of the letters just gets too small to comprehend so I think staying as AVFC makes a lot of sense.

8 minutes ago, JPAngel said:

Just putting out there, IMO we'll never have "Aston Villa" on the crest again as the reason "Prepared" was removed (or at least one reason) was that it made shrinking the badge down difficult. The size of the letters just gets too small to comprehend so I think staying as AVFC makes a lot of sense.

What about all the other clubs such as MANCHESTER UNITED, MANCHESTER CITY, TOTTENHAM HOTSPUR etc. Poor excuse for me, none of those clubs suffer from identity identification problems. If they are efficient with the design they can find a way to balance it. Our name is shorter than alot of other clubs.

3 hours ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

What about all the other clubs such as MANCHESTER UNITED, MANCHESTER CITY, TOTTENHAM HOTSPUR etc. Poor excuse for me, none of those clubs suffer from identity identification problems. If they are efficient with the design they can find a way to balance it. Our name is shorter than alot of other clubs.

spurs have gone to just the cockerel, Utd don't need any marketing help and I'll be surprised if they change their badge anytime soon, interestingly city have gone back to the round badge they had in the 90s for this season

you look at most badge redesigns and they are dumbing them down, Spurs, arsenals, west hams, Man City, ours

36 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

spurs have gone to just the cockerel, Utd don't need any marketing help and I'll be surprised if they change their badge anytime soon, interestingly city have gone back to the round badge they had in the 90s for this season

you look at most badge redesigns and they are dumbing them down, Spurs, arsenals, west hams, Man City, ours

This is also illustrated by Sheffield Wednesday's crest. Looks like it was designed by the winner of a junior school competition.

Sorry, can't post a picture. For some reason every screen shot or image I find lately is too big!!

image.jpeg

Edited by It's Your Round
Apparently I was up to my limit for attachments. Deleted and it's working now.

15 hours ago, ThunderPower_14 said:

hrdgOyO.png

I like that lion but I think the worst thing about our badge now (and I reiterate that I actually think the changes have made it better) is the blue background. It's the right blue, but it's too washed out to take up that much space. 

I'm not sure if a claret background instead would work. I'm not sure what the solution would be. But I don't like the blue background.

• Like 2

I seriously think we should just incorporate more claret in general, since we insist on the colours we may as well at least try to stand out from all the other Clarets ffs. Claret shorts, socks etc, with Blue and gold accents etc. Would prefer to resemble Roma than Burnley or Scunthorpe, would prefer to resemble a Unique ASTON VILLA than any other club at all!

CloZXXoWkAAxjVK.jpg:large

• Like 2

7 hours ago, gaffmaster said:

With an international owner, trying to crack a market that doesn't use the Roman alphabet, I can't see us returning to "Aston Villa" on the crest any time soon. If it was the other way around, would it be easier to recognise 阿維 or 阿斯頓 維拉? (crudely translated by google).

Well, as an english speaker, I cannot recognise either of those, so what makes you think a chinese speaker would recognise AVFC rather than Aston Villa.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, JPAngel said:

Round badge, Aston at the top, Villa at the bottom, a proper lion in the middle. Shrinking is not difficult.

• Like 4

Â