The banker loving, baby-eating Tory party thread (regenerated)

blandy

17 minutes ago, StefanAVFC said:

It's sort of dismissing the point through whataboutism though isn't it?

The blue side have been in unfettered power for over a decade now, made a complete disaster of many things during that time, how much longer can 'well some on the other side are loony too' truly go on for?

It’s not intended to, no. I agree with you.

I just thought it should be a moment of self reflection about your own biases (something I have to do frequently) because I’m sure we can all agree that acting like the guy in the story isn’t helpful.

19 hours ago, bickster said:

The Indie is reporting that Liz Truss flew to Australia by Private Jet at a cost to the taxpayer of £500,000.

£500,000 of taxpayer money to send Liz Truss to Australia is absolutely fine by me. 

If she'd stayed there. 

• Haha 1

Also there are some suggestions that it might not be a cover up but that the Met are investigating some more serious incidents that might be court worthy (deletion of phone data for example), and therefore cannot prejudice any potential jury. I mean, it's highly unlikely, but you never know I guess.

3 minutes ago, Lichfield Dean said:

The optics on this seem pretty bad though. Not sure it's going to help the Tories in the long term.

DIdn't you hear? The people don't care about a cake and want to move on with levelling up the country.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Lichfield Dean said:

The optics on this seem pretty bad though. Not sure it's going to help the Tories in the long term.

Really ?

The general covid enquiry - 3 years after the event.

The lockdown party report - probably published 2 years after the event.

Postpone / scrap the NI hike.

The Tories & Boris are good for another 5 years mate.

Just now, hippo said:

Really ?

The general covid enquiry - 3 years after the event.

The lockdown party report - probably published 2 years after the event.

Postpone / scrap the NI hike.

The Tories & Boris are good for another 5 years mate.

I know, I know, just trying to be optimistic...

• Like 1

The whole thing is embarrassing. The mechanism of government has completely ground to a halt due to two reports happening at the same time. It has given bunter time to organise a shadow whipping operation. Even if the 22 committee get 54 letters he will see off  a vote of confidence with ease, and the whole sewage will be swept under the carpet.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, The Fun Factory said:

The whole thing is embarrassing. The mechanism of government has completely ground to a halt due to two reports happening at the same time. It has given bunter time to organise a shadow whipping operation. Even if the 22 committee get 54 letters he will see off  a vote of confidence with ease, and the whole sewage will be swept under the carpet.

About sums it up.

Corrupt as hell. But so many powerful friends the rest of us are virtually told not to give a shit.

Gray was investigating parties that break lockdown rules.  That was the entire remit.  The Met don't want her to mention anything they may be investigating, which is parties that broke lockdown rules.  May as well print it in black ink on black paper.  But the Met do also say that Gray need not delay in publishing it.  It's ridiculous.  Not unexpected mind.  There is a reason why Boris and pals thinks the rules don't apply to them, it's because the rules genuinely don't apply to them.

• Like 3

It's clear what will happen.

Sue Gray's report is damning.

Met ask her to remove damning bits as they're investigating them.

Report is released with no very little to pin on Johnson.

Met drop their investigation.

• Like 1

Â