Transfer Speculation January 2016

Marka Ragnos

So the mirror report something negative and apparently it's gospel. Even though time and time again the uk press are shown to know eff  all what goes on at villa. But because it's negative it  is taken as fact. 

Any excuse to have a pop even without substance by some. 

• Like 1

So the mirror report something negative and apparently it's gospel. Even though time and time again the uk press are shown to know eff  all what goes on at villa. But because it's negative it  is taken as fact. 

Would you bet against it?

I've not seen the article, but the mirror are generally spot on when it comes to us because Nursey.

Maybe Garde told them back me properly or I walk. A few suggestions in the papers today he is frustrated by the lack of transfers, Bryce from The Sun claims he could even walk. That seems more plausible which has sent them in panic mode. I find it hard to believe Garde wouldn't have atleast got one player in by now if he wasn't restricted in some way.

4 minutes ago, thabucks said:

It's not just the mirror it's every paper including Birmingham Mail.

I can't imagine Garde would have signed up for this if he was told there was no money for transfers available. To be honest I'm beginning to wonder what he was told to make him think this was a wise career move.

11 days into January and no movement to me suggests that we're dragging our feet, as per usual.

3 minutes ago, sexbelowsound said:

I can't imagine Garde would have signed up for this if he was told there was no money for transfers available. To be honest I'm beginning to wonder what he was told to make him think this was a wise career move.

11 days into January and no movement to me suggests that we're dragging our feet, as per usual.

I imagine he was told there was...and no there isn't. Typical Randy.

33 minutes ago, thabucks said:

EDIT.

Edited by rodders0223

I could say some people are sticking their head in the sand or covering their ears and singing lalalalalalala refusing to accept the evidence of how this club has been run.

we are a total shambles a complete mess and much like an alcoholic we need to accept that before we can move on

Debuchy seems like a good idea but the priority surely needs to be the attack.

Defensive errors are so costly for us because we struggle so badly to score goals. We can play the ball nicely into the final third but when we're left with Sinclair, Hutton, Richardson or Bacuna to actually create something there it all falls to shite. 

• Like 1

I remember someone saying on here in the summer that so many new signings would be either a spectacular failure or a massive success. We know the result, now.

However, adding more players to the mix might not help us at the moment. Our January loans up to this point, in previous years, have been woeful. 

Frankly, though, the players we have at the moment have shown very little so what else can we do? Bring new players in: morale drops in those who came in the summer and it signals an admission of failure of the summer transfer policy. Don't bring any in and the fans and the management feel they aren't being supported by the board.

This is a window where we need to build for next season, as well as get players in on loan who might spare some of our blushes this year. The former is the priority, though. 

I'm more concerned about what kind of bonkers clauses the board will add into any new players' contracts. Any deals like Kozak's (which presumably has some kind of 'pay Lazio extra money if he plays x games') will be disastrous. These policies are tying the manager's hands before the players even come in. 

Edited by KevinRichardsonsMoustache

1 hour ago, sexbelowsound said:

My guess would be he was told there would be, but now that we're in an unsaveable position, the board have decided it would be money wasted.

I can understand that to an extent, but we need signings anyway, even just to give us a solid base for promotion next season.

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, Wainy316 said:

Maybe absolutely nobody wants to join us. If I wasn't a Villa fan I wouldn't.

This was exactly what I was thinking on Saturday night. Why would any sane person want to join this mess, I would think twice, and I am a Villa Fan. I cannot see us being an attractive prospect to any player that is half decent.

I should imagine we're struggling to sign the calibre of player Garde is targeting too, which I don't think he will have anticipated, because he thought he'd get us higher up the table.

In terms of player, they'll probably have offers from better teams, so why choose Villa? Unless it's a 6 month loan or an up and coming player from the lower leagues in this country, I don't see it happening because we're relegation certainties.

1 hour ago, lexicon said:

Debuchy seems like a good idea but the priority surely needs to be the attack.

Defensive errors are so costly for us because we struggle so badly to score goals. We can play the ball nicely into the final third but when we're left with Sinclair, Hutton, Richardson or Bacuna to actually create something there it all falls to shite. 

Debuchy is better than what we have but he has been injured for the last 18 months, not played at all much for Arsenal.

And a Right back isn't going to turn us into a winning machine...he was a regular the season Newcastle finished 16th for example.