The banker loving, baby-eating Tory party thread (regenerated)

blandy

22 minutes ago, chrisp65 said:

The trouble is, there are very few people that can be compared with Cummings.

I know I’m repeating myself, but he attends SAGE and relays their advice to the Prime Minister and then writes the governement’s policy for them, some of which becomes law.

There are so few people in that category, that then did anything approaching what Cummings did. It really is a case apart.

Whether 6 Labour MP’s have been caught out or a Liberal has licked a door handle or in the case of Plaid, one of them got in to some sort of domestic abuse fight, it’s all very much lower tier stuff.

Like, if Kevin from Blackpool hangs out with paedo’s, that’s bad. If a Prince hangs out with convicted paedo’s that’s also bad. But kind of a bigger deal. It’s that same sort of thing. it’s people in positions of power and influence and authority undermining the very system they are supposed to represent.

MP’s will always be caught out doing dumb nasty selfish stuff, the job attracts that sort of person. But if someone is a higher tier and they make the rules, then they are going to get far more scrutiny.

Like when Major was PM and wanted a return to family values and then it turns out he’s scuttling Edwina Curry on the regular. It’s a far bigger deal he’s doing that than some other MP from some other party is also a shagger.

So it is disheartening when constantly having to debate whataboutery. Even with my own MP, who clearly either didn’t know the facts he was trying to add in, or presumed I wouldn’t. Or, like others, presumed if I’m anti tory then I must be pro Labour.

Don't we have a 10 year rule or something , not sure how dragging Major into it fits these rules   .. He didn't get found out until after he'd left office fwiw  , the public would have been blissfully aware of his hypocrisy  ( a few magazines alleged it but as they named the wrong person it was easily dismissed )

A paedo is a paedo as far as i'm concerned  , that one has a title is of no relevance to me in terms of the crime they commit ( except of course when one uses that title to avoid prosecution ) .. that's essentially the point we are differing on  , your view suggests  you'd be ok with a person coveting their neighbour's ox as long as they didn't write the 10 commandments  , where as I view it on the crime against the neighbour .

Edited by tonyh29

AI firm that worked with Vote Leave given new coronavirus contract

Deal may allow Faculty, linked to senior Tory figures, to analyse social media data, utility bills and credit ratings

Faculty, which has links to senior Tory figures in Downing Street and the Cabinet Office, declined to say how many contracts it had won in total from the government for work connected to the pandemic, nor how much the contracts were worth.

The latest contract was awarded directly to Faculty without other firms being given an opportunity to make a competitive bid. The ministry said there was an “urgent need to bring in additional analytics support to help inform our response to the coronavirus pandemic”.

Grauniad

• Like 1

1 hour ago, chrisp65 said:

I can never quite decide if you genuinely don’t get the point. My guess is that my flip flopping out of anger and sarcasm makes it difficult to see what my actual point is. 

Your point was pretty clear. And I think most people would agree with it. 

• Like 1

I don't think that really brings anything to the table  ,but I understood his point perfectly ,  I put across mine ... We had a conversation and didn't agree  , that's cool , we move onto our next disagreement .

As i've said numerous times , it would be a shit topic if all it contained was  someone posting X and loads of people posting "I agree" 

19 minutes ago, tonyh29 said:

I don't think that really brings anything to the table  ,but I understood his point perfectly ,  I put across mine ... We had a conversation and didn't agree  , that's cool , we move onto our next disagreement .

As i've said numerous times , it would be a shit topic if all it contained was  someone posting X and loads of people posting "I agree" 

Your reply to Chris’ post very much read like you had completely missed the point. Apologies if I got that wrong. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Xann said:

Piece of Shit-Mogg in full effect.

D’you think he’s got nanny back stage ready to give him an anti bac wipe down and some warm milk once he’s finished for the day?

For clarity, I’d say that about any Representative for Wellingborough from 1878, not just tory ones.

If any Labour MP’s still have their own wet nurse, a country estate, 16 kids all called Archduke Xenophon III well then I think they’re Representatives for Wellingborough too.

I’m nothing if I’m not even handed.

31 minutes ago, Xann said:

Piece of Shit-Mogg in full effect.

Thats the Right Dishonourable Jacob Piece-of-Shit-Moggif you don't meind. It would offend his sensibilities if you didn't address him correctly.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, bickster said:

Thats the Right Dishonourable Jacob Piece-of-Shit-Moggif you don't meind. It would offend his sensibilities if you didn't address him correctly.

If you address a letter to word removed, Somerset its likely to find its way to him. 

*stolen from Cook and Moore. 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Seat68 said:

If you address a letter to word removed, Somerset its likely to find its way to him. 

*stolen from Cook and Moore. 

Living in Somerset I can confirm that it could easily end up going through a lot of doors. 

Probably mine included. 

• Haha 3

2 hours ago, tonyh29 said:

Agreed :ph34r:

6 hours ago, tonyh29 said:

you'd be ok with a person coveting their neighbour's ox as long as they didn't write the 10 commandments 

Neither is OK. The particular exacerbated ox-related transgression of the MP is that as an ox-coveter, he then outlaws ox-coveting for everyone, while secretly (he hopes) carrying on with his bovine companion regardless. Like an MP on a pay committee paying his cleaner less than the legal minimum wage, or Dominic Cummerbatch flouting his own lockdown rules, multiple times over and then lying about it. He flouted so many different parts of the rules on so many occasions and the tories (by and large) defend him out of nothing but self interest, even though every one of them knows he should go.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, tonyh29 said:

it would be a shit topic if all it contained was  someone posting X and loads of people posting "I agree" 

I agree. Oh.

• Haha 1

Â