Pre Match thread

rjw63

It's the performance i'm looking at here.

Our performances this season have been unacceptable which on top of bad results have got us in this position.

Pelle bullied Cahill. I'm expecting Gestede to do the same.

What will probably happen is Guzan will probably make more passes than any outfield player..

The minimum i expect to see today is for us to be competitive and try to take the game to Chelsea

By their own standards they have been as useless as we have and it's not like they have been smashing teams 3 - 4 nil every game

Right, my guess at a bizarre Sherwood starting xi for the Chelsea game:

---------------- Guzan ----------------

Hutton -- Richards -- Crespo -- Amavi

Bacuna -- Gil -- Gana -- N'Zogbia

-------------- Grealish -------------

-------------- Gestede ------------

It could happen! (Although I hope not, but would love to see Gil and Grealish start, and Adama but that'll never happen).

Edited by alreadyexists

I would definitely play someone pacey down the middle as we have always had success by playing pace against Terry and Cahill. I think I'd play Traore behind Gestede and play Ayew wide right with Grealish wide left. I think that we have to have Sanchez and Gana in front of the back four because we need competitors in the middle of the park, not lightweights such as Westwood. 

I would start with this team:

-------------------Guzan-----------------

Hutton--Richards--Crespo--Amavi

------------Gana-------Sanchez------------

Ayew----------Traore---------Grealish 

------------------Gestede---------------------

It gives us a solid middle 4 look at the back and a mix of power and pace up front. 

Edited by villarocker

Just been offered a free ticket.  Unfortunately can't make it but I think that's a blessing.

Thats like someone offering you a lit match as you stand there covered in petrol.

Edited by dounavilla
  • Like 2