The banker loving, baby-eating Tory party thread (regenerated)

blandy

29 minutes ago, tom_avfc said:

Is it just me or is this government actually quite scary in the way it is operating? They seem to be above any kind of accountability and desperate to shut down any questioning without answering.

Im only 30 but I can’t remember anything quite like this. I also find it a bit worrying that there seems to be a large number of people who would seemingly blindly defend the indefensible. If there was an election tomorrow I still think they’d win.

Same.

I'm coming up to 35 and I've not known anything like this. Maybe I just didn't pay as much attention before.

And you're right. They'd win because iT wOuLd Be WoRsE uNdEr LaBoUr

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

Same.

I'm coming up to 35 and I've not known anything like this. Maybe I just didn't pay as much attention before.

And you're right. They'd win because iT wOuLd Be WoRsE uNdEr LaBoUr

I tried to put it down to not paying as much attention in the past but everything about the people in charge at the moment seems so much worse than anything I’ve seen previously.

And your last sentence rings so true too. There’s no way to defend some of the actions at the moment so it just reverts to completely irrelevant and/or unsubstantiated comments in defence of them. 

It worries me more where this will lead. How bad does it have to get before the majority of people turn against the current government. 

I still haven't calmed down about him not even knowing what 'no recourse to public funds' is. It has been one of the flagship 'tough on migrants' policies for successive Tory governments. He has been asked about it in the Commons. His government recently lost a legal judgement in the High Court about the conditions of the status. 76 Labour MPs wrote to him about it, right at the start of the crisis, asking him to pause the status. And he doesn't even **** know what it is?

My wife is on no recourse to public funds. She lost her job right at the start of the crisis, as her language school was an immediate casualty of the end of international travel. She has been surviving on bits and pieces, but mostly burning through savings, ever since. Yet we're the lucky ones - we don't have kids, and I have a job (for now) that can support her. But for families with both parents having the status, and with children, there is pretty much no hope for anything except destitution.

How can he possibly not even know what it is?

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

40 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

I still haven't calmed down about him not even knowing what 'no recourse to public funds' is. It has been one of the flagship 'tough on migrants' policies for successive Tory governments. He has been asked about it in the Commons. His government recently lost a legal judgement in the High Court about the conditions of the status. 76 Labour MPs wrote to him about it, right at the start of the crisis, asking him to pause the status. And he doesn't even **** know what it is?

My wife is on no recourse to public funds. She lost her job right at the start of the crisis, as her language school was an immediate casualty of the end of international travel. She has been surviving on bits and pieces, but mostly burning through savings, ever since. Yet we're the lucky ones - we don't have kids, and I have a job (for now) that can support her. But for families with both parents having the status, and with children, there is pretty much no hope for anything except destitution.

You’re giving him more credit than he’s due just by being (apparently) surprised by this.

4 hours ago, bannedfromHandV said:

You’re giving him more credit than he’s due just by being (apparently) surprised by this.

To be fair, I call him a lazy, bluffing charlatan pretty regularly, but this was a new low. I look forward to Robert Jenrick or whoever giving the press conference today, and revealing that they will not, actually, be 'looking into this'. 

Just now, StefanAVFC said:

mate

a) Did not one tell braindead Dan that she wasn't on?

b)if she was on, Hi I'm Dan, I'm a politician in name only, I don't like scrutiny

c) Hi I'm dumber than a thick plank of wood

• Like 1

He’s the fella in England that wanted the Welsh Parliament abolished because he couldn’t get to his nearest beach, which was in England.

How do these people get to these positions, how has he got a £70,000 job?

2 minutes ago, chrisp65 said:

He’s the fella in England that wanted the Welsh Parliament abolished because he couldn’t get to his nearest beach, which was in England.

How do these people get to these positions, how has he got a £70,000 job?

Also the bloke who went to Poland to tell them to reject any deal with the UK. He loves Brexit. Mentioned something about Europeans controlling our fate or something.

7 hours ago, HanoiVillan said:

Because he doesn't care in the slightest about it.

2 hours ago, HanoiVillan said:

I look forward to Robert Jenrick or whoever giving the press conference today, and revealing that they will not, actually, be 'looking into this'.

They'll probably say they'll review it and then two hours later say that this didn't actually mean there was going to be a review in to it.

1 hour ago, snowychap said:

Because he doesn't care in the slightest about it.

I can't decide whether it's worse to be governed by a psychopath who hates immigrants and takes every opportunity to make their lives worse like Theresa May, or a part-time loafer who appears absolutely baffled that his government's policies even exist like Johnson.

The opposition had better ride them hard about reviewing the status. The government have caved before under pressure, they may do so again. I will be watching and judging to be honest.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

Translation: "I had to decline Newsnight interview last night on Mr Cummings because I find Emily Maitlis to be one of the few journalists who actually asks pertinent questions and who doesn't let things go when MPs try to squirm out of a question by not answering it or lying. There is no way I would have been able to come out of it in a positive way given I'd be answering questions on an indefensible subject propped up by lies. I'm not used to actually having to appear competent"

Also I'm sure all the people agreeing with him in the comments would be the same people labelling anyone on the left a "pathetic snowflake" if they said anything like this.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, snowychap said:

If I have got this right, they have stopped the hybrid remote parliament so they can decide how they are going to vote on matters going forward? Why can't they do that remotely/not done already? Just seems a rather daft way of going ahead, "yes you can all come back, but only 50 of you are allowed". Just nonsense. 

• Like 2

Â