The banker loving, baby-eating Tory party thread (regenerated)

blandy

She did so to win Britain an extra £10k a year in sales of Marmite.

Wait, they've got their own? Shit.

Wait, Marmite's owners might be moving the production outside the UK? 

**** she just spent half a million on a holiday, shiiiiiit.

17 minutes ago, Genie said:

“At least” half a million quid on a flight that took off 2 hours before a direct flight from London, but arrived 5 hours later as it had to refuel twice.

150 tonnes of fuel burnt.

500 tonnes of CO2 generated

All instead of business class seats on a daily Qantas flight at about £7.7k.

They’re absolutely out of control. Not one of them has a conscience.

Was it just her, or was there a bigger delegation including security etc?

22 minutes ago, Panto_Villan said:

Was it just her, or was there a bigger delegation including security etc?

I assume there are at least some others, but even if there was 10 of them it’s still 6x more expensive (not to mention the environmental damage).

3 hours ago, bickster said:

The Indie is reporting that Liz Truss flew to Australia by Private Jet at a cost to the taxpayer of £500,000.

If she didn't want to go on a scheduled flight with the smelly poor people, she could surely have gone on that RAF Voyager that they got all tarted up for Bog Dig and the rest of them to flounce around in and use to "sell Britain". That wouldn't have cost 500 grand, though it would still have done greenhouse emissions.

12 minutes ago, blandy said:

If she didn't want to go on a scheduled flight with the smelly poor people, she could surely have gone on that RAF Voyager that they got all tarted up for Bog Dig and the rest of them to flounce around in and use to "sell Britain". That wouldn't have cost 500 grand, though it would still have done greenhouse emissions.

I haven't delved too deeply but I think that was the plane she used. 

20 minutes ago, Genie said:

Not sure if this link will work (to a fb video)

https://fb.watch/aOuR3g9yHl/

It’s Tory MP Lee Anderson saying how fed up he is with all the questions about their behaviour and wants to talk about something else. Poor guy. It must be really inconvenient.

Edit: wow, the comments 😮 

We deserve the politicians we have. It's as simple as that.

• Like 1

I was briefly in Coventry on Saturday helping the inlaws.

Got chatting to a neighbour, my sort of age, who was very excited about not needing to follow guidelines any more after today.

He was "in two minds about Boris", though.  Said what a great job he's doing, but the party thing was out of order.

I reminded him of the billions wasted on PPE, contracts, track and trace etc and was met with the reply "True, but how bad could it have been if Labour were in charge?".

I just replied "How bad could it be?", then left him to go about his ignorance.

• Like 2
  • Sad 2

30 minutes ago, NurembergVillan said:

Got chatting to a neighbour, my sort of age, who was very excited about not needing to follow guidelines any more after today.

He was "in two minds about Boris", though.  Said what a great job he's doing, but the party thing was out of order.

I reminded him of the billions wasted on PPE, contracts, track and trace etc and was met with the reply "True, but how bad could it have been if Labour were in charge?".

I mean, sounds like he’s a mindlessly “go team blue” person. His viewpoint makes sense if you view everything Labour do in the most negative possible light. There’s plenty of “go team red” people around too.

Anyone who is willing to give one party their unconditional support is a blight on politics in my book, irrespective of their political persuasion.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, NurembergVillan said:

Tbf he has a point. If Labour had won the Empire would have been handed over to the USSR and every person over 13 would have to bury a Jewish person once a day.

4 minutes ago, Panto_Villan said:

I mean, sounds like he’s a mindlessly “go team blue” person. His viewpoint makes sense if you view everything Labour do in the most negative possible light. There’s plenty of “go team red” people around too.

Anyone who is willing to give one party their unconditional support is a blight on politics in my book, irrespective of their political persuasion.

It's sort of dismissing the point through whataboutism though isn't it?

The blue side have been in unfettered power for over a decade now, made a complete disaster of many things during that time, how much longer can 'well some on the other side are loony too' truly go on for?

Edited by StefanAVFC
  • Like 4

Â