Pre Match thread

rjw63

We need to hit them with pace. Naturally Costa will be back for them, but hopefully Richards can cope with him. I think refs will keep a close eye on him anyway, so hopefully he won't be able to get away with his usual antics.

I have a feeling that Tim will go all out attack, as he seems incapable of making subtle corrections. I wouldn't be surprised to see Bacuna and Amavi as the fullbacks, licenced to get crosses into Gestede. Grealish and Gil to both start and maybe Adama too, with Gana and Sanchez marshaling the middle.

We are going to get our usual heavy defeat against an out of form Chelsea, Sherwood is cluess as how to deal with the job he's been hired to do.

He'll set up negative, sit down looking pissed off, make questionable substitutions followed by blaming the players, same crap different weekend.

I fully expect Clark, Gabby and Nzogbia to come back in for this

OMG, Clark I can understand, but the other 2! Gabby has lost whatever talent he had but CNZ is the most useless dross at the club.

I'm gonna give this game a miss.

• Like 1

Ayew ahead of Adama, Gil, Grealish. Gana and Sanchez behind. 

or

Gestede and Ayew ahead of Gil, Gana, Sanchez and Grealish.

Sanchez preferred for physicality over Westwood. swap them at 60 mins.

Chances in hell of either happening - 0.

I think the results of the teams around us are going to be very important this weekend. There's certainly no way Tim is going to mastermind anything but a heavy defeat here so we have to hope that we aren't bottom of the table and 7 points adrift from safety come 5 o'clock. How we have fallen....

Edited by One For The Road

or

Two midfielders away to Chelsea. Hope not.

or

Two midfielders away to Chelsea. Hope not.

Ayew is the only striker. Gil in a central attacking midfielder position. Gana and Sanchez would both be parked in front of our defence. Full backs stay put.

Formations are not synonymous with attacking or defending. The idea is to contain with 6 and counter.

do people think he will drop Westwood? After a shaky start hes become one of his favourites.. first on the team sheet for Tim imo.

I would like to see us play on the floor and not play Gestede. They will eat up crosses and long balls. Need to make them move around and find space in behind.

----------------------Ayew--------------------

----Traore----------Gil--------Grealish---

----------Gana---------Sanchez----------

Amavi---Richards---Okore---Crespo-

--------------------Guzan--------------------

I would play that side. Feel that Westwood is a waste of an attacking player as Gana and Sanchez are capable of sitting back. They must be instructed to hold their discipline and not get forward too much as we have the attacking players to cause trouble. Same goes with the wing backs.

Problem with Sherwoods teams so far.. we see everyone try to bomb forward.. even Richards from centre back and it just leaves massive holes and counter attacks. Keep your shape and discipline. Sanchez tires around the 60th minute where i would think about bringing on Veretout.

Edited by KSV
  • Like 1

do people think he will drop Westwood? After a shaky start hes become one of his favourites.. first on the team sheet for Tim imo.

I would like to see us play on the floor and not play Gestede. They will eat up crosses and long balls. Need to make them move around and find space in behind.

----------------------Ayew--------------------

----Traore----------Gil--------Grealish---

----------Gana---------Sanchez----------

Amavi---Richards---Okore---Crespo-

--------------------Guzan--------------------

I would play that side. Feel that Westwood is a waste of an attacking player as Gana and Sanchez are capable of sitting back. They must be instructed to hold their discipline and not get forward too much as we have the attacking players to cause trouble. Same goes with the wing backs.

Problem with Sherwoods teams so far.. we see everyone try to bomb forward.. even Richards from centre back and it just leaves massive holes and counter attacks. Keep your shape and discipline. Sanchez tires around the 60th minute where i would think about bringing on Veretout.

exactly as I see it, even down the the sub, although I'd bring on Westwood.