The banker loving, baby-eating Tory party thread (regenerated)

blandy

2 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

I think I might take them a bit more seriously as a party if the top-line of their address wasn't 'The Biscuit Factory'! :crylaugh:

Just as long as they're not half baked :)

I take biscuits quite seriously.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Chindie said:

Insert terrible comment about how much better the country could be if noone in that room was in that room.

Hypothetically, I wonder how someone like Snake Gove, May or Davies would fair working for the likes of Thatcher or Churchill ? 

I fear the current Government is a bit like the little African fella who entered the 100 m "freestyle swimming" in the Olympics ages ago and the poor little fella nearly drowned,  Brexit is the current Governments Olympics & they are yet to choose an event.

On 21/02/2018 at 22:47, markavfc40 said:

I can"t say I am a big grime fan but at the Brits Stormzy, who won best male and album of the year, closed the show and used the platform as a means to call out Theresa May in regard to Grenfell. Fair play to him.

They're from another planet, these words removed.

• Like 4

On 23/02/2018 at 00:12, bickster said:

That's also their huge problem though, their voters are literally dying by the day

Unfortunately though, if we are accepting the premise that old people vote conservative, demographic trends in western countries means they are gaining new voters at a faster rate then their (even) older voters are dying. 

1 minute ago, LondonLax said:

Unfortunately though, if we are accepting the premise that old people vote conservative, demographic trends in western countries means they are gaining new voters at a faster rate then their (even) older voters are dying. 

That doesn’t appear to be happening in the UK. It’s not an age thing as such. It’s an of an age thing. The current older generation have a different set of values to those behind them. They were born in different times. The point where the voting age gets to parity between Labour and Tory is also getting older as time moves on. Iirc it was somewhere between 45and 50 last time, 

• Like 2

No hesitation, apparently.

The original tweet was on the 19th Feb and this apology was eventually tweeted at 10:28pm on the 24th Feb (having done the rounds for a good five or six hours before).

Errrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr...

Edited by snowychap

7 hours ago, snowychap said:

No hesitation, apparently.

The original tweet was on the 19th Feb and this apology was eventually tweeted at 10:28pm on the 24th Feb (having done the rounds for a good five or six hours before).

Errrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr...

He didn't have much choice. I quoted Corbyn's lawyers' letter a couple of pages back. He'd have been wiped out in court. Now I want to know how much he's had to pay for Jezza's legal fees, and what charity he's had to donate to. 

58 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

He didn't have much choice. I quoted Corbyn's lawyers' letter a couple of pages back. He'd have been wiped out in court. Now I want to know how much he's had to pay for Jezza's legal fees, and what charity he's had to donate to. 

i believe Corbyn asked him to donate to a homelessness charity and a food bank in Mansfield (Bradley's constituency). 

55 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

i believe Corbyn asked him to donate to a homelessness charity and a food bank in Mansfield (Bradley's constituency). 

I was kind of hoping it would be something like "The Gay Communist Muslim Asylum Seekers' Anti-Monarchist Fighting Fund". 

• Haha 2

5 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

I was kind of hoping it would be something like "The Gay Communist Muslim Asylum Seekers' Anti-Monarchist Fighting Fund". 

I'm sure making him pay for a food bank in his own constituency is embarrassing enough. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, mjmooney said:

He didn't have much choice.

I know that.

My point was about the 'no hesitation' when there appears to have been lots of hesitation even up to the point that media outlets were running this apology a number of hours before the bloke eventually bothered to tweet it.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, snowychap said:

I know that.

My point was about the 'no hesitation' when there appears to have been lots of hesitation even up to the point that media outlets were running this apology a number of hours before the bloke eventually bothered to tweet it.

Quickly followed by 5 or 6 retweets to try and push it down his timeline.

Â