Pre Match thread

rjw63

Those predicting 3 or 4 nil are being optimistic and I don't know why. Falcao will fill his boots , terry will look like beckanbaur and ivanovic will score a hat trick.  I think this could be a premiership record defeat

Nah don't think Tim is even that bad to beat the best Villa Manager in 25 years. ;)

30 years if you're going to try and point score.

• Like 1

6-0

At least a red card for us, Falcao will score, Ivanovic will come good again and Hazard with two. Might check the result at full time but no interest at all in this.

We might just get a result here. Sadly it is unlikely to be the result we need but I think we have it in us to keep their winning margin down to three or less.

Chelsea are always going to turn things around and they like so many other teams have become a bogey team for us. Anything less than a 3-goal defeat would be a bonus for us at the moment and in recent seasons come to think of it.

So what have we really got to lose?  We should go for them with Grealish, Gil, Ayew and Traore!   

Chelsea are vunerable at the back but can we take advantage of it. Terry and Cahill will be comfortable against Gestede. Need to go with pace up front, two holding midfield players and Gil and Grealish.

Chelsea are vunerable at the back but can we take advantage of it. Terry and Cahill will be comfortable against Gestede. Need to go with pace up front, two holding midfield players and Gil and Grealish.

Yet for some reason I expect Tim to set us up to be knocking floated balls into Gestede all match. Anyway it really doesn't matter because Lescott will play and it will be carnage

This is going to hurt.

Yes, in all likelihood we'd best lube up before arriving at the ground.  But you never know ... fingers crossed 'n all that.

• Like 1

Not that I think it matters but I would go somewhat old school for this one and play 

Guzan + back 4

Gil Gana Sanchez Grealish

Gestede Ayew

Westwood comes out (shocking, since I am a Westwood loyalist) for more physical protection of the fullbacks and spaces in between. Jack and Gil play because they can cross for Gestede and play Ayew through. Also, I don't want Amavi and Bacuna/Hutton to be the players responsible for crossing from deep leaving us short at the back.