Transfer Speculation January 2016

Marka Ragnos

So why don't you like people using the term "black"?!! [emoji6]

(still no signings)

It's all about context really.

There's this IT guy we work with called Tom. Tom also happens to be black. If I was describing him to somebody I would use his name first, then his role, saving the fact that he's black for moments of necessity, for example if the person I am describing him to knows more than one IT guy called Tom.

Truth is, I know nothing else about Tom on a personal level. Tom is of ordinary appearance, so nothing else there of use. I don't think Tom has an issue with being innocently described as black, it's not a question I'm about to ask him. If he does I'd probably question why. I'd imagine him to be upset if I went around describing him as black Tom because that has a connotation attached to it dating back to a time when that would be used in a negative sense.

Ultimately I think anyone who takes umbrage at the use of skin colour in a neutrally descriptive sense needs to have a word with themselves. IMO of course.

Still no signings?

10 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Got to be f*cing kidding, as if we just scouted for all of our rivals ffs.

Unless that's the plan.

Scout dreadful players and get other people to waste money on them, making them worse teams in the process!

19 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Got to be f*cing kidding, as if we just scouted for all of our rivals ffs.

I'd be surprised if other clubs took scouting tips from Aston Villa to be fair given how much dross we have signed over the last few seasons

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

That was Jessie. Lisa was the black girl (sorry Dem).

She now looks like this

vorhies-now-web.jpg

I don't understand your point, but Jesus what the hellos happened to Lisa???

Edited by Demitri_C