Transfer Speculation January 2016

Marka Ragnos

Would appear we are struggling to attract people this window. Mandana, Debuchy and Remy all look like non starters.

Who in their right mind would join us?

Someone with a mental health certificate lol!

Rumours of Gabby going to West Brom...

If they're willing to stump up money for him then we should take it.

As for signing players - I feel something must be happening if we're looking to cancel the contracts/loans of Illori, N'Zogbia, Senderos and Cole (already left!), selling Gabby and potentially Kozak and loaning out Gardner.

That's potentially 6 squad positions made available (Senderos hasn't been registered this season) but doubt we'll sign 6 players.

A couple of shrewd loans and a possible permanent for next season is the most I expect.

Looking at the Debuchy rumours, that strangely co-incide with Garde mentioning Richards possibly playing RB, I don't think the player (Debuchy) is up for a loan here at all.

10 minutes ago, theboyangel said:

As for signing players - I feel something must be happening if we're looking to cancel the contracts/loans of Illori, N'Zogbia, Senderos and Cole (already left!), selling Gabby and potentially Kozak and loaning out Gardner.

That's potentially 6 squad positions made available (Senderos hasn't been registered this season) but doubt we'll sign 6 players.

A couple of shrewd loans and a possible permanent for next season is the most I expect.

Looking at the Debuchy rumours, that strangely co-incide with Garde mentioning Richards possibly playing RB, I don't think the player (Debuchy) is up for a loan here at all.

I don't think anybody is up for coming here, what do we have to offer? Short term loan at a club that will more than likely ruin your reputation or a permanent move on shit wages next season? Hardly many selling points, I mean we are having to rebuild our summer rebuild already and we are only half way through the season. You couldn't make it up

• Like 2

Linked with Lamine Kone in the express.

Newcastle and Aston Villa boosted as Sunderland leave club 'outraged' over defender deal

SUNDERLAND'S proposed January move for Lorient defender Lamine Kone is off - and the club are 'outraged'.

The Black Cats were close to finalising a £5million deal for the 26-year-old but the move collapsed.

Sam Allardyce confirmed yesterday that the Sunderland will not go ahead with a move for the centre-back, despite the Ligue 1 side accepting the offer. 

"It's quite outrageous," said Lorient vice-president Alex Hayes. 

"We gave Sunderland our consent last Tuesday, Lamine left the next day to have contract talks, but the player warned us there were problems in negotiating his contract. 

Because of the holidays it dragged out until Monday. They tried to change the pre-agreed deal. Lamine called me to ask if he could return to Lorient and I told him with great pleasure."

Despite this setback, Kone is still on the radar of a number of Premier League clubs with Aston Villa and Norwich both said to have tabled bids for the French-born Ivory Coast international. 

And French newspaper L'Equipe claim that Newcastle are also showing a keen interest in the player.

Edited by av1

2 hours ago, Mantis said:

I would be absolutely gobsmacked if we spent decades in the Championship. I honestly don't know what causes people to think that?

If we do not get back up while we are receiving the parachute payments, that could easily happen. We know that it has happened with other former top flight clubs, and I suspect they are still gobsmacked about it.

We can only hope that if we do go down, Fox, Garde and co., have enough about them to get us back up inside two years. Do you have the confidence that they can do that, Mantis? I hope they can, but we cannot be sure. If we do find ourselves languishing in the Championship for a number of years, we will be depending on a wealthy new owner to bring us back up, and there are not many of them about. 

To turn your question back on you, I do not know what causes people to think we will come back up quickly?

2 hours ago, theboyangel said:

Nope.

Just clearing the decks for the Championship ;)

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, Richard said:

Who are all these deadwood players people say he has shipped out? Last I looked just Gardner , Cole and Ilori 

Have you not just answered your own question?

8 days into his first window and he's already shipped out three, with rumours that N'Zogbia, Gabby and even Lescott might be going too.

4 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

He's got rid of a few. I'm not sure how hard it was. It seems Gardner, ilori and Cole are all desperate to play football. 

I'm sure it wasn't very hard. Just seeme dlike a n odd post to ask who he'd shipped out and then list them :)

2 hours ago, AntrimBlack said:

To turn your question back on you, I do not know what causes people to think we will come back up quickly?

Basically what you said, parachute payments would give us a little kick start over other teams. It's far, far more likely we come back up at first attempt than spend 20+ years down there IMO.