The banker loving, baby-eating Tory party thread (regenerated)

blandy

4 minutes ago, StefanAVFC said:

The timing is ridiculously suspicious. They've had the evidence all along, and now the report is due to be published, and 'damning' suddenly there's a police investigation that blocks the report?

I personally think the report is damning towards the Met also hence they need to finally do something. Damage limitation from their side. Better late than never…

I can't really see how the Police can drag this out. They are looking into whether or not to issue fixed penalty notices. They have CCTV footage and witnesses. Any more than a few days spent on this would be ridiculous and given it is going to result in no more than a £100 fine for the individuals involved would be a complete waste of Police resources if it took any longer. 

Edited by markavfc40
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, markavfc40 said:

I can't really see how the Police can drag this out. They are looking into whether or not to issue fixed penalty notices. They have CCTV footage and witnesses. Any more than a few days spent on this would be ridiculous and given it is going to result in no more than a £100 fine for the individuals involved would be a complete waste of Police resources if it took any longer. 

I thought it was a 10 grand fine for breaking lock down rules?

Just now, jimmygreaves said:

I thought it was a 10 grand fine for breaking lock down rules?

I’m sure Rita Ora got hit with a 10 grand fine for having a party in lockdown, and the owner of the restaurant got the same.

Its more bullshit from the Met, which will inevitably come back to bite them. If they do issue a few token £100 penalties people will obviously ask why they aren’t the same fines issued to others for similar crimes.

12 minutes ago, Genie said:

I personally think the report is damning towards the Met also hence they need to finally do something. Damage limitation from their side. Better late than never…

100% agree.  There is only so much arse covering that Johnson and Dick can do and all of a sudden Dick has realized that she can hardly cover her own arse let alone Johnson's so has decided to let him cover his own.  The problem is that as Johnson and Dick are trying so hard to cover their own arses, they will probably end up just shafting themselves in the process.  I'm sure Johnson will be unhappy to find that Dick has gone from covering his arse to pumping him for information.  They will both look back on this and wonder how they ever came to the conclusion that Dick was ever able to cover Johnson's arse.

12 minutes ago, markavfc40 said:

They are looking into whether or not to issue fixed penalty notices.

No they aren't, these go beyond the scope of fixed penalty notices. Many others have ended up or will end up in court over breaches and parties

And that's also a word of warning, once the police get involved, it isn't up to them to say who is guilty, the evidence then gets passed to the CPS who decide whether to prosecute. And if it goes to court the whole thing gets delayed until the versict

1 minute ago, markavfc40 said:

Illegal raves and large gatherings of more than thirty people though could result in fines of £10,000 which I guess is what happened with Rita Ora.

I would imagine if a group of people broke these rules on multiple occasions you would hope they were handed the maximum punishments available.

Do we think that'll happen?

3 minutes ago, markavfc40 said:

Illegal raves and large gatherings of more than thirty people though could result in fines of £10,000 which I guess is what happened with Rita Ora.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-nottinghamshire-54631524

Four university students have been fined £10,000 each after telling police who broke up their house party they were "spoiling their fun".

Officers on patrol spotted a party in Lenton, Nottingham, on Tuesday night but were told everyone had left.

But inside they found more than 30 people hiding and, when challenged, organisers complained they should be having the "time of their lives".

It’s a shame it’s not in London as Dick says she’s going to continue the measured approach the Met have been following all along.

So, will the 40+ in the Downing Street garden be getting £10k fines?

Edited by Genie

1 minute ago, desensitized43 said:

This just reinforces what we all knew. That the Met is about as corrupt as it gets. The timing of this is so dodgy. It's clearly designed to prevent the report being released to buy some time for Johnson.

I think the report has been circulated internally and the Met have thought “shit, it looks really bad on us. We can’t still be in a position of “not enough evidence” when it comes out” as it was so bloody obvious what was going on.
So they’ve decided to change their stance, which has had the side effect of delaying the formal issuing of Sue Gray’s report. 

7 minutes ago, bickster said:

No they aren't, these go beyond the scope of fixed penalty notices. Many others have ended up or will end up in court over breaches and parties

And that's also a word of warning, once the police get involved, it isn't up to them to say who is guilty, the evidence then gets passed to the CPS who decide whether to prosecute. And if it goes to court the whole thing gets delayed until the versict

Isn't it only in extreme circumstances you can be prosecuted? the fines for gatherings of more than 30 people can be up to £10000 and I don't think these parties would be seen as going beyond that would they. 

Just now, desensitized43 said:

This just reinforces what we all knew. That the Met is about as corrupt as it gets. The timing of this is so dodgy. It's clearly designed to prevent the report being released to buy some time for Johnson.

Dunno, really.

Two reasons - firstly the Sue Gray investigation has clearly been provided with evidence worthy of passing on to the rozzers - until now, that evidence was perhaps not available to the Met (notwithstanding the plod working in No 10 obviously knew what was going on, though dibble would be unlikely in the extreme to arrest Bunter and Co. for cake and wine).

Second reason, Cressida Dick is up in front of Parliament getting a scheduled grilling today. That's where this news has come from.

8 minutes ago, markavfc40 said:

Isn't it only in extreme circumstances you can be prosecuted? the fines for gatherings of more than 30 people can be up to £10000 and I don't think these parties would be seen as going beyond that would they. 

How extreme do you want to take multiple breaches of regulations? How extreme are the many breaches going to court or have already been dealt with by a court? That has to be the yardstick here, if its not expect someone like the Good Law project to get involved. There's also a who is responsible for the gatherings question given the location of the events, even that isn't clear and a court may have to decide.

You can also elect to take any fixed penalty to notice to court

7 minutes ago, bickster said:

How extreme do you want to take multiple breaches of regulations? How extreme are the many breaches going to court or have already been dealt with by a court? That has to be the yardstick here, if its not expect someone like the Good Law project to get involved. There's also a who is responsible for the gatherings question given the location of the events, even that isn't clear and a court may have to decide.

You can also elect to take any fixed penalty to notice to court

I am just watching sky news and Dick said at the hearing this morning that where criteria were met they could investigate historical events and issue tickets which suggests the intention here will be to issue FPN's. 

Multiple breaches can also result in the fines being doubled for every further offence.

I would surprised if this ends up in court and if it does it will be more money pissed up the wall by/as a result of this government.  

Edited by markavfc40

Dick’s blasé attitude has pissed me off. The general “if people really want it looking into we’ll take a look, and knock out a few cheap fines if it makes you happy”.

The fact of who is involved, and why it’s so important seems to be lost on her.

They just don’t learn do they? Despite the fact they keep getting found out every time the are still trying to cover a lie with a lie. Bend the rules. Test how much piss taking they can get away with etc.

Â