The banker loving, baby-eating Tory party thread (regenerated)

blandy

If you're bored of modern-day Tories discussing the time they rode the white horse as young men, and want a change of pace, enjoy this video of Conservative cabinet minister and future member of the House of Lords Christopher Mayhew taking mescaline in the company of psychiatrist Humphry Osmond on 'Panorama' in 1955:

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

If you're bored of modern-day Tories discussing the time they rode the white horse as young men, and want a change of pace, enjoy this video of Conservative cabinet minister and future member of the House of Lords Christopher Mayhew taking mescaline in the company of psychiatrist Humphry Osmond on 'Panorama' in 1955:

He looks like he's had a decent spliff.

Tories are weird like this.  They engage in all sorts of sexual depravity and drugtaking, and still come over all "Ooh, Maud" at the mention of the very same things.

Can anyone think of anyone worse to get stoned with than Andrea Loathesome?

She talks enough shite when she's straight

I've got Demonic Raab down for Magic Mushrooms and Jermey Hunt for Ket in the Tory Leadership Drug Tombola

Boris on the other hand is getting his people to try and find a drug he hasn't done so he can be consistent with the rest in lying about drug use

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, bickster said:

Can anyone think of anyone worse to get stoned with than Andrea Loathesome?

She talks enough shite when she's straight

I've got Demonic Raab down for Magic Mushrooms and Jermey Hunt for Ket in the Tory Leadership Drug Tombola

Boris on the other hand is getting his people to try and find a drug he hasn't done so he can be consistent with the rest in lying about drug use

Boris & Flakka iirc.

• Haha 1

Stephen Bush:

Michael Gove got high but his party champions a futile war on drugs

'There are two public settings in which you might expect someone to freely admit to taking illegal drugs. The first is an ex-con explaining why they ended up in prison and can now only find employment that is insecure, poorly paid or in the criminal economy. The second, it turns out, is in the Conservative leadership election.

Jeremy Hunt, the foreign secretary, has admitted to drinking a lassi laced with cannabis, while Rory Stewart, the international development secretary, revealed that he smoked opium in Iran while working as a diplomat.

Also, I think we should know whether the crazed "garden bridge" scheme of the ludicrous Johnson was the outcome of some heavy session with his pals.  I think it's a more likely reason than anyone actually subjecting it to any critical thought.

1 hour ago, peterms said:

Also, I think we should know whether the crazed "garden bridge" scheme of the ludicrous Johnson was the outcome of some heavy session with his pals.  I think it's a more likely reason than anyone actually subjecting it to any critical thought.

Definitely the result of a good session on the skunk

There were pics circulating of the traitors Farage and Johnson meeting up just before the weekend. It was claimed they were taken last week, but it's impossible to say for sure. Though it is looking like a two pronged Brexit strategy, with Boris's announcement today that he'll cut taxes for the wealthiest in the UK.

So Boris looking for the uncaring rich vote, Farage looking for the unthinking Brexit vote.

5 minutes ago, Xann said:

that he'll cut taxes for the wealthiest in the UK

It's like it's targeted precisely at the 100k that vote on the leadership,  but if it's no deal they wouldn't feel it I suspect,  how would they  ?  I personally can't see how the 100k members can lose out of this,  no matter what happens they seem to be on course to come out of this unscathted or am i missing soemthing here ?

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Amsterdam_Neil_D said:

It's like it's targeted precisely at the 100k that vote on the leadership,  but if it's no deal they wouldn't feel it I suspect,  how would they  ?  I personally can't see how the 100k members can lose out of this,  no matter what happens they seem to be on course to come out of this unscathted or am i missing soemthing here ?

What you're missing is that the Tories don't have a majority in the House, so they can say whatever they want about legislation but unless it can pass with no rebellion from backbench Tories plus the DUP it won't happen. On which note:

. . . to which you have to say, if the Tories can't pass a budget, they don't have the confidence of the House, and they really need to call an election. On which further note:

You could never accuse them of putting country before party, that's for sure. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

It's so frightening to see politicians openly talking about peroguing parliament.

Do any Tories/Leavers on VT actually support that action? I can't see how that could result in anything other than massive civil unrest and the death of the Conservative party (every cloud!). 

Â