The banker loving, baby-eating Tory party thread (regenerated)

blandy

Just now, Chindie said:

Yes. A Tory MP in Middlesbrough. There should barely be a Tory in the Northeast, but Middlesbrough (be it South or any other part of the area) is one of the most deprived places in the country. Tories should be anathema to them.

The Middlesborough title of the constituency is rather misleading, its a mainly rural seat

SOMid.PNG

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

It's not exactly unjustified.

Maybe. I’m not entirely sure what he’s done to be considered a worse alternative to the shitshow we currently have running the country, but that might just be me. 

• Like 4

14 minutes ago, bobzy said:

Maybe. I’m not entirely sure what he’s done to be considered a worse alternative to the shitshow we currently have running the country, but that might just be me. 

And how is the weather on Mars today ? 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, choffer said:

I just came here to post exactly that, @snowychap. The sheer mendacity of that man is staggering. 

Over the last few weeks, there has been a reasonably well co-ordinated approach by the opposition parties to refer to him as "untrustworthy", in the hope that repetition sparks recognition.

We all know he's a lying shit, but it's also important to establish it as a known fact, and an unacceptable thing.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, choffer said:

I find it genuinely staggering that anyone would need a coordinated campaign to know that he is a lying toad of a man. The fact he still has people in his thrall in this country astounds and disappoints me in equal measure. 

I agree.

I think it's a combination of several things.  The false story that all politicians are liars, which is untrue and serves to give cover to the corrupt scum like him.  The fawning coverage in the media, not just the tory tabloids, but also the BBC referring to him on so many occasions as "Boris", which anyone can tell them (and they must know) promotes a sense of familiarity and closeness which is entirely inappropriate for political reporting.  The "cheeky chappie" image, in which smug self-adulation is presented as being a bit cavalier, a bit edgy.

I could go on, but I think I would vomit.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, chrisp65 said:

Greed and fear of having to share some of the cake.

I think it’s more the fact we won’t have any cake to share and I don’t mean due to mythical Brexit empty shelves  , but this is the “its on Twitter it’s true “ bash a Tory thread so maybe the merits of St Jezza should be carried on in the “I’m not a labour support , but “ thread ? 

Something I noticed today is that when asked about his alleged thigh-squeezing earlier, he denied it and then said that people wanted the Tories to focus on 'levelling up and uniting the country'. I heard a different Cabinet minister use a video game reference just a couple of days ago, but the fact it's happened twice means it's no coincidence. Expect to hear more oh-so-subtle appeals to dudebro gamers IMO.

7 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

Something I noticed today is that when asked about his alleged thigh-squeezing earlier, he denied it and then said that people wanted the Tories to focus on 'levelling up and uniting the country'. I heard a different Cabinet minister use a video game reference just a couple of days ago, but the fact it's happened twice means it's no coincidence. Expect to hear more oh-so-subtle appeals to dudebro gamers IMO.

The last thing I want to hear is Boris talking about ‘sweaty goals’.

• Haha 1

Â