The banker loving, baby-eating Tory party thread (regenerated)

blandy

9 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

Expect to hear more oh-so-subtle appeals to dudebro gamers IMO

Possibly the least likely to vote demographic ever!

VOte? Yeah I'll do that after the next FIFA tournament and 5 joints

You mean that was three days ago... bummer

27 minutes ago, bickster said:

As well as the whopper that he told that was mentioned elsewhere on VT, he also claimed credit for London Transport going contactless with the Oster Card today, trouble is, it was introduced 5 years before he was MoL

Surprised you’ve not been asked already , but without  a source it’s hard to know what was said but best I can find is someone on Twitter attributing him saying  “ When I was mayor of London we drove up bus ridership by improving the service and having contactless payment - Oyster cards

I’m not sure that is really the same thing as you claim , but I’m sure you’ll argue otherwise :) 

9 minutes ago, tonyh29 said:

Surprised you’ve not been asked already , but without  a source it’s hard to know what was said but best I can find is someone on Twitter attributing him saying  “ When I was mayor of London we drove up bus ridership by improving the service and having contactless payment - Oyster cards

I’m not sure that is really the same thing as you claim , but I’m sure you’ll argue otherwise :) 

How can you continue to defend him? It’s just mind blowing.

What do you see when you see Boris Johnson? 

13 minutes ago, bannedfromHandV said:

How can you continue to defend him? It’s just mind blowing.

What do you see when you see Boris Johnson? 

Im Not really sure how asking for bicks to clarify his claim is defending somebody ?

As for “continue  to defend  him” would you be so kind as to go find some direct quotes of me defending please 

8 minutes ago, tonyh29 said:

Im Not really sure how asking for bicks to clarify his claim is defending somebody ?

As for “continue  to defend  him” would you be so kind as to go find some direct quotes of me defending please 

Mate, unless you want to see KFC made into a public service and the Buckingham palace turned into council housing, surely you must be a far right wing Boris lover?

9 hours ago, tonyh29 said:

Okay cool, no you’re totally on board with the reality of Boris and the Tory party, must be my mistake.

The fact that you’ve stood against the tide of criticism on almost every page of this thread over the past few weeks must be totally in my head, my bad I guess.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, bannedfromHandV said:

Okay cool, no you’re totally on board with the reality of Boris and the Tory party, must be my mistake.

The fact that you’ve stood against the tide of criticism on almost every page of this thread over the past few weeks must be totally in my head, my bad I guess.

There were only really 2 options here , admit you made a mistake  or go post the evidence .. eithers fine with me ( I post a lot so can’t remember everything I’ve said , but you clearly can as you used the line that I continue to defend him ) then we can discuss further , until that point I guess our interactions are done really 

• Thanks 1

In this story about more feuding in Downing Street, this passage caught my eye.

Crowley was research director and then political director of Johnson’s London mayoral election campaigns in 2008 and 2012. He wrote Victory in London about Johnson’s political rise, which at one point describes how at “particularly stressful moments” the future prime minister would disappear and hide behind a giant coffin in a prop store.

Brilliant reaction but has the world really gone that mad that someone can't even be seen with any sort of disposable coffee cup.

Expect to see an aide wheeling this around after him  for the rest of the day

bISJOOa.jpg

Edited by LakotaDakota

5 hours ago, bannedfromHandV said:

the reality of Boris and the Tory party

I'm not sure that either have actually quite grasped the concept of reality just yet. Fantasy, yes. Denial, yes. Delusion, sure. But reality?

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, blandy said:

I'm not sure that either have actually quite grasped the concept of reality just yet. Fantasy, yes. Denial, yes. Delusion, sure. But reality?

I imagine Boris as a Sergeant Barnes (of the film Platoon) type character, after he’s killed off the liberal element of the squad (Elias) he claims he is reality to the remaining platoon members.

In fact, the parallels with that film and this entire situation are highly prevalent.

We must not let Barnes win.

• Haha 2

Â