Pre Match thread

rjw63

Form is temporary class is permanent and Chelsea despite a poor start are still one of the best sides in Europe. They play anything like their best they will win and that would be the case against most sides in the Prem.

The above won't excuse a poor performance today though. What I expect is 100% effort from every player and for us to have a real go. If we get that and Chelsea play well and beat us so be it.

Line up wise I hope we will go back to 4-3-3 and play:

Guzan

Hutton   Richards   Lescott   Amavi

Westwood  Gana   Veretout

Ayew   Gestede   Grealish

I wouldn't have gone with Lescott but with Clark and Okore still not fit then there is little choice. Sanchez has only been back from International duty for 2 days. Traore I think will be better served as a second half impact sub for the last half hour.

Edited by markavfc40
  • Like 1

Guzan will flatten Costa, who will then lose it and take the walk of shame. Mourinho will manhandle the fourth official and get sent to the stands and Sherwood will orchestrate his masterplan.

And I shall take my medication as prescribed! 4-0.

• Like 1

Don't worry lads. I've transferred Costa in in Fantasy and will make him Captain. Poor Chelsea don't stand a chance. You can thank me later

I have a bet on him scoring a brace. It's inevitable.

Going to be an embarrassing defeat as Chelsea rediscover some form. It's all just so frustratingly predictable for villa. Team having their worst run in a generation , getting beat regularly and they will hammer us.  It was the same when moyes had manure they struggled against sides but beat us easily.  This is villa . Could be 5 or 6 . The game and result aren't what matters to me to be honest. It's what happens after the game. Sherwood out .

Edited by Richard

I don't think it will be as bad as everybody thinks in regards to the score, 2 or 3-1. Hazard and Costa both scoring seems carved in stone with them both getting some stick about their form recently. However I do think we'll be embarrassingly bad, maybe a couple of shots on target if we're lucky.

I think Gastede has to sit this out. Nothing against the lad but Terry legs have gone, it should be pace rather than muscle today.

My birthday today and I'm at the game.  All I want to see is a goal!  Please make it happen! 

i admire your support, but what a bad way to spend your bday. You will be miserable. Hopefully you're gattered up and you can laugh as the goals fly in.

of course, if we somehow pull out a performance, then it will be great. I guess thats what keeps us going the meagre hope, which is significantly less in a Villa fan than any other right now.

Have a good bday anyway mate, try enjoy it