The banker loving, baby-eating Tory party thread (regenerated)

blandy

6 minutes ago, markavfc40 said:

I am seriously starting to think it doesn't matter what they do they'll get voted in again. They are rigging everything they can to ensure they do.

I am not sure I will ever see other than a Tory government for the rest of my days now and I'm 47 and planning/hoping to be around a good while longer yet. What a depressing prospect.  

I’m much more hopeful Mark. It always looks like the edifice will never crumble, but then it does, eventually. Brexit causing major problems, energy prices, taxes up, cost of living up, petrol queues, cronyism, corruption, double standards, covid deaths…

Like when Major’s government just fell apart in the 90s, it happens quite quickly, the tipping point. 

• Like 4

10 minutes ago, markavfc40 said:

I am seriously starting to think it doesn't matter what they do they'll get voted in again. They are rigging everything they can to ensure they do.

I am not sure I will ever see other than a Tory government for the rest of my days now and I'm 47 and planning/hoping to be around a good while longer yet. What a depressing prospect.  

Without wishing to hijack the thread, I’m of similar mind, and it’s why I want out.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, blandy said:

I’m much more hopeful Mark. It always looks like the edifice will never crumble, but then it does, eventually. Brexit causing major problems, energy prices, taxes up, cost of living up, petrol queues, cronyism, corruption, double standards, covid deaths…

Like when Major’s government just fell apart in the 90s, it happens quite quickly, the tipping point. 

I really hope you are right Pete but it feels very different from what happened with past governments. It is like people who voted Tory won't acknowledge that Johnson/The Tories are lying, self serving, dangerous bastards taking the masses for fools as to do so would mean they'd been had in the net, been gullible enough to fall for their obvious bullshit and for many of them to do that would also mean they would have to acknowledge they were had in the net with Brexit. 

You'd like to think people being hit in the pocket will be a wake up call but backed by much of the media I am sure the Tories can twist it so that is all somebody else's fault, perhaps your out of work neighbour, the nasty EU, covid, Johnny foreigner, Labour or the latest one that seems to wash the Cameron or May Tory governments like they were a completely different party. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Well, they managed to get their amendment to suspend his suspension through. He voted for it himself of course, not being much troubled by conflicts of interest obviously:

(Is this journalist rebranding Robert Roberts as Bob Roberts, or does that come from the man himself?)

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

Well, they managed to get their amendment to suspend his suspension through. He voted for it himself of course, not being much troubled by conflicts of interest obviously:

(Is this journalist rebranding Robert Roberts as Bob Roberts, or does that come from the man himself?)

I'm guessing it's a convenient reference to the '90s political satire of the same name. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, blandy said:

Could go either way though IMO. Social Media can often be a bad barometer, but you don’t have to look to hard to see plenty of people who don’t think they’ve been nasty enough. 

They aren’t mad because they were lied to about Brexit or the corruption or the spunking of public money on their mates, they are mad because Patel isn’t manning a gun boat in the channel and we aren’t bombing France over fishing rights. 

The tentacles of the Trump-fuelled grifters have spread. I’m worried tbh. 

58 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

Maybe I had to be there.

Actually, I just listened to today's Spectator podcast and client journalist par excellence James Forsyth also called him Bob Roberts. 

So I guess the terrible sex-pest has decided to Andrew Cole himself. 

Although Bob Roberts is well worth a watch.. Hell of a cast.

Edited by ml1dch
  • Like 1

13 hours ago, blandy said:

I'd throw in Scottish independence into that mix - everything the Tories do now only fuels the likelihood - if Scotland go, where does that leave the flag shaggers? For a start they'd have to remove the blue bits of their beloved flag - major trauma ahead!

Edit - although presumably as the vote not to punish Paterson took place yesterday under the whip and is now done, he still won't face any further punishment for his corruption. So the whole thing was just to make sure he got off when he otherwise wouldn't have.

Edited by ml1dch

Â