The banker loving, baby-eating Tory party thread (regenerated)

blandy

27 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

Natch. Raab thinks he has a shot at getting the job. 

I don't actually reckon that he does. When Johnson is eventually booted out, I'd expect Raab (as Deputy PM) to offer to stand in as acting Prime Minister, meaning he gets to look magnanimous and statesmanlike while everyone else has an undignified fight, probably gets a decent cabinet role under the new administration and sees his (currently-tanked) reputation improve. 

Leaving him clear for next year's competition. 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, ml1dch said:

I don't actually reckon that he does. When Johnson is eventually booted out, I'd expect Raab (as Deputy PM) to offer to stand in as acting Prime Minister, meaning he gets to look magnanimous and statesmanlike while everyone else has an undignified fight, probably gets a decent cabinet role under the new administration and sees his (currently-tanked) reputation improve. 

Leaving him clear for next year's competition. 

Either way, he'd be happy to backstab Boris. 

Tories gonna Tory. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Genie said:

Link

Dominic Raab admits Boris Johnson will have to resign as PM if he lied to Parliament

The use of the word “normally” quite key here.

Also, if he’s found to have lied to Parliament he should be sacked, arrested and charged. I hate that politicians who are caught red handed committing a crime can just resign and walk away.

But hasn't he already been found guilty of that over the proroguing thing? Or was that just lying to the Queen?

• Like 1

Boris has emerged to say “nobody warned me the drinks party was against the rules”.

Yep, the Prime Minister needed someone to tell him if a party in his garden was within the rules or not.

I’ll try that one next time I’m caught shop lifting. Nobody told me it was illegal.

Edited by Genie

Boris Johnson has "categorically" denied he was warned a drinks party in the No 10 garden risked breaking lockdown rules.

"Nobody warned me that it was against the rules," the prime minister said, adding: "I would have remembered that."

Former aide Dominic Cummings says he warned Mr Johnson at the time, and has accused him of misleading MPs about it.

Asked if he would resign if he was found to have misled MPs, Mr Johnson said: "Let's see what the report says."

Senior civil servant Sue Gray is due to publish a report into alleged Covid rule breaking at a lockdown get-togethers in Downing Street and government departments.

Boris certainly on the ropes now, all it needs now is for someone in number 10 to confirm they told him and he’s lying and he’s toast.

BBC

19 minutes ago, Genie said:

Boris certainly on the ropes now, all it needs now is for someone in number 10 to confirm they told him and he’s lying and he’s toast.

BBC

As long the plan to save him doesn't involve having to sack a load of probably-vengeful junior staffers, I'm sure it'll all be fine. 

Edited by ml1dch

spacer.png

I don’t know very much about the tory MP for Wycombe, but I’d guess he checked out the CV of Richard Taylor, the guy in the red tie. 

I’d guess he saw that he’s done time for theft and violence, that he once set up his own faith healing church. That he left the church after accusations of it being a front to organise slave labour.

He’ll have seen those things, and thought, yeah he’s the guy for me to put all over my twitter feed for 24 hours.

I’m genuinely at a loss at the moment as to where we are heading. It’s becoming more stupid and dangerous by the day. It’s like con men are actively being dragged in to politics.

2 minutes ago, tomav84 said:

i'm still not sure if i want him gone or not

a big part of me thinks the best chance of the tories losing the next GE is with him still as PM

Yep, I’m torn.

I really don’t want him to think he can pull this type of shit over and over again and get away with it.

But then on the other hand if he goes it might cause a new manager bounce in the polls that could extend their stay in charge. 

6 minutes ago, Genie said:

Yep, I’m torn.

I really don’t want him to think he can pull this type of shit over and over again and get away with it.

But then on the other hand if he goes it might cause a new manager bounce in the polls that could extend their stay in charge. 

It absolutely will. But I think it would still happen if he stepped down a month before and they'd win the most seats.

At least if he leaves now the next despicable bastard they wont be able to hope but vote in has a few years to show themselves for what they are.

• Like 1

There used to be a Little Britain sketch where the politician would make a statement of some completely ridiculous excuse when caught out doing something he shouldn’t be doing. 
They are actually less ridiculous than some of the things that BoJo is coming out with.

A different theme but actually slightly more believable.

3 hours ago, ml1dch said:

Let's hope he has to spend a bit longer in the mangle first. 

Just watched the clip on Sky News.  He does seem visibly shaken and it is noticeable how he keeps on referring to Beth when answering the questions in an attempt to stop other media from using the footage. 

Edited by trekka

56 minutes ago, trekka said:

Just watched the clip on Sky News.  He does seem visibly shaken and it is noticeable how he keeps on referring to Beth when answering the questions in an attempt to stop other media from using the footage. 

I wonder if he’s more or less shaken/teary than people who couldn’t visit dying relatives whilst he was having parties?

(not a dig at you btw 😘)

Edited by Genie

I wonder if Boris has found being PM as good as he expected it to be, given how hard he's been chasing it his whole life and how willing he was to throw the country under the bus to get into power?

Because (thankfully) it looks from here like he's had a pretty shitty time from start to finish.

Â