The banker loving, baby-eating Tory party thread (regenerated)

blandy

1 hour ago, bickster said:

Mental isn't it. They're all playing to the wider party when they have to get past the small hurdle of being in the last two first

Yeah, it's mad. I mean they're all (with a couple of exceptions) either incredibly ignorant and uninformed about the reality, or are lying through their teeth. Either way there's not an earthly hope that what they are promising can ever come to pass, so their failure to either understand or confront reality is going to come back to kick them, and the country right in the nads. It's monumentally stupid on a scale out of this world.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, chrisp65 said:

I'm keeping my betting money in my pocket until Chris Grayling declares.

Can you imagine?

The country would slip under the waves.

He's likely still ratching around Gatwick hedgerows with his magnifying glass and deerstalker.

Edited by Xann
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

21 minutes ago, Xann said:

Can you imagine?

The country would slip under the waves.

He's likely still ratching around Gatwick hedgerows with his magnifying glass and deerstalker.

I won't have anything said against Chris.

I'm this close to selling him a slightly used Trump Baby Blimp for when French air traffic control next go on strike.

On 31/05/2019 at 21:24, Seat68 said:

Is Theresa May standing down as an MP? Or is she fading into the back benches. 

I believe she will continue as an MP for the time being. In short order, she will be moved to the House of Lords. 

Update on pledges as of this morning, before the latest time-waster (Gyimah) joined:

Johnson - 30 pledges

Gove - 29

Hunt - 29

Raab - 23

Javid - 17

Hancock - 11

Malthouse - 6

McVey - 6

Harper - 5

Cleverly - 4

Stewart - 4

Leadsom - 2

(https://www.conservativehome.com/parliament/2019/06/leadership-election-candidate-support-numbers-hunt-27-johnson-19-raab-13-gove-12-javid-10.html#idc-cover)

So Johnson moves ahead of Hunt, and Gove draws level with him. Bad day for Hunt, but an even worse day for Raab who seems to be being squeezed out by Johnson. 

I see the chancellor rejects a recent UN report that suggests vast numbers are living in extreme poverty in the UK.

I think that's a nonsense. Look around you, that's not what we see in this country.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-48503170

Well quite Phil. When I look around, that's not what you see is it? In any country ;)

Imagine the shock of realising that when a tory MP "looks around" he doesn't see any poverty. :o

Also, get to **** telling people what they see. What a Henry Kelly.

• Sad 1

He should come to Liverpool and see the huge numbers of homeless people and the many others who quite clearly don’t have a pot to piss in. Ten minutes in the zombie shopping centre opposite our office should be enough to convince him

• Like 1

The council here are currently trying to persuade all the voluntary organisations that run foodbanks to start doing emergency accommodation.

Looks like our Chancellor, widely seen as one of the moderate sensible tories, is actually just a typical tory. Utterly devoid of heart, blind to others suffering.

No poor people down at the club, eh Phil?

• Like 3

Mr 'Moderate Sensible Conservative' you're discussing here is well-known as the most ideologically committed to austerity in the Cabinet. In the most important way possible, he's the least 'moderate' of all of them, but since his extremism is much less in-your-face than many of his colleague, the media (who frequently mistake personal affect and bearing for politics) treat him as if he was a centrist. 

• Like 3

On 02/06/2019 at 23:56, HanoiVillan said:

an even worse day for Raab who seems to be being squeezed out by Johnson.  

Well, it's a long campaign, I suppose they have to have some time for relaxation.

• Haha 2

Â