The banker loving, baby-eating Tory party thread (regenerated)

blandy

27 minutes ago, meregreen said:

Ultimately, the electorate will flush this turd away, along with all the other Tory turds surrounding him.

Unfortunately the demographics are in favour of the Torys. We are a massively ageing society (which will increase now we are getting of those damm  pesky foreigners)  which tend to vote to the right as you get older. Plus Labour have lost Scotland for good.

6 minutes ago, markavfc40 said:

The man is a pathological liar isn't he.

To be honest I don't think he's lying on that one. Not deliberately anyway. We probably were the fastest growing economy at one point and he's just retained that as a little tidbit of information to use in his defence and has never bothered to double check if it's still accurate.

I just wish people would call him out on it more

6 minutes ago, markavfc40 said:

The man is a pathological liar isn't he.

I'm not sure where those figures come from but I've seen a number of reports that we have the fastest growing economy in the G7......mainly because we fell the furthest though.

54 minutes ago, meregreen said:

Ultimately, the electorate will flush this turd away, along with all the other Tory turds surrounding him.

They won't, though. The system likes Tories and the country delivers. The system has allowed these bastards to rise to the top - they have been found to be the winners in the Tory party, for whatever reason, and they aren't going to go away anytime soon when the system rewards them. And nothing is going to change the system.

No Sue Gray report this week according to Peston. Boris has said it will be when the MP’s are in parliament, and as they’ve left for the week it’ll be Monday at the earliest.

(Unless Boris does a U turn, for a change).

6 hours ago, StefanAVFC said:

He lied

Again

So many lies that this one hardly gets any notice. He personally intervened to save dogs instead of humans. Then he lied about it, again.

Maybe nobody told him he shouldn't lie.

Mr Johnson had previously said on 7 December last year that it was “complete nonsense” that he had intervened to have the animals evacuated and that he had “no influence on that particular case”. He added: “Nor would that be right.”

Finally he's right about something.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/boris-johnson-dogs-afghanistan-pen-farthing-b2001036.html?utm_source=reddit.com

3 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

So many lies that this one hardly gets any notice. He personally intervened to save dogs instead of humans. Then he lied about it, again.

Maybe nobody told him he shouldn't lie.

Finally he's right about something.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/boris-johnson-dogs-afghanistan-pen-farthing-b2001036.html?utm_source=reddit.com

He's sent out the Defence Secretary Ben Someone to say it was him alone that made this decision and at no point was Johnson involved. This was after the email was revealed and PMQs

33 minutes ago, Genie said:

No Sue Gray report this week according to Peston. Boris has said it will be when the MP’s are in parliament, and as they’ve left for the week it’ll be Monday at the earliest.

(Unless Boris does a U turn, for a change).

Yes you can't expect our representatives to put in a decent 5 day week. I mean how can they fit in all of their non exec roles? They can't survive on MP salaries alone, the poor lambs.

A stinking, sinking, rotten,  excuse of a parliament.

On 23/01/2022 at 12:11, mjmooney said:

My first IT job was for a software house servicing the Lloyds of London reinsurance market. I remember having a meeting with some clients in their office block in the City. Stroke of midday, they all knocked off and got in the lift down to the basement. Which was a pub. They then proceeded to get absolutely shitfaced, and went back to work at about 3.00. 

my first job was with rolls royce, every friday we went to the pub during a half hour lunch break, the record at the time was 4 and a half pints during the 30 minutes with lots of pre planning with the pub. A lot of heavy machinery was operated during the afternoon. All seemed particularly normal and no different to any tory work event ive read about.

• Shocked 1

2 hours ago, cheltenham_villa said:

we went to the pub during a half hour lunch break, the record at the time was 4 and a half pints during the 30 minutes with lots of pre planning with the pub

That is exactly what used to happen when I had a labouring job in a warehouse. Half hour lunch break, race to the nearest boozer, neck three pints, or four if we were feeling particularly thirsty. As the fastest runner I had the job of sprinting back with everybody's clocking in cards. Didn't mind. 

Â