The banker loving, baby-eating Tory party thread (regenerated)

blandy

30 minutes ago, blandy said:

He flouted so many different parts of the rules on so many occasions and the tories (by and large) defend him out of nothing but self interest, even though every one of them knows he should go.

That's probably unfair. I reckon that some of them are so unbelievably stupid that they are not lying, and genuinely believe that he did nothing wrong. 

39 minutes ago, StefanAVFC said:

I detest Boris Johnson, my word. He is a word removed. 

I don’t get his appeal. Even for Tories. 
Why do people like him?

Hes a massive massive detestable piece of shit

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

Why do people like him?

He's a Tory.

He has a slightly less politician-esque personality to package the Tory up in and sell it.

And that's it. People think he's less horrific because he babbles and blusters and can be irreverent. But he's actually a particularly grim Tory with no moral scruples at all and the depth of a puddle.

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

Why do people like him?

He beat lefty scum and got Brexit.

Also, his "football" fans who were so quick shout ANTISEMITISM now don't care about antisemitism.

That's the sort who like him.

Edited by avfcDJ

1 hour ago, Stevo985 said:

Why do people like him?

They're going off him, but I'd say it was because he says happy things, mostly. The sunlit uplands, get it done, save 350 million quid, Global Britain...all just meaningless, mendacious garbage, but optimistic stuff that people who pay little attention like hearing. That and acting the clown and people felt he was "alright". He fools people.

• Like 2

49 minutes ago, blandy said:

They're going off him, but I'd say it was because he says happy things, mostly. The sunlit uplands, get it done, save 350 million quid, Global Britain...all just meaningless, mendacious garbage, but optimistic stuff that people who pay little attention like hearing. That and acting the clown and people felt he was "alright". He fools people.

I think it's easy to underestimate the extent to which very large parts of the population hate hearing about politics, resent people ever bringing it up or it emerging as something they need to pay attention to, and many people in that group are probably perfectly happy with someone who seems to treat it as a bit of a joke and who will spend his time in charge doing nothing much of anything that would trouble their attention.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, blandy said:

He fools people.

Repeatedly seeing as he's 3 for 3 on election votes with the public ( 2 in London and one GE ...  doo da doo da for those that like their football songs)

Johnson  somehow resonates with more people than he alienates ,  not just those in Rutland that voted him in at the last election  :lol:  .... maybe Starmer's  dull analytical lawyer approach  should triumph hands down every time and maybe it will , but Starmer has to convince the  public not an ABT football forum . 

52 minutes ago, tonyh29 said:

Repeatedly seeing as he's 3 for 3 on election votes with the public ( 2 in London and one GE ...  doo da doo da for those that like their football songs)

Johnson  somehow resonates with more people than he alienates ,  not just those in Rutland that voted him in at the last election  :lol:  .... maybe Starmer's  dull analytical lawyer approach  should triumph hands down every time and maybe it will , but Starmer has to convince the  public not an ABT football forum . 

@tonyh29genuinely interested and not trying to be funny at all. What is it about Boris and the Tory Party that gets your support? What do you think they do well for the country and the people? 

My circle of friends aren't very political or if they voted tory is was more because they didn't like Corbyn than actually being fully behind Boris. And anyone on social media is just extreme. 

I'd genuinely be interested in hearing why you support them? To me they seem horrendous but they clearly won by a massive majority. I'm trying to understand it more. 

• Like 1

Â