Pre Match thread

rjw63

Hopefully he won't p*ss about with the team too much. It is Tactics Tim, though, so my prediction is:

--------------------------------Gil---------------------------

Gabby-------Westwood---------Adama-------Senderos

--------------Nzogbia(c)-----------Grealish------------

Dave the groundskeeper---------------------Sherwood

--------------------------------Bunn---------------------------

--------------------------------Clark------------------------

• Like 2

Guzan

bacuna

random supporter from crowd

richards

amavi (swap for ball boy at half time)

veretout

gana

gabby and Sinclair whilst strapped together at the waist

grealish

some guy selling the big issue (he'll run around asking the players to buy a copy because he "just needs a couple more quid for a hot drink". This will will inevitably be more movement than we receive from Gestede.

Edited by 7392craig
  • Like 1

The Charge of  Sherwoods Villans

Half a league, half a league, 
Half a league onward, 
All in the valley of Death 
   Strode the Villans
“Forward, Aston Villa! 
Charge for the Cockney Scum!” he said. 
Into the valley of Death 
   Strode the Villans!

“Forward, the Villa!” 
Was there a man dismayed? 
Not though the players knew 
   Sherwood had blundered. 
   Theirs not to make reply, 
   Theirs not to reason why, 
   Theirs but to do and die. 
   Into the valley of Death 
   Strode the Villans

Chelsea to right of them, 
Chelsea to left of them, 
Chelsea in front of them 
   Volleyed and thundered; 
Stormed at with shot 
Boldly they strode and well, 
Into the jaws of Death, 
Into the mouth of hell 
   Strode the Villans

When can their glory fade? 
O the wild charge they made! 
   All the world wondered. 
Honour the charge they made! 
Honour the Villans
   The Noble Eleven!
  • Like 1

With the ball it is. There's enough discipline in the likes of Gil, Grealish and even Ayew to mean we wouldn't be too badly exposed when we're not in possession though. More of a 451 then. Let's face it, our strength is in our attacking midfielders so why not use them :)

I play an online RPG called Star Trek Online, there are tons of different ships and configurations but the simple rule is play to your strengths and don't attempt to compensate for the weaknesses. That is, if you have an all out attack cruiser make sure you plough all the energy into your weapons. The ship will take damage as it is not designed to soak up phaser fire, it is purely designed to dish it out and destroy the enemy before they can destroy you.

This is the method of thinking Villa need in my opinion, we need to go out and absolutely pepper teams because we know 100% that we are going to concede anyway. Tim tries to sure up the weaknesses at the cost of attacking, it's not worked so lets just go for it from the start. For the Love of God TIMOTHY, just **** go for it!

thats it you solved it, all we need now so is an attack cruiser playing number 9!!

With the ball it is. There's enough discipline in the likes of Gil, Grealish and even Ayew to mean we wouldn't be too badly exposed when we're not in possession though. More of a 451 then. Let's face it, our strength is in our attacking midfielders so why not use them :)

I play an online RPG called Star Trek Online, there are tons of different ships and configurations but the simple rule is play to your strengths and don't attempt to compensate for the weaknesses. That is, if you have an all out attack cruiser make sure you plough all the energy into your weapons. The ship will take damage as it is not designed to soak up phaser fire, it is purely designed to dish it out and destroy the enemy before they can destroy you.

This is the method of thinking Villa need in my opinion, we need to go out and absolutely pepper teams because we know 100% that we are going to concede anyway. Tim tries to sure up the weaknesses at the cost of attacking, it's not worked so lets just go for it from the start. For the Love of God TIMOTHY, just **** go for it!

thats it you solved it, all we need now so is an attack cruiser playing number 9!!

Liverpool did it the season they nearly won the league, they always conceded one or two, but they almost always outscored teams. Now I'm not saying we're going to finish up the top of the league doing this, as they did, but it certainly should be our way of thinking. With the creative players we have it's definitely playing to our strengths.

Edited by 7392craig
  • Like 1

The Charge of  Sherwoods Villans

Half a league, half a league, 
Half a league onward, 
All in the valley of Death 
   Strode the Villans
“Forward, Aston Villa! 
Charge for the Cockney Scum!” he said. 
Into the valley of Death 
   Strode the Villans!

“Forward, the Villa!” 
Was there a man dismayed? 
Not though the players knew 
   Sherwood had blundered. 
   Theirs not to make reply, 
   Theirs not to reason why, 
   Theirs but to do and die. 
   Into the valley of Death 
   Strode the Villans

Chelsea to right of them, 
Chelsea to left of them, 
Chelsea in front of them 
   Volleyed and thundered; 
Stormed at with shot 
Boldly they strode and well, 
Into the jaws of Death, 
Into the mouth of hell 
   Strode the Villans

When can their glory fade? 
O the wild charge they made! 
   All the world wondered. 
Honour the charge they made! 
Honour the Villans
   The Noble Eleven!

Brilliant, a tenner to Acorns if someone gets a banner made with this on and hangs it off the top tier of the Shed End...

This please Timothy, and stop your messing.

3e4c83b8caca3dbb8dc772e64736b1c3.png

Love it. Please, Tim. Get out of the way of your own success!

Drop HuttonHutton, put Richards at RB and bring in either Okore or Lescott at CB and I could see Sherwood starting to find a team that could pick up points, Sanchez and Westwood on the bench , squad looks strong 

• Like 1

Drop HuttonHutton, put Richards at RB and bring in either Okore or Lescott at CB and I could see Sherwood starting to find a team that could pick up points, Sanchez and Westwood on the bench , squad looks strong 

Okore who isn't fit yet or Lescott who is probably the worst CB in the league rigt now :wacko:

• Like 1

I think we might see this

-------------------------------Guzan--------------------------------

Hutton----------Richards------------Clark-----------Amavi-

-----------------Gueye---Sanchez---Westwood------------

Nzogbia---------------------------------------------------Traore

-----------------------------Agbonlahor---------------------------

Edited by KHV

Okore who isn't fit yet or Lescott who is probably the worst CB in the league rigt now :wacko:

Okore is fit, according to Sherwood 10 days ago and lescott's  a better CB than Hutton is RB.

If we start Hutton, or Bacuna at right back Chelsea will pile down that side, just like Stoke did which eventually led to their goal. That's the way I see it , let's see what happens ay.

Gil

Gil Gil Gil Gil

Gil Gil Gil Gil

Gil Gil

Keep it simple Tim just play the above formation and win the title

So good we only need 10 men.

Is this a pun that I do not get or can one of us not count?