The banker loving, baby-eating Tory party thread (regenerated)

blandy

Avid did that weird little speech about his mum watching Coronation Street. Yet wants to change immigration rules so folk like his father would no longer be eligible to come here.

So unlike a Tory to have the instinct to pull up the ladder behind them. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, NurembergVillan said:

Because, like Priti Patel, they're words removed.

It boils my piss when someone like Yaxley-Lennon wants to end FoM, but at least he's a white supremacist so I can label him.  Patel and Javid are like Oreo-flavoured white supremacists.  It blows my mind.

Although, I suppose they are truly the archetypal Tory - they're alright so **** everyone else.

Are they even aware that most of those over-60 home counties gammons that voted in Boris would probably love to see a Britain with no Patels and Javids at all? 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

35 minutes ago, snowychap said:

I was led to believe that studies suggested new(ish) immigrants are quite often those most opposed to even newer immigration.

We have a Jamaican lad on our firm as a driver. He thinks Brexit is a wonderful idea and we've got nothing to be worried about. There's no arguing with him, he's absolutely convinced and he reckons a lot of his friends feel the same. It's quite utterly baffling.

He's a nice bloke, loves reggae and is really proud of Jamaican music's influence on the world. His favourite reggae band is UB40

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

I hate to say this and I am not happy I have lowered myself to the more base elements of this forum. I have a weird attraction to Priti Patel. 

an134544382file-in-this-t.jpg

Edited by Seat68
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

3 minutes ago, Seat68 said:

I hate to say this and I am not happy I have lowered myself to the more base elements of this forum. I have a weird attraction to Priti Patel. 

I can easily imagine pleasuring her with a road drill

• Like 1

I see a whistleblower has come forward with more on the Jennifer Arcuri thing, and it's getting more attention.

Jennifer Arcuri got visa from scheme run by former Johnson official

A whistleblower told the Guardian: “Innotech stood out compared to other startups in the programme, which had a much higher potential to scale up … I could not understand why we were giving so much attention and extra funds to Innotech.”

The Sirius scheme, run by UK Trade and Investment (now the Department for International Trade), aimed to attract international entrepreneurs to set up businesses in Britain by providing visas, expert advice and mentorship, as well as a £12,000 grant.

According to evidence provided to the Guardian by a whistleblower, staff working on the Sirius programme warned Cuneo and other senior civil servants of a conflict of interest in June 2014 after Innotech was given £10,000 by the scheme to run a launch event for the programme the month before before without any tendering process.

Staff were concerned that the programme team failed to follow procurement rules and warned there was a conflict of interest with the Sirius scheme paying the startup because it was already a recipient of the visa scheme.

Speaking this week, the whistleblower accused Cuneo of showing favouritism towards Innotech and questioned the company’s suitability for a place on the programme given it was simply an events firm rather than developing a product.

The whistleblower, who worked on the Sirius scheme at the time, told the Guardian: “I regarded the two decisions about Innotech [on the visa and the subsequent launch event contract] as examples of favouritism.”

Innotech was the only company admitted in the first wave of Sirius startups that did not have a tech product, the whistleblower said.

“It was fundamentally an event company. In that sense, Innotech stood out compared to other startups in the programme, which had a much higher potential to scale up. Potential to scale was one of the criteria we adopted to evaluate applicants.

“This is significant because admission to the Sirius programme involved a tier 1 entrepreneur visa, plus a grant of £12,000, plus additional support resources.”

The whistleblower said that after Innotech was admitted, Cuneo decided to give the firm an extra £10,000 to organise a launch event for the Sirius programme.

“Several members of the team raised concerns about that decision, because it seemed not to follow standard procurement rules and because there was a clear conflict of interest (as we had already funded this startup). There were concerns because those services were procured without opening up the tender to competition and because the invoicing seemed to be irregular. On top of that, we already had a supplier for event management, so this seemed like a duplication.”

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Seat68 said:

There really should be a thread. People you really should not fancy but do. 

Viz used to have an ongoing article  for it called “Borderline Boilers”  I seem to recall Charlie Dimmock was a particular favourite of theirs back in the day 

• Haha 1

26 minutes ago, tonyh29 said:

Viz used to have an ongoing article  for it called “Borderline Boilers”  I seem to recall Charlie Dimmock was a particular favourite of theirs back in the day 

She was a particular favourite of mine back in the day. But my god, have you seen what she's like now? 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, chrisp65 said:

It’s strangely Orwellian isn’t it. Somebody stood at a podium pledging to make people less free, and they all clap.

Truly some mass hysteria has got to these people.

Applauding their own personal freedoms being restricted. Applauding their children’s and grandchildren’s freedom of movement being restricted.

Proper **** up in the head people.

Can’t say what I want to say any better than this, so just reposting really.

I am dumbfounded on an hourly basis right now.

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

She was a particular favourite of mine back in the day. But my god, have you seen what she's like now? 

I just had a look , I’ll never google anything ever again 

• Thanks 1

Â