The banker loving, baby-eating Tory party thread (regenerated)

blandy

6 minutes ago, Panto_Villan said:

I wonder if Boris has found being PM as good as he expected it to be, given how hard he's been chasing it his whole life and how willing he was to throw the country under the bus to get into power?

Because (thankfully) it looks from here like he's had a pretty shitty time from start to finish.

I think he thought it was gonna be a massive jolly. He’d cream it in via expenses and other sidelines before leaving to rapturous applause and make serious money doing books, consultancy work and newspaper articles.

Its probably dawning on him now that his reputation is in tatters and nobody will touch him if he is pushed out of his job in the way it is looking like.

56 minutes ago, Genie said:

I think he thought it was gonna be a massive jolly. He’d cream it in via expenses and other sidelines before leaving to rapturous applause and make serious money doing books, consultancy work and newspaper articles.

Its probably dawning on him now that his reputation is in tatters and nobody will touch him if he is pushed out of his job in the way it is looking like.

Exactly. I’m sure he’ll still have some supporters, but seems like him becoming PM was the worst thing for everyone (himself included).

• Like 1

1 hour ago, trekka said:

Just watched the clip on Sky News.  He does seem visibly shaken and it is noticeable how he keeps on referring to Beth when answering the questions in an attempt to stop other media from using the footage. 

Hold on while I get the worlds smallest violin.

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, trekka said:

it is noticeable how he keeps on referring to Beth when answering the questions in an attempt to stop other media from using the footage. 

It was a pooled interview, so that won't work.

Suspect it was to try and Garner personal sympathy from her, personally.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, trekka said:

Just watched the clip on Sky News.  He does seem visibly shaken and it is noticeable how he keeps on referring to Beth when answering the questions in an attempt to stop other media from using the footage. 

Using the Christian Purslow technique of keep referring to the interviewer by name, multiple times. 

1 hour ago, Panto_Villan said:

I wonder if Boris has found being PM as good as he expected it to be, given how hard he's been chasing it his whole life and how willing he was to throw the country under the bus to get into power?

Because (thankfully) it looks from here like he's had a pretty shitty time from start to finish.

Absolutely not, the Covid pandemic put paid to the jolly he was expecting. Far better leaders have struggled as well around the world.

9 minutes ago, Xela said:

Absolutely not, the Covid pandemic put paid to the jolly he was expecting. Far better leaders have struggled as well around the world.

But could you imagine his poll ratings if he’d made such a good gamble on vaccines AND not been a total lying bellend?

That’s all he had to do, not be a lying prick permanently on the take. But he couldn’t manage it.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

Of course he couldn't, it would mean changing the habits of a lifetime. We've all seen that letter from his school headmaster basically saying he was an entitled little shit. And given this was a school that churned out entitled little shits, you get some idea of how bad he was. 

Was that letter genuine!? I honestly thought it was some kind of parody.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Xela said:

Using the Christian Purslow technique of keep referring to the interviewer by name, multiple times. 

Yes. It’s a really hard thing to get right. He over did it. Stress. I’m sure he was told to do it, but he was frazzled. Do it right and it kind of sends the message of “I acknowledge you, recognise you as an professional doing your job and we have a connection in our roles and I respect you”. Overdo it and it seems fake and shallow and desperate and “please like me, I remembered your name”.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, chrisp65 said:

But could you imagine his poll ratings if he’d made such a good gamble on vaccines AND not been a total lying bellend?

That’s all he had to do, not be a lying prick permanently on the take. But he couldn’t manage it.

Boris is going to Boris. 

• Like 2

I think this week is possibly the first time in his life he’s thought “oh shit, I might have gone too far this time”.

Maybe he’ll cry on TV and get the “bless him, he’s trying his best” sympathy vote again.

24 minutes ago, Genie said:

On the BBC story about him earlier there were over 5,500 comments, every single one calling him a no good corrupt liar.

I think it's pretty telling that CCHQ had allowed the Beeb to open up the comments when they tend to turn them off for any slightly controversial story.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

I think it's pretty telling that CCHQ had allowed the Beeb to open up the comments when they tend to turn them off for any slightly controversial story.

Yeah, I was surprised to see comments active on that one.

Absolutely nobody wanted to try and defend him.

Well over 12,000 comments now.

Edited by Genie

4 minutes ago, ml1dch said:

Cheerio then f***-face. Two and a half years longer than he ever should have had. Let's hope he's poisoned their brand for a couple of generations. 

Not a chance, the next one comes in and people forget, and then they go back to blaming Labour and all is forgotten.

• Like 1

Â