The banker loving, baby-eating Tory party thread (regenerated)

blandy

55 minutes ago, bickster said:

I think we're way past that point to be honest. The public won't be any less angry when the report is published, the anger is deep lying and will just remanifest itself when it hits the news cycle again

Oh I agree at this point, but I think it's why they initially tried it.

Raise "independent" investigation. Kick the can down the road by as long as possible. Manipulate the outcome as much as possible. Release on a day with lots of other big news, if at all.

It's dominated the news for too long to just disappear at this point, but it came right out of the usual playbook.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

Oh I agree at this point, but I think it's why they initially tried it.

Raise "independent" investigation. Kick the can down the road by as long as possible. Manipulate the outcome as much as possible. Release on a day with lots of other big news, if at all.

It's dominated the news for too long to just disappear at this point, but it came right out of the usual playbook.

I think more things will come out after the report to make the report look futile. 

Just now, Wainy316 said:

Why does he keep getting away with the "fastest growing economy in the G7" and "40 new hospitals" comments.

Cos he throws it in with mumbling and bluster and secondly, the media don’t give a shit. 

33 minutes ago, The Fun Factory said:

I hope Wakeford has the decency to call a by-election and get re-elected as a Labour politician. 

A tale of two tweets from Labour MP Charlotte Nichols:

This guy has no identifiable left-wing views that I can see. He simply does not represent the Labour party IMO.

• Shocked 1

2 hours ago, HanoiVillan said:

A tale of two tweets from Labour MP Charlotte Nichols:

This guy has no identifiable left-wing views that I can see. He simply does not represent the Labour party IMO.

I guess the question is whether the Labour party choose to keep him at the next election? Is it the local Labour party that control the selection of the MP running for that seat, or is it imposed on them by Labour HQ?

I'm sure he'll be allowed to stay either way due to political expedience but it does seem a strange situation.

21 minutes ago, Panto_Villan said:

I guess the question is whether the Labour party choose to keep him at the next election? Is it the local Labour party that control the selection of the MP running for that seat, or is it imposed on them by Labour HQ?

I'm sure he'll be allowed to stay either way due to political expedience but it does seem a strange situation.

In theory the local party decide; in practice head office will decide (on him).

30 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

Plausible interpretation of today's events IMO:

I can't see twits properly on this PC, but surely it depends on what the outcome of the investigation is before a rebellion can be said to have failed - I mean it (theoretically) might lay enough "involvement" on Bunter to make his position untenable in the eyes of at least 54 baby eating MPs?

Surely, as well, if he gets a chunk of responsibility in the report, but escapes, just, and then the Tories get hammered in the local elections there will be more discontent and that could force him out?  

1 minute ago, blandy said:

I can't see twits properly on this PC, but surely it depends on what the outcome of the investigation is before a rebellion can be said to have failed - I mean it (theoretically) might lay enough "involvement" on Bunter to make his position untenable in the eyes of at least 54 baby eating MPs?

What if the 54 letters are received before the investigation is complete?

Someone will have done the maths, realised they can get the 54 but not the full 180 odd and then they can't do it again for a year

• Like 1

Â