The banker loving, baby-eating Tory party thread (regenerated)

blandy

1 hour ago, StefanAVFC said:

The timing is ridiculously suspicious. They've had the evidence all along, and now the report is due to be published, and 'damning' suddenly there's a police investigation that blocks the report?

I bet if Johnson had the choice between a criminal investigation into him and his actions versus no criminal investigation into him and his actions, he's probably still prefer the latter. 

9 minutes ago, ml1dch said:

I bet if Johnson had the choice between a criminal investigation into him and his actions versus no criminal investigation into him and his actions, he's probably still prefer the latter. 

Or would he prefer being kicked in the balls this week or punched in the face in 3 weeks time...

26 minutes ago, hippo said:

Update- it gets worse. The delay in publishing the gray report hasn't come from the police. They aren't blocking it's publication.

They could have waited until after it's publication if they were going to announce an investigation. They knew full well what they were doing.

The Met are acting like they have all the independence of the Gestapo.

19 minutes ago, The Fun Factory said:

Does he mean the media  in that all but 2 of the printed  national newspapers are usually right leaning?

I disagree with his opening statement. The media do decide our prime minister.

And they don't make a very good job of it:-

Cameron 

May !!!!!!!

Johnson.

1 minute ago, desensitized43 said:

They could have waited until after it's publication if they were going to announce an investigation. They knew full well what they were doing.

The Met are acting like they have all the independence of the Gestapo.

Not sure you have understood.

There is nothing from the police to prevent the sue Gray enquiry being published right now or in the next few days. The postponement has come from the government.

5 minutes ago, hippo said:

There is nothing from the police to prevent the sue Gray enquiry being published right now or in the next few days. The postponement has come from the government.

So Boris will be asked 10x a day why it’s not being released, until he finally caves. 
This is what I mean about him never learning. 
He still thinks everyone is stupid.

41 minutes ago, hippo said:

I know it has but who told the Met to go ahead with the investigation now?

Number 10 know the Sue Gray report will be bad so maybe they've asked/told the Met to do their investigation now to give them cover to withhold SG findings.

• Like 1

Â