The banker loving, baby-eating Tory party thread (regenerated)

blandy

1 hour ago, Davkaus said:

1. Public anger to die down by the time it's released

I think we're way past that point to be honest. The public won't be any less angry when the report is published, the anger is deep lying and will just remanifest itself when it hits the news cycle again

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Seat68 said:

Report to be released coinciding with the lifting of all restrictions. 

If the plan is for that to be a big distraction then I can't see that working. It is not as though we have been under any real restrictions anyway have we. A bit of mask wearing in shops/on public transport, advice to work from home if possible and negative tests/proof of vaccination in some settings.

Edited by markavfc40
  • Like 1

Just now, ml1dch said:

Small prediction - PMQs today will be a bit of a damp squib. As there is nothing that Starmer can really throw at him on parties that isn't already being thrown at him.

He could fire a party popper in his general direction.

The double meaning would be hilarious

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, ml1dch said:

Small prediction - PMQs today will be a bit of a damp squib. As there is nothing that Starmer can really throw at him on parties that isn't already being thrown at him.

I expect the ridiculous and disrespectful  “nobody told me it was against the rules” will be main point of attack.

Then a Tory MP will request support for his local school who want some new crayons.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, ml1dch said:

He could literally say nothing and just sit there sipping wine and eating cheese?

• Haha 1

Does the Prime Minister agree with me that he is a really great person, just the best really, a real leader who has done great things during an unprecedented crisis for this country, a conscientious and abundant lover, and that it colleagues from across the way should be quiet, and that they smell badly?

Or similar trash to come from the pathetic brown nosing element with spines of purest jelly and negotiable convictions. Most likely Vicky Ford.

21 minutes ago, Genie said:

I expect the ridiculous and disrespectful  “nobody told me it was against the rules” will be main point of attack.

Labour ought to be able to read out, with dates, multiple quotes from Bunter, on the TV, where he either read out the rules, or was stood next to a Scientist or other Official clearly stating "you must not ..." Bunter set the rules.

PM time is really about keeping the pressure on Bunter via the dishonesty and misleading and lying, to essentially get the Tories to hoof him out - to get the Tory MPs to be shamed into ditching the whopper. Bunter is kind of the means to an end, really, for Labour (IMO).

• Thanks 1

Wakeford has a majority of under 1% in his seat and it's formerly been a long standing Labour seat. Given he's also apparently always been a Tory, I suspect his move to Labour has less to do with distaste at the party and more about his future prospects.

Interesting he is a chair of Parliamentary Group on British Jews. A bloody good job the anti-Semitic dragon got slayed right quick.

Edited by Chindie

11 minutes ago, Jareth said:

Depressing - Labour clearly looking a safe haven for middling Tories. 

I'd guess he's just looked at the runes and decided that he's got a much better chance of remaining in his job if he's running as the incumbent Labour MP rather than the incumbent Tory MP.

edit - as @Chindie says above. 

Although, he's got form for not thinking that the Tory old-guard are all that good. He's the one who called Owen Paterson a c*** to his face when that whole shebang was happening all those years ago. Sorry, weeks ago. 

Edited by ml1dch

11 minutes ago, avfcDJ said:

Chrstian Wakeford has detected to the Tory-light Labour. 

forgive my ignorance, but can they do that? surely they voted for a tory MP, can they just decide to be labour and turn bury red?

2 minutes ago, tomav84 said:

forgive my ignorance, but can they do that? surely they voted for a tory MP, can they just decide to be labour and turn bury red?

Yeah they can - it’s happened before (going the other way too) and of course some have gone independent and then to Lib Dema (2018 I think) so it’s happened before.

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, tomav84 said:

You vote for the individual, not the party.

Except basically nobody does. But yes, they can cross the floor to the other party and there's no issue with that.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Â